• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

JAE 700 thinking of build

striperri

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2012
ri
thinking of build in 300wsm will the alpha mags fit?

remington 700 not sure which model yet 300ws
Jae 700
bartlein barrel
thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

I got my JAE700 the other week, and as Adam said, they aren't light. The AICS it replaced weighed around 5lbs, and I'd say the JAE is another .5-1lb on top of that.

I wouldn't recommend one for a hunting rig.

weight isnt an issue if your not planning on spot and stalk style hunting. put a large caliber on this stock get a drag back hump up a few hills get comfortable wait for the sun to come up and start glassing. if you have the right set up and it sounds like you have a good plan than anything you find in binos can be bagged with teh right equipement and knowlege with skill. its a great stock i have one and want another. its not noticeably heavier than a aics and it looks cooler and imo functions better. more ergo. good luck

I wouldn't see why Alpha mags wouldn't work. The JAE-700 has an adjustable mag well (pretty ingenious actually IMHO), so you should be fine. Give Lisa a call or drop an e-mail, she'd be the definitive answer....

And yes they weigh a ton, but well worth it (if you're not planning on a run & gun use case) for the fit and finish it provides.