• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jarrett Tri Lock actions?

trigger29

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
SD
Does anyone have one of these, or ever played with one? I'm wanting to build a custom, and was going to use a Stiller Predator, but I really want a 60 degree bolt throw, or bolt handle clearance with a large bolt knob. (and I'm used to a short throw with my Mark V action) Would there be any disadvantage to using this action? I would like to use a Wyatt's extended detachable magazine system, so hopefully I can make the action compatible. There is very little info on the site about them.

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/receivers.html

Re: Jarrett Tri Lock actions?

Ide like to know what they mean by "Semi-Integral Recoil Lug"
If you arent dependant on a M700 foot print and can tolerate a little extra weight theres the M2008 to look at also.

I am sure they build a nice rifle, but for $8,400 without a scope (cheapest rifle in their gun vault), I would be opting to look a bit further!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ide like to know what they mean by "Semi-Integral Recoil Lug"
If you arent dependant on a M700 foot print and can tolerate a little extra weight theres the M2008 to look at also. </div></div>

My guess is, the lug is pinned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slinky001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure they build a nice rifle, but for $8,400 without a scope (cheapest rifle in their gun vault), I would be opting to look a bit further!! </div></div>I would not have them build me a rifle. Not for their prices. I just want to use their action. Which is expensive enough, but not unreasonably so.

There are a lot of good actions out there, it is either trued or not. That is the biggest thing. Either buy a trued 700 that show up here all the time, a Badger M2008, Stiller, etc... and build your gun.

I would never overlook Savage actions either, for the money you can build an awesome rifle.

Things don't have to be ultra expensive to work.

$1498.50 Again, plenty, but I may be willing to pay it to get the short bolt throw. And isn't quite so bad if it comes with a recoil lug.

The M2008 action has several integral lugs, a 60 degree bolt lift, a long barrel tenon, a 6 lug bolt, and a beefy bolt knob for about $1000. Just sayin...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1498.50 Again, plenty, but I may be willing to pay it to get the short bolt throw. And isn't quite so bad if it comes with a recoil lug. </div></div>

That is definitely plenty, but not way, way out of line. The BAT 3 lug will cost that, the Barnard will be a little less, the Badger will be a lot less, The RPA Quadlite will be close to that. You certainly pay for the short throw bolt, no matter who makes it.

You will still need a scope mount which will cost what?

They use 2 remington front bases, so not that bad. If I want a 20 moa rail, Stiller makes one for the Predator that should fit.