• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE 700, they do exist

TireMan

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2013
Clovis, CA
Received today. Initially was planning on selling upon arrival...however I was able to make a deal last week with BigJimFish on his USO LR17 and decided to order a BAT TA from Jamie to complete a 6.5x47 I've wanted.

Wait time, perhaps much shorter than most and longer than some; I'd rather not say. However, I will say, regardless of how quick or long the process was, it was most definitely ambiguous from start to finish.

Fit and finish are excellent. Weight 6.5lbs. Considering the price, I think long term durability and post sale customer service need to account for a large portion of a product review.

TBD

vyjugugu.jpg

6y5a8aqy.jpg

e3eby5um.jpg

be8ydaqa.jpg

ynyhuzed.jpg

I owned a gen 3 for the m14 and I also thought it was built well. If I were you, I wouldnt sell it right now. Have fun with it for a while. I doubt anyone else is recieving any in the near future so you should be able to sell it for what you paid for it in a year or so. Congratulations on winning the jae lottery.

CDN's lucked out in a recent dealing. Their CDN distributor cut ties and the existing order was fulfilled to end said relationship.

My buddy received his fully loaded JAE in 1.5 months.

I have yet to see it but soon will be able to compare it side by side with my KRG W3

The stock you have looks great. I'd keep it knowing you have something unique and quality built (or so it appears).

Damn shame. (JAE)

They have something real good, from all outward appearances, and it's being squandered IMO.

I looked at one hard, when buying and trying out different stocks. But that wait time.... It's insane.

To clarify, I have no intentions on selling.

To respond to Tall Shot,

I completely agree, JAE has a great opportunity that they are not taking advantage of. I predict they will change their market presence by increasing prices to reduce demand to a level that is comparable with production.

To me, its not the wait time, its the ambiguity. When you order a stock from McMillan, you can expect the wait time to be within two weeks of their estimation. If the wait time is 4 years, so be it, at least you know what you are getting into.

No product, with the exception of Larue apparently, can thrive with 1,2+ year wait times.

But I am awaiting a review of how the stock performs for you. What action/cal are you putting into it?

Recently received mine after a long wait as well. The fit and finish is unlike any stock I've ever owned. It's truly a work of art.

I was initially pretty unhappy with the wait but then after some time just decided to forget about it.

Then one day I got a call that it was ready.

When I opened that box and saw the quality of the work that went into it, any misgivings went straight out the door.

It was worth the wait.

Any hints on what the wait was? I've been looking at these but I'm hesitant because of that factor.

I owned a gen 3 for the m14 and I also thought it was built well. If I were you, I wouldnt sell it right now. Have fun with it for a while. I doubt anyone else is recieving any in the near future so you should be able to sell it for what you paid for it in a year or so. Congratulations on winning the jae lottery.

Do you know something in regards to their future ability to deliver product or are you only referencing their past performance in regards to delivering product?

Recently received mine after a long wait as well. The fit and finish is unlike any stock I've ever owned. It's truly a work of art.

I was initially pretty unhappy with the wait but then after some time just decided to forget about it.

Then one day I got a call that it was ready.

When I opened that box and saw the quality of the work that went into it, any misgivings went straight out the door.

It was worth the wait.

Dave,

I hear you. I was kind of in the same boat, and felt the same way. I was in the first 20 700 SA stock orders and waiting a loooonnnnnngggggg time. But in the end, when you open the box and bolt it to an action, you realize...yeah, it was worth the wait. If it was my only rifle, then it would have been a non-starter. This was a secondary rifle, that was used, but was also in the category of "it can sit in the rack until the stock shows up" and wasn't absolutely needed for everyday shooting etc.

That being said, again, it was worth it. There aren't a lot of them, and yes, the wait is long. But...they are VERY nice stocks. (IMHO)

Just curious, but why the long wait? Is this a one man operation? When you say Loooong, what is that? Over a year? 1.5 years?

TallShot: 6.5x47 Lapua, BAT tactical action (30-60 days according to Jamie), USO arrives Friday. I should be shooting by mid summer, and I'm looking forward to it.

Flying Goose: the key function is, everyday of your wait you will never know when it's truly arriving. By the time it's supposed to ship, you won't even believe it's happening. I expedited my order by keeping regular contact via phone and email. In the end, I made a few concessions on the specs to get it shipped. If I were to do it again, I would offer to order without deposit.

Dead silence: there are still people who have been waiting 4 years. This information is accurate as of yesterday. There are RUMORS, that they are up to speed and delivering within 1 year. There are people who have received stocks in less than a year, cases evidenced in the last six months. I would concur with the above statement that these irregularities make it feel like a lottery.

The wait was stupidly long... wait was measured in years, not months. I considered canceling many times.

I owned a JAE 100 Gen 2 and the only reason I waited was because I knew the quality level the JAE 700 "could be". They changed everything I didn't like about their JAE 100 Gen 2.

It was worth the wait... really.

It is apparent during my inspection of my new stock that whoever made it is a perfectionist to a fault, which probably explains the wait time. The fit and finish is beyond that of any stock I've ever seen.

From what I know, they moved into a new larger space and hired more folks. I speculate that the JAE 700 was still being perfected when people initially ordered it. Whatever the case may be, Lisa Allen is an awesome and kind person.

If you want one, it's going to be a wait... i don't think we're talking years but it isn't coming next month. I do think you will be pleased though.

On a side note... i do believe they give priority to LEO and Military but not certain about that one.

To HK's point...people order these stocks based on listed features and internet pictures.
After one day of handling one, I understand why people who have them, use them.
It's hard to find flaws

Do you know something in regards to their future ability to deliver product or are you only referencing their past performance in regards to delivering product?

Their track record has not changed. LE, active military, and builders all get theirs first, weather you ordered yours before them or not. This has been discussed and hashed out for years now on m14 forum. Their stocks are flaweless and worth what you pay for it. As far as 700 stocks are concearned, I would guess JAE is probably the nicest but heavy. However, there is too many other awesome stocks out there that are available and ready to ship or have a 7 week or less wait time. If the wait time was two months guaranteed, hell yeah I would order one in a heartbeat.

Just don't believe what Lisa tells you.

I ordered mine almost a year ago. Lisa talked me into getting the "Buy it Now" option. She promised me that by paying in full for a loaded stock, she was 100% certain I would have it in a few months. My card was charged the full price almost immediately. Then, 4 months later when I called, I was told that I would definitely receive it before Christmas. Guess what, still waiting, don't get calls returned, inquiries deleted from facebook page, emails not returned. I have not been rude or confrontational with them at all. I don't care how cool the stock is at this point, with customer service like this, I will NEVER order from them again. Manners will get all of my business.

There is some nice workmanship in their stock, it just to bad there is such a wait. Is it demand or just limited production capabilities?

Finally received my stock. Buy it now option with immediate payment in full took a year.

Its not the wait that made me mad; it is the excuses, lies, and bad customer service you receive once they have your money.

While not the R700 stock, I just received my Gen 3 M1A stock last week... 31 months after ordering it. I was initially quoted about 6-9 months.

Like all JAE stocks the construction quality borders on OCD perfection... fit & finish is fantastic, every machined part that can have it is skeletonized or pocketed to save weight-- even on the internal parts you can't see.

However, their quoted wait times are nowhere near realistic. If you're quoted a lead time you might want to triple that and you *might* start getting close to a realistic shipping date.

The quality & feel of the finished product eases some of the pain of the prolonged waiting period... if they could crank them out at a faster pace there would be a lot more happy customers out there.

Last edited: