• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JAE Experts

There were a few changes over the years..... post a picture, it will help.

Not a lot of material differences, mainly shaving off a few ounces, addition of the nose art, Arca rails, bag rider etc, rails..... functionally they remained the same.

There were a few changes over the years..... post a picture, it will help.

Not a lot of material differences, mainly shaving off a few ounces, addition of the nose art, Arca rails, bag rider etc, rails..... functionally they remained the same.

Gen 1 is pretty easy to tell from the rest, the most obvious is the integrated side rail was introduced in Gen 2 - Gen 1 just has a depression where the rail would eventually go.

Other than that, the iterations between gens are pretty subtle, at least to my knowledge. All the accessories developed for the JAE chassis can be used on any generation.

I think Lisa is still pretty active on JAE's FB page, she would be the first person I would ask to get any specific details.

Gen 1 is pretty easy to tell from the rest, the most obvious is the integrated side rail was introduced in Gen 2 - Gen 1 just has a depression where the rail would eventually go.

Other than that, the iterations between gens are pretty subtle, at least to my knowledge. All the accessories developed for the JAE chassis can be used on any generation.

I think Lisa is still pretty active on JAE's FB page, she would be the first person I would ask to get any specific details.
I sort of remember Lisa saying that they really didn't do "gens" per se but released changes incrementally as they were developed.

Another thing to look at is the "A" or "B" on the action seating cage (not sure what to call it...its the part that changes with different inlets, i.e. 700, Tika, and M1 maybe??) with the BA removed. Looking down on it from above, it will be marked at the rear of the cage.

And no, I have zero idea what the differences are between A and B...maybe with the mag adjustments?

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
Are they not serialized any more? I could have sworn my early Gen 1 JAE had a serial number...

Side rails were definitely an option on launch JAE700s. Here is my order form from May 2011.

1715892364135.png

Here's the prototype order form (don't ask me how I managed to keep all these years). Notice that they originally came with their own magazines.

BILLING INFORMATIONSHIPPING INFORMATION
Agency/Company:Agency/Company:
Name:Name:
Street Address:Street Address:
City, State, Zip:City, State, Zip:
Phone:Phone:
Fax:Fax:
E-mail:E-mail:
Available Colors: Swat Black (SB), Titanium Grey (TG), Lowlite Green (LG), Olive Drab (OD), Dark Earth (DE), Coyote Brown (CB), Grit Tan (GT)
STOCK AND OPTIONS FOR JAE-700 RSA
STOCKMSRPCIRCLE COLORSQTYTOTAL $
Precision Stock (Fits Remington 700 SA™) CIRCLE STOCK COLOR
Rifle Year/Make/Model______________________________
$699.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
Choose GRIP Color$0.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
JAE PROPRIETARY MAGAZINESMSRPENTER QUANTITYQTYTOTAL $
Magazine-5 round (1 is included with stock)$99.00
Magazine-10 round$129.00
CHEEK RESTMSRPCIRCLE COLORSQTYTOTAL $
Adjustable Cheek Rest w/Spacers CIRCLE COLOR$79.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
Adjustable Cheek Rest w/Thumbwheel CIRCLE COLOR
Must be ordered with Stock-Can NOT be added later
$149.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
RAILS & ADAPTERSMSRPCIRCLE SIDEQTYTOTAL $
Bottom 1913 Picatinny Rail (6") (Hard Anodized)$49.00
Bottom 1913 Picatinny Rail (9") (Hard Anodized)$69.00
Off Hand Rest w/Integral 1913 Picatinny (Hard Anodized)
Installs below butt for off shooting hand and monopod attachment
$49.00
Side Rail Assembly (Hard Anodized)
Includes [2] Rail Adaptors, [2] 4" 1913 Picatinny's, & Installation
$199.00
Flush Cups (Set of 2) CIRCLE SIDE FOR INSTALLATION
Used to attach quick release swivel for sling attachment
$24.00Left SideRight Side
Push Button HD Swivels (Set of 2)(Manganese Phosphate)
Use with Flush Cups-Mfg by Grovtec
$35.00Left SideRight Side
Bipod Adaptor w/Swivel Stud (Manganese Phosphate)
Installs on bottom rail to attach Harris style bipods
$12.00
BUTT ASSEMBLYMSRPCIRCLE COLORSQTYTOTAL $
Butt Pad CIRCLE COLOR
Installs into Butt Adaptor or Butt Spacers and reduces recoil
$49.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
Butt Spacer (Hard Anodized)
1/4" Thick Each
$13.00
Butt Single Point Sling Plate (Manganese Phosphate)
Installs between the Butt Adaptor and Butt Pad
$19.00
OTHER OPTIONSMSRPCIRCLE COLORS AND WRITE TEXTQTYTOTAL $
Adjustable Palm Rest w/Spacers CIRCLE COLOR
Installs on bottom of grip for hand support
$39.00SBTGLGODDECBGT
Personalization CIRCLE LOCATION AND WRITE TEXT
Price is per location-EXAMPLE Flushmount Rail "CUSTOM BUILT FOR GARY JONES 2007"
$35.00Flushmount RailText:____________________________________________________Cheek RestText:_______________________________
TOTAL
SHIPPING RATES:
Within 48 States:$20.00 per Stock and $10.00 per shipment of Options that are not shipped with stock/Alaska & Hawaii $40.00 per Stock and $15.00 per total shipments of Options
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS-SALES TAX ADDED

Reactions: kthomas
Side rails were definitely an option on launch JAE700s. Here is my order form from May 2011.

View attachment 8419652

Oh cool, I didn't realize the side rails were an option with gen 1.

I think gen 2 and forward, the side rails were included, not optional. So if a JAE has a depression where the side rails is, I think that makes it a gen 1.

Unless I'm wrong on that as well...

Oh cool, I didn't realize the side rails were an option with gen 1.

I think gen 2 and forward, the side rails were included, not optional. So if a JAE has a depression where the side rails is, I think that makes it a gen 1.

Unless I'm wrong on that as well...
The Gen 1's had a plate over the missing side rails (if not ordered).

Well that helps rule it out as a gen 1 since mine is multi cam. According to this that wasn’t an option.
Idk if JA ever offered a multi-cam version. Altus was selling chassis already painted in a few different patterns. I believe @Short-bus was doing the paint jobs, maybe he will chime in.

Last edited:
I can't believe that they don't offer a chassis for the Surgeon 1581 anymore.

Yes, I do the boujie paint for Altus, and back before the MDT purchase of JAE I did several hundred camos for JAE for several years. I've done several camo's on the latest generation of JAE's that MDT is making, and they have been sold through Altus. The removable panels make it cheaper, and easier, to paint 'em.

As far as telling what generation they are, aside from the latest, I couldn't really tell ya.

Branden