• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE G4 vs Manners TCS

Lamb

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Hi guys at the moment i am running a magpul pro 700 chassis for my terminus zeus. Finding it hard to get comfortable and am thinking of changing it up.

Looking at either the JAE G4 or Manners TCS. Will be doing PRS events here in Australia. I am 6ft slim build with 'Medium large' glove size.

Does anyone have experience with either of these stocks/chassis? What are the weight differences? I have a 26" M24 contoured barrel so something that balances nicely without adding extra weight would be great.

Thanks guys

I have own 3 different TCS stocks in my time and they’re awesome. I was running a terminus with a proof comp contour barrel and the balance was perfect don’t think you’ll have an issue with a MTU. Probably one of the best stocks to get comfortable behind and the recoil absorbing capabilities are also great. I have been looking at the JAE myself for a while but still haven’t gotten my hands on one.

Id probably recommend the TCS, I don’t have personal experience with that stock but I’m running multiple PRS1 with 24” and 26” M24 depending on caliber for centerfire and one for rimfire with a straight 1.20”. It balances roughly 4” inches in front of the magazine, the recoil impulse is pretty dead/smooth thanks to the fill and it does all that without any extra weight.

Reactions: Lamb and Islas82
Hi guys at the moment i am running a magpul pro 700 chassis for my terminus zeus. Finding it hard to get comfortable and am thinking of changing it up.

Looking at either the JAE G4 or Manners TCS. Will be doing PRS events here in Australia. I am 6ft slim build with 'Medium large' glove size.

Does anyone have experience with either of these stocks/chassis? What are the weight differences? I have a 26" M24 contoured barrel so something that balances nicely without adding extra weight would be great.

Thanks guys

MDT (JAE) likes to sell you the core of what you need, and then nickel and dime you for everything it takes to make it what you needed it to be in the first place. When the Manners shows up at your door, it shouldn't need much of anything extra at all, and with the Manners mini-chassis, you're still getting something easy to use. My vote is Manners

MDT (JAE) likes to sell you the core of what you need, and then nickel and dime you for everything it takes to make it what you needed it to be in the first place. When the Manners shows up at your door, it shouldn't need much of anything extra at all, and with the Manners mini-chassis, you're still getting something easy to use. My vote is Manners
True, you’re looking at right around $2100 usd for the chassis plus the arca rail designed for it compared to $1675 usd for a fully loaded TCS

Reactions: Islas82
Definitely a vote for the Manners! I have 3 TCS stocks now and wouldn't mind another one. They are excellent and easy to adjust to get a perfect fit. I have my 28" M24 barrel in one and it balances perfectly. I think you would really like it.

Reactions: King_beardsly
JAE's are awesome.

Extremely comfortable and well designed chassis. You won't find a more comfortable chassis/stock.

Manners are pretty decent, but IMO there's nothing about them that I find exciting. The grips/palm swells on Manners don't agree with me either.

Honestly, it's a pretty subjective pick. Some will prefer Manners, others will prefer JAE. Your body may prefer one option over the other, of which we won't be able to tell you.

Apart from the arca rail, what else do you need on the JAE? Genuinely curious as someone who has both.

Just FYI too, both these options are about the same price over here.

Reactions: Lamb
I have several Manners. I’ve wanted a JAE since way before the original company folded. Seems like I see more of them in the SE. I shoot swept grip ARs all the time. But behind a powerful scope something about a vert (can) grip feels right.

For $2k I should be able to pick a color other than blk or FDE.

I run a couple of OG JAE’s and like them very much. I’m not a big guy and can barely palm a tennis ball (haha) so I worked a bit with MKM to develop a more vertical grip that’s closer to the trigger shoe. The MDT on has a more vertical grip option now (but not as vertical or close as the MKM one).

My issue with Manners is grip front strap to trigger shoe distance. They are apparently designed for people who can palm a basketball. Lol

Here in aus the TCS and JAE are around the same price.. The main thing i am worried about is the balance with JAE. Is the rear very heavy? I would like the lightest possible package that balances on a bag. Are the Manners PRS grips closer to the trigger than the TCS? ATM i have a flat shoe 2 stage diamond so dont want to have to reach for the trigger (i also can't palm a basketball haha)

Reactions: Baron23
Here in aus the TCS and JAE are around the same price.. The main thing i am worried about is the balance with JAE. Is the rear very heavy? I would like the lightest possible package that balances on a bag. Are the Manners PRS grips closer to the trigger than the TCS? ATM i have a flat shoe 2 stage diamond so dont want to have to reach for the trigger (i also can't palm a basketball haha)

Balances just fine.

IMG_20180528_112032.jpg

You'll be able to get a closer grip to trigger distance with the JAE and the vertical grip option. IMO, that's going to be the largest difference.

You'll be able to tune the manners a little better with the weights, but neither are extremely tunable compared to say an MDT ACC Elite or XLR Envy Pro or Matrix Matrix Pro.Also, neither has much "meat" on the side of railed to grab or options for mirage shield/forearm rail to use to grip.

IMO, the grip is the more deciding factor.

I’ve got decent size hands like xl glove realm, and with the flat diamonds on both of mine I feel the trigger reach is a little short for me but I’ve adapted to it.

Just my opinion, but get the Manners.

It sounds like you're on the smaller stature size, and the JAE can be a heavy chassis.

Don't get me wrong, the JAE is a comfortable, well designed chassis. But for PRS, where you might be lugging it around for two day comps, the Manners would be easier on you.

Again, JME, where the JAE excels is belly shooting. If you're on your belly, nothing is more comfortable (to me anyways) than a JAE. You can fall asleep behind one, wake up, and still be centered on the scope.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, since I have one of the early JAE700's (#14 or #17 IIRC), and they weighed more than the newer ones. Waited over 4 years on it, after putting down a deposit.

Lisa and Jeff (original owners) did the design right, and pioneered a lot of interesting innovations (adjustable mag well to name just one of them), but ultimately had to shut down due to a family crisis. Fortunately, MDT approached them afterwards to buy the IP and tooling to keep it going.

ETA: Oh, but if I were to pick one I was going to beat someone to death with, it'd be the JAE every time. They're built like tanks; literally. They'll probably still be floating around in 100 years, they're built so solidly.

Last edited:
If you are ordering the Manners TCS and worried about the distance from grip to trigger you can tell them and they can set it back around 1/2" which is more than enough for even small hands and a flat trigger. I have normal size hands and have no issues with the TCS and curved triggers, which I prefer, so moving the mini chassis back should fit anyone even with a flat trigger. The difference is only maybe 1/8" between the two trigger shoes.

Hey mate, where in Aus are you? I’m SEQ - if you’re nearby come play with all the random chassis I have here and see what you like (TCS, JAE G4, Matrix Pro, C4, ACC Elite, Xylo, etc).

Hey mate, where in Aus are you? I’m SEQ - if you’re nearby come play with all the random chassis I have here and see what you like (TCS, JAE G4, Matrix Pro, C4, ACC Elite, Xylo, etc).
This right here is a damned solid offering. Chassis are personal taste driven, and Hennig is doing the OP a solid by offering. Kudos to Henning for this.

Reactions: Hennig
If you are ordering the Manners TCS and worried about the distance from grip to trigger you can tell them and they can set it back around 1/2" which is more than enough for even small hands and a flat trigger. I have normal size hands and have no issues with the TCS and curved triggers, which I prefer, so moving the mini chassis back should fit anyone even with a flat trigger. The difference is only maybe 1/8" between the two trigger shoes.

The palm swells makes a difference to.

Personally I just don't get along with Manners, but I have small hands.

The palm swells makes a difference to.

Personally I just don't get along with Manners, but I have small hands.
It won't if they order it with the mini chassis back some.

We have had them with the chassis moved back. Many shooters will still need to be up on their fingers a bit if they want an actual 90deg trigger bend at the first knuckle.

It's similar to a Foundation Centurion. There's still some shooters who need a closer grip.

Of course the chassis moved to the rear will help many......but not all. The TCS is a great product. But like most things, there's still going to be a fair amount of shooters it doesn't work for. Just making sure the info is out there.

Reactions: Baron23 and Hennig
I do agree with @MarinePMI. The JAE is just about the perfect prone/bench chassis for "tactical" (read that non F class or BR) shooting.

It's serviceable for PRS, but no ideal. Though, IMO, the TCS isn't as ideal as a full chassis type system. And I think the wider forend of Foundations make them better for PRS as well. But the TCS is definitely the best fiberglass option.

We have had them with the chassis moved back. Many shooters will still need to be up on their fingers a bit if they want an actual 90deg trigger bend at the first knuckle.

It's similar to a Foundation Centurion. There's still some shooters who need a closer grip.

Of course the chassis moved to the rear will help many......but not all. The TCS is a great product. But like most things, there's still going to be a fair amount of shooters it doesn't work for. Just making sure the info is out there.

They would have to have hands like a 10 year old if the chassis set back won’t work. Lol

Wow thats super generous mate I am also in SEQ and will send you a PM. Bloody love this community!!

The Manners TCS will balance well with a bunch of barrel contours and lengths. Here is a 22" Vudoo with the "MTU" barrel which is closer to a M40, a 26" Proof Comp contour and a 28" M40.

IMG_3247.jpg
PCFN5249.JPG
IMG_2369.jpg

Reactions: Lamb and MarinePMI