• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jagemann Rifle Brass, Any good?

kgoltz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2019
I see that Jagemann is making 338 Norma brass, just wondering if anyone is using their rifle brass and how you like it? Also if you are using it what would you compare it too? Lapua, Norma or Hornady Brass??

I am running it in 308. It is pretty good so far. I'm hitting it pretty hard and have about 4 firings so far. Majority has been 178 eld match with 45gr of IMR4064, at an average of 2712fps 9sd, es 21. I am working up a new load for 175 nosler custom comps. Loaded up to 46 grains with some serioust crunchiness. I went in .2gr increments, so I dont blow myself up before I see pressure. But so far, no pressure signs up to 45.4 gr with the 178 eldms

No problems with loose pockets or anything yet. The primer pockets were pretty clean and not really any burs to speak of as I recall, same with the flash holes. Its good quality stuff. For my 308, comparable volume wise to Winchester brass. But seems to hold up better with less stretch than the Winchester brass. It's not lapua brass, but it's not the crappiest either.

Last edited:
I am running it in 308. It is pretty good so far. I'm hitting it pretty hard and have about 4 firings so far. Majority has been 178 eld match with 45gr of IMR4064, at an average of 2712fps 9sd, es 21. I am working up a new load for 175 bowler custom comps. Loaded up to 46 grains with some serioust crunchiness. I went in .2gr increments, so I dont blow myself up before I see pressure. But so far, no pressure signs up to 45.4 gr with the 178 eldms

No problems with loose pockets or anything yet. The primer pockets were pretty clean and not really any burs to speak of as I recall, same with the flash holes. Its good quality stuff. For my 308, comparable volume wise to Winchester brass. But seems to hold up better with less stretch than the Winchester brass. It's not lapua brass, but it's not the crappiest either.
Thanks for the info!!

I'm not sure how well this will show up, but here are a couple random cases I pulled from my bag when I first got these a few months back.

I got mine off Natchez I think. I only wish they came in larger lots than 50 round bags. Or maybe that's all they had left. I ordered 200.

20190218_115230.jpg
20190218_115222.jpg

Last edited:
I have some of their 223, 5.56, 22-250 and 6.5creed I’m going to be working with at the end of this summer. By all accounts so far it seems pretty good.

I’ll agree on the larger bag size than 50. Should be 100.

Reactions: 1J04
I was gifted a few Bags from @White_Shark to try out and do a review. I'm still waiting on my Stock for one gun, and still not yet set up to get my reloading room running from the move. Honestly haven't heard anything negative about it. Looking forward to doing the review.

I handle quality control at Jagemann and would be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our brass.
Just curious where your brass comes in on weight and hardness compared to other brands, mostly Hornady and Norma since that seems to be the only 2 companies making brass for the 338 NM?

I don't currently have any Hornady or Norma samples to compare to, but our weights are averaging around 313 grains on the 338 Norma. As far as hardness, I can't really share that data, but we generally run on the high side for head/primer pocket and case wall hardness when compared to other brands, with mouth hardness probably being pretty close as that is controlled by the neck anneal process.

Reactions: Geno C.
I don't currently have any Hornady or Norma samples to compare to, but our weights are averaging around 313 grains on the 338 Norma. As far as hardness, I can't really share that data, but we generally run on the high side for head/primer pocket and case wall hardness when compared to other brands, with mouth hardness probably being pretty close as that is controlled by the neck anneal process.
Thanks for the info! Now the magic question is where do I buy some, Natchez doesn't show it on their site and doesn't appear I can purchase direct on Jagemann's site. Any incite would be great.

Reactions: Geno C.
I handle quality control at Jagemann and would be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our brass.
Hi
Read a report on how good your brass was so have ordered 3 batches so far in the .223. I am from Perth Western Australia.

The article I read said he hadn't had to resize, reneck or clean the primer pockets. That bit worries me a little. I am now using ADI Benchmark 8202 which over your way I think is IMR 8208 XBR. Appreciate any comments you have on reloading your brass. The initial two lots I purchased online but talked to my local Gunshop about the comments I had read about your brass and they are getting some in for me and general sale.
regards
Nev

Hi
Read a report on how good your brass was so have ordered 3 batches so far in the .223. I am from Perth Western Australia.

The article I read said he hadn't had to resize, reneck or clean the primer pockets. That bit worries me a little. I am now using ADI Benchmark 8202 which over your way I think is IMR 8208 XBR. Appreciate any comments you have on reloading your brass. The initial two lots I purchased online but talked to my local Gunshop about the comments I had read about your brass and they are getting some in for me and general sale.
regards
Nev

I hit mine pretty hard in 308. Its pretty good stuff, no complaints from me. The only ones of the original 200 I've lost are either my fault (blew a few primers) or stuck one in a die. Its good stuff.

I full length size mine every time and anneal every time. The brass is good and thick. It feels more "anericanized" so it feels harder to me than lapua cases, but that might be in my own head. The primer pockets are all good, the flash holes in mine were pretty clean and uniform. I still hit em with the flash hole deburing tool, but probably didn't need to.

I’m pounding in my 22-250 formed into ackely brass pretty hard and it’s holding up well.

My 5.56 brass is almost identical weight to lapua gold box. The 223 is a bit lighter

As far as resizing, our mouth diameters should be just fine to load out of the bag, but I can't account for how much they may get beat up in transit, especially to Australia. We pack our crates for our Australian distributor pretty well, but anything can happen and with the mouth being the softest part, they are prone to minor denting and ending up out of round. When I load our brass for precision I'll just run a expander ball just into the mouth to round them out without fully resizing and then deburr. When loading for high volume plinking with cannelured FMJs I just do the expander and don't bother with the deburr.

I have shot and reloaded some of your brass 3 times now (unfortunately twice and three times got mixed up). Have measured every cases and they go from 44. 5 to 44.6 - which is brilliant. I had one case reading 44.8 then realised it was a foreigner wasn't JAG brass. My .223 loads have been mild at 23.1 but going to bump up to 24 to 24.1 to try and get a bit more consistency using Sierra GameKing 55gr SBT projectiles. Having reloaded some of this brass three times albeit at mild loads with very little difference in lengths I think volumes of the quality of the Jag brass.