• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Jacket's and Bibs?

DeathExpress

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Har Co, Maryland
What do you guys wear? I'm thinking about going with the Cabela's ultimate suede or Dry-Plus silent suede. Haven't decided yet, and wanted to know if there are any other options. I pretty much mainly gun hunt from a stand.

Re: Jacket's and Bibs?

I can only speak for Carhartt. Thats all I have ever had and tried.

It depends on how you can handle the cold weather.When I was younger,I could hunt in a stand for hours with a pullover and thermals.Now I need a couple of thermal layers and electric socks.I recently added a product called the warmbag heat suit to my line of gear.Perfect for those - degree days on stand,or coyote night hunts.I wear light weight clothes and put the suit over my safety harness and am good to go.I've tried every type of clothing combo to keep me comfortable on stand,but the warmbag is the only product that keeps my feet warm too.It's not good for stalking around,but if you hunt from a stand in cold weather,you won't be disappointed with its performance.
Good Luck,
STEVE

I sit when I hunt and have found that layers work the best. I've used Browning bibs and jackets for several years. Good quality and they wear well.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog...O-Grand-Passage

A couple of years ago, I got a Thermologic vest and it has been great. OAT of 25 degrees I set the batteries on low and stay comfortable all morning. Recharge at lunch and I'm set for the evening.

http://thermologic.net/

I use the dry plus, have no complaints...and if arent satisified with them Cabelas will take them back..Great customer service.

If you are stand hunting you should try thewarmbag. I got one this year and it is simply awesome!!! So far all I have had to wear is my cargo pants, a light t-shirt and a chamois shirt on top. No jacket, no longjohns. I get to my stand and slip into the warmbag and zip up and I am as warm as I would ever want to be.

You can see it at thewarmbag.com and I am not affiliated, just one happy customer!

Same for me on the Browning outerwear. I have the bibs, heavy coat and light fleace for going on 6 years now. They seem to hold up very well and I am pretty tough on my gear.

I use Cabelas Outfitter wool with dry-plus. I have been using it for about 4-5 years and it has held up real well.

Dry-plus is the way to go. First year I pheasant hunted with insulated bibs in CRP grass, stayed wet the whole trip. been several years on a pair of Cabelas dry-plus upland bibs with no probs.

I wear the cabela's wool jacket and bibs they are excellent for cold weather, I have worn it up in Canada and here in Wisconsin during very cold weather.

Paul

thewarmbag looks too much like a snuggie, but I seem to always get cold. I might have to get one later. Thanks for input.

Does anyone wear coveralls?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeathExpress</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does anyone wear coveralls? </div></div>

I hate coveralls. They bother my codsack.

Heavy polypro underwear have always worked for me, and a heavy jacket and bibs for the really cold stuff.

Drake for waterfowling. Jeans and shirt for deer.

Cabelas extreeme stand hunter suit. Bibs and a parka jacket with hood and removeable handwarmer from the rear of the coat. Canada proven for 2 weeks in Alberta hunting. Like you were in bed with a electric blanket. Also wear the XCO #4 suit under it.

I bought fron Cabela's the Berber fleece jacket and bibs. Sat at 15 degrees in ks this week, very nice and super quiet. Were on sale, at least 3 weeks ago as well.

Seekrer120

Key brand clothes I borrowed a pair of the insulated duck brown overalls and coat made by these folks and was pleasently surprised how warm they kept me and how quiet they are. I was in Montana prior to Thanksgiving and the warmest it was while I was there was 14 degrees when I stepped off the plane, -11 the morning I left. Good stuff, I had used Carharts for decades and these are pretty damn close for about a third of the price. They do advertise some waterproof stuff but I have not tried them out. They had some nice features like leg zippers that allowed my size 14 pack boots to go through the legs. Storm flaps on the legs kept the snow out and plenty of pockets with good durability and fit. The nice thing about bibs over coveralls is you can vent and remove the jacket if need be without loosing the core temperature.