• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jacob/Rifles Only featured Outdoor Life Article

Re: Jacob/Rifles Only featured Outdoor Life Article

Hey, if someone wants to pay for me to go to an awesome course with free rifles, suppressors, bullets, gear, etc. I will write the SHIT out of a four paragraph internet article!

Good read, learned a couple of good tips. Thanks, Frank.

Ok, what brand are the Khaki wet weather jackets that everyone seems to be wearing in the article ?

Bloody good story to, looks like a great time was had by all !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was emailed this article today... Outdoor life sent a bunch of writers and gun guys to the Desert Tactical Range facility for "Operation Winter Fury" where Jacob was the lead instructor for the group.
Outdoor Life Article / Sniper School
</div></div>

Great article. It was a pleasure meeting you today Frank. Thanks for all of the pointers. Steve.

Good press for Jacob.

Four days of shooting a 338 Lapua? Wow.. I wonder if they had any say in what rifle they were going to shoot?

Was that the HTI model in 338?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that the HTI model in 338? </div></div>

Nah, the new Desert Tactical Arms HTI model is in .50 BMG. I was with Jacob up there in Utah. I believe only one of those new HTIs exist right now. Sweet rifle that doesn't hit you as bad as a Barrett or McMillan. DTA made their own brake. It was really effective. We were told that HTI was a test mule that had only been evaluated by various military demos up until that point. Four days of shooting the .338 model SRS at high angles in the snow was pretty cool too.

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole, Editor
SIP Division, InterMedia Outdoors

meh, not enough snow on the ground for real training
grin.gif

Yeah, the snow was definitely off and on. We had whiteouts at some points. There was good snow on one of Jacob's exercises where he had us climbing a mountain and engaging targets 300-700 yards from high angles across a canyon. It was a good test of applying fundamentals while assuming unusual positions and engaging multiple targets at unknown distances. I learned to appreciate the combination of the .338, the Vectronix laser rangefinder, ATrag software in a PDA, the Horus H58 and good snivel gear. Jacob certainly put on some good training. I hope to enroll in a RiflesOnly course soon.

Eric

Any of you who had the chance to shoot with Jacob were fortunate indeed. He is a great person and teacher. If you get the opportunity to go to Rifles Only, I suggest you do.

Thanks, great read. I would love to do that.

Looking good Jacob!! I got alot of great feedback from numerous people that were there. Wish i could have made it!!

For the lucky writers that got to go they got alot of top notch gear, equipment, and training from a long list of great companies!!

Impact Data Books was happy to help out in this training event.

That was some beautiful country for shooting!