• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Japanese optics?

cvedrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
League City, Texas
Re: Japanese optics?

Deon Optics/March scopes...if you want the best and price is no object.

Deon Optical Design Corp.
3121-1 Kitadono,Minamiminowa-mura,
Kamiina-gun,Naganoken, 399-4511 Japan

PS. Is your friend going to mainland Japan? Okinawa is far away.
smile.gif

Just said Okinawa, he is contracted to S.Korea University for 4 years and plans to holiday there in a few weeks, have to check pricing, monies are objects with me but I might check out pricing anyhow, budget for now is in the sub $600, more like the sub $400 range

Is it cool to export riflescopes from japan? I know its not a rifle, but Nihon aint the USA either..just wondering if they have any restrictions on taking weapon accessories mfg'd in Japan out of the country without approval.

Last Nikon I bought was MFG in the Philippines,not Japan.

Go for the best Sightron you can afford,they are a great scope for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cvedrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions for optics manufactured in Japan?

I have a friend who will be in Okinowa in a few weeks and he might be able to get me some at reduced prices..... or not.

</div></div>

Due to the complex product distribution system within Japan, Japanese products that are available in the US, you may likely find them cheaper here. Sometimes you will them cheaper in Hong Kong assuming they are not knock offs made in HK or filtering in from Shenzhen.

"Due to the complex product distribution system within Japan, Japanese products that are available in the US, you may likely find them cheaper here. Sometimes you will them cheaper in Hong Kong assuming they are not knock offs made in HK or filtering in from Shenzhen"

+1

I did the same and found they cost a lot more. May be I did not know where to look and ended up in the tourist jip joint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have him try Orion Beer, it is brewed in Okinawa! My new Japanese favorite.
John III </div></div>

Damn finally someone who drinks Orion..I stock that stuff by the case..I especially like how they come in big bottles..And its fairly cheap.