• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jamison charged with illegal ammo sales.

Re: Jamison charged with illegal ammo sales.

So...they didn't follow ITAR rules?

And THIS is why I would not ship Vector 21's to NZ. DoS has no sense of humor at all about this stuff. .505 Gibbs, a DEFENSE ARTICLE? Sigh.

These export laws can have the reverse effect.

If other countries can not get components from the USA for sporting good such as brass cases, then it creates a market in those countries.
This leads to an abundance of component manufacturers World wide.
If it were not for the dificulty in obtaining brass etc, from the USA then we would not now have such high quality brass available and made locally in Australia.

Holy Crap! I wonder what happened/is going to happen to the Canadians and the Kiwi?

Manufacturers come on down to kIWI land and set up business and export every where in the world with noooooo problems .It is incredible to me the State department cannot decipher betwwen the good guys and the bad guys to export to and keep US manufactures pumping .I bet the export order was to a Kiwi on the Hide !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manufacturers come on down to kIWI land and set up business and export every where in the world with noooooo problems .It is incredible to me the State department cannot decipher betwwen the good guys and the bad guys to export to and keep US manufactures pumping .I bet the export order was to a Kiwi on the Hide !</div></div>

I agree,
B-F-D, i can't believe they are making such a big deal about cartridge cases and some bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manufacturers come on down to kIWI land and set up business and export every where in the world with noooooo problems .It is incredible to me the State department cannot decipher betwwen the good guys and the bad guys to export to and keep US manufactures pumping . </div></div>

once again Ch'e, I have to agree with you.

It's not a question of good guys or bad guys, it's paying the fees and jumping through hoops, which justify the existance of the morons that run the asylum. And they wonder why the economy and job market is the way it is. If you ask me, we are just about 50 years past due to start over.

With 11% exsize tax and 16% export fees and then $2500 yearly licenses fees, Now you can see why prices on American goods overseas are so high and many countries wont do business with us. You can import forgien goods for almost nothing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not a question of good guys or bad guys, it's paying the fees and jumping through hoops, which justify the existance of the morons that run the asylum. And they wonder why the economy and job market is the way it is. If you ask me, we are just about 50 years past due to start over. </div></div>

+1 You are not far from the truth.

I know of a gunshop here in Canada that WAS waiting for a shipment of PMC ammo.There was some eagerly awaited 50 ammo in the container,also PMC.Not US surplus in anyway.
The ship docked in the state's to drop off other container's from a seperate order.The US gov't,I don't know what branch,SIEZED all the 50 ammo because once 50 ammo enter's US territory it is not allowed to be exported.
HUGE legal battle.The US gov't just turned their nose up and said "so? what ya gonna do about it? we have all the money to fight you in court forever."
Same thing has happened to container's of AR/AK/SKS accessories shipped from China to Canada via US dock to drop off other order's.
They siezed those container's from China ment for Canada.
Needless to say the container's are now routed here to Canada first before entering us territories.
Talk about a global police state/too big brother.

".416 Rigby, .303 Savage, .470 Nitro Express, .505 Gibbs and .577-.450 Martini Henry ammunition components; .305 Savage Tac Pins; .40-.82 Winchester brass cartridges; and shell casings."

oh the horror!

I'm thinking that this case won't hold water, but then I'm not ABSOLUTELY sure that .375 Cheytac is/isn't on the US Munitions List. Anything on USML is controlled by State, others are by Commerce.

Did Jamison send brass by Commerce approval? That, to me, is the question.

None of those are "tacticle" round's.
Sound's to me it's easier to go after someone that has proper record keeping then go after someone illegally selling gun's to Mexico.
That's your gov't for ya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sound's to me it's easier to go after someone that has proper record keeping then go after someone illegally selling gun's to Mexico.
</div></div>

They are not going to prosecute themselves.

I think the US State dept has hired the cousins of the people working for TSA....

I heard some years ago, that US State had slammed a guy who had the gall to export some WWI moon clips (full or half moon clips, cant remember) without a license....
Afterall, we all know the terrorists would love to get their hands on such military hardware...
whistle.gif

I had a choice to build a new rifle.
.408 cheytec, and the .50bmg .
Reloading costs was how I decided on the .50 cal.
The whole deal with Jamison was cooking while I was thinking about this.
I dont know if one or the other did something wrong. And I dont care. All I wanted was to know I could get brass to shoot when I wanted it. Court stuff sucks and I dont have time to wait. I want to shoot.
Will have my .50 BMG brass soon and I wont live long enough to shoot it all out. Is the .408 a better round ? Probably but I can afford to shoot the .50 right NOW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a choice to build a new rifle.
.408 cheytec, and the .50bmg .
Reloading costs was how I decided on the .50 cal.
The whole deal with Jamison was cooking while I was thinking about this.
I dont know if one or the other did something wrong. And I dont care. All I wanted was to know I could get brass to shoot when I wanted it. Court stuff sucks and I dont have time to wait. I want to shoot.
Will have my .50 BMG brass soon and I wont live long enough to shoot it all out. Is the .408 a better round ? Probably but I can afford to shoot the .50 right NOW! </div></div>

How does the 416 Barrett figure into this, would it work also?
I'm on the fence of either the 416 B or the 50BMG

Does anyone here believe that ITAR only revolves around uber tacticool equipment and projectiles? It covers almost every damn item.

In the cases where export is fairly simple almost all small to medium US companies simply can't be bothered to complete the single page DSP83 export permission request.As a result , yes, there are more and more companies makingthe goods local to where the market is.

Surgeon, Pierce, Badger to name but a few, all don't want to export. Not that they can't,..they won't do the simple paperwork!

ITAR is an ass. It stifles business both ways and does harm to the US economy for sure. Its not all a one way street and manufacturers should take every opportunity they can to expand their markets even if the initial quantities are small.

In the case in point I feel sorry for the Kiwi/Canadians involved as likely they will get sentenced in absence to a fantastically punitive amount of jail time and or money.

Consider the irony of prosecuting these guys when the same government purposely broke US law while selling full up weapons to our enemies, the drug cartels, all in a blatant attempt to undermine the Constitution.
The fox really is guarding the henhouse around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consider the irony of prosecuting these guys when the same government purposely broke US law while selling full up weapons to our enemies, the drug cartels, all in a blatant attempt to undermine the Constitution.
The fox really is guarding the henhouse around here. </div></div>

Amen to that.

Does it take a special License (like Class 3) to own a .50BMG, 408 CheyTac, 416 Barrett, ect. here in the U.S. ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it take a special License (like Class 3) to own a .50BMG, 408 CheyTac, 416 Barrett, ect. here in the U.S. ?</div></div> No, but there are some states that have restrictions on the 50 BMG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it take a special License (like Class 3) to own a .50BMG, 408 CheyTac, 416 Barrett, ect. here in the U.S. ?</div></div> No, but there are some states that have restrictions on the 50 BMG.</div></div>

No 50 BMG in CA but you can have the 50 DTC.

There are a few things about the .416 I aint sure of.
Powder & primer issues and such.
But I aint gonna lie to you, I love to shoot and hate to reload!
I can load a .50 pretty cheap for rock ammo and have some fun. I can also load up good stuff and shoot long. I'am not saying the .416 aint the best thing since shirt pockets!!!!
I'am just cheap and lazy!! ( Damn that sounds like a girl I used to know!!!). The bullet cost,and case work also didnt help.
There are guys there that tinker with loads all day.
If I get her to .5moa or better that is what I run with,Lets go shoot.
When I can get surplus .416 bullets to play with I may re barrel the .50. Till then Lets Go Shoot!
I'am not trying to say one is better than the other,Just why I went the way I did.
If you build up a .416 zuke I would like to see how it does and what the cost to shoot it runs. Still saving pennys for my .50 barrel!
Good luck and Good shooting to you Sir!