• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**JC Steel Target Challenge** GAP rifle drawing!!

Re: **JC Steel Target Challenge** Feb 23rd & 24th 2013

Jake,
Some clarification......

Since AR's are allowed, but the competitor has to use the same rifle for the entire match....are the AR guys just loosing their points for the helo stage? Can they borrow another shooters bolt gun or use a second rifle for that stage only?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I were to shoot an AR rifle and a shooter with a bolt rifle offered to lend it to me for the helicopter stage would that be allowed, or do AR shooters just miss out on any possible points on the helicopter stage? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Market, only one rifle may be used by a shooter for the entire match.

So, to answer your question, no that would not be allowed. Sorry!!! </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 17pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> *****4 Spots Left +++++</span> </span> </span> </span>

<span style="font-size: 17pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #000099">Sign up Now
laugh.gif
</span> </span> </span>

If I sign up again, can I add my scores together?
smile.gif

No can do anyway, I'm poor.

Signed up. Looks like a good turn out and a fun time! Order #11.

The answer about shooting another rifle for the helo stage is going to stay the same as it has always been.

Here's the deal,

You are free to shoot a bolt rifle, or a semi auto rifle (AR) but the only rifles allowed in the helo will be bolt rifles for safety reasons and pilot wishes.

I can not sway on this sorry.

Also, each shooter is allowed only one rifle for the entire match. He or she may not borrow a rifle for the helo stage. It would not be fair to other shooters to have the advantage of more than one rifle

Use what you bring.

Thank you guys for all the support. This will be an awesome match!

So I thought I saw something about a speed limit during the registration. I haven't seen anything on here or on your website about that though?? Is there a speed limit and if so what is it?

Yep, just got word from Jake that it is in fact 3100 fps which is what I thought I remembered seeing on the registration but couldn't find mention of it anywhere else.

We are all full gents! 65 shooters!!

I am still looking for about 4 ROs for the weekend. If your interested, p,ease let me know.....

I have 3 spots saved for military or law enforment shooters, if you know someone, send them my way

Everyone will get an email within a couple weeks with more shooter related info

Ill be there for my first match. This will be interesting. Need to get on my rifle more

I am raising the speed limit of all bullets to 3150 max. I will have random checks on this. It must be at 3150 or under.

Thanks

We are VERY blessed to have an really sweet rifle to give away for the JC Steel Target Challenge Fundraiser. Here is the infomation!! Prepare to be amazed.....

Specs are as follows-

Gap 6.5 Creedmoor

Manners TF2 with a woodland camo paint Job. Folder, Atlas rail on the front, two flush cups. Adjustable cheek piece, adjustable butt plate

Defiance Rebel Action with custom JC2013 serial number, 20 MOA base

Bartlien Barrel, Bartlien's custom Thunder Ranch varmint barrel contour. Threaded with thread protector. 24 inches. 1/8.2 twist

Gap did all the barrel work, bedding and cerakote paint Job.

Timney Trigger

Badger M5 Bottom Metal

One 5 round Accurate Mag

Drawing tickets will be $100 each. Only 120 tickets will be sold. And they will go pretty fast so contact us to get a ticket for this fundraiser.

Any other vendors or sponsors that would like to throw out something else for the drawing let me know, We would love to add to the pot!!

So far we have the rifle and JC Steel Targets is going to throw a coyote target in the drawing as well.

The Drawing will occur at the 2013 JC Steel Target Challenge awards dinner Feb 24th.

Need Not be present to be awarded the rifle or extra prizes.

Like the match, proceeds are going to Jubilee Youth Ranch to help support at-risk youth programs.

Money order, check or cash only.

Again contact us to get a ticket.

Big thanks to the following companies helping put this rifle together

G. A. Precision

Manners Stocks

Defiance Machine Actions

Bartlien Barrels

Badger Ordnance

2h36l8x.jpg

2r7mqld.jpg

2rm0dqh.jpg

zsmzap.jpg

w86nbr.jpg

eklvr9.jpg

30x77z7.jpg

Jake-

Can I test fire the Raffle rifle?!? Thanks for putting this together and thanks to the sponsors!! Sounds like the prize table will be a full one! Wish Matt could be here for this match. If you need a hand with set up I can try and make it over for a day on the weekend before. I think you are about 45 minutes from my front door

-Clint

Count me in for one raffle ticket. Sent PM for payment preference & detail.

Clint!! LOL man, I will let the drawing speak to who can break in the rifle!

Oh man! Sad Face!! here is my new rig brining to your match, just getting some final touches put on...

CB8EDF56-7B12-4362-A9A7-B8D86FA07944-560-00000043B1F49A70_zps42221114.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shep77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh man! Sad Face!! here is my new rig brining to your match, just getting some final touches put on...

</div></div>

Interesting way to do dishes... Is the sink forged from AR500? Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shep77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh man! Sad Face!! here is my new rig brining to your match, just getting some final touches put on...

</div></div>

Interesting way to do dishes... Is the sink forged from AR500? Lol... </div></div>

Who knew JCSteel made kitchen sinks?!? haha

Nice Rifle Shep!

Guys, still have rifle give away tickets left, tell you mom, dad, brother, sister and all their friends!!!

Need to get this fundraiser completed!!

Thanks guys, we appreciate all the support

Re: **JC Steel Target Challenge** GAP rifle drawing!!

I'm in for a raffle ticket! I will not be able to make the match, but I hope all goes well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am still looking for about 4 ROs for the weekend. If your interested, p,ease let me know.....

</div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Car Pool Available</span> - I have an available seat in my F150 truck if anybody wants to attend with me. I've volunteered to be one of the RO's for this event. If you're interested in helping as an RO, or would like to attend as a spectator and need a ride, send me a PM.

Thanks!

Jake,
I will take a ticket (1). Funds are in the mail per your email today. Thanks again and good luck with the shoot.

Count me in for a rifle ticket.

I'll take a ticket.

I'm in for a ticket.

New sponsors page, really appreciate you guys stepping up and making this a great event.

2edpco1.jpg

If anybody is going to the match from the Tri City area, I have 3 seats available in my pickup if you would like to carpool...for free. I dont bite... (hard)

Really looking forward to this one. Is it friday yet?

Trying to 'subscribe' to this thread. Bump? Not digging the re-learning of an unbroken tool.

Hmmmm... could be interesting!

Saturday
"Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 46F. Breezy. Winds from the WSW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%."

I believe if you type in Jubilee Youth Ranch, google maps or another trip planner will get you there. Jake e-mailed out instructions, I'll see if I can find them and post them here.

FINAL ROUND COUNT IS 185!

Directions from what I would do.
Coming from Seattle,
Take I-90 east to ellensburg, Go toward Yakima over the Manastash pass on hwy 82.
Then go east on hwy 82 until you hit Tri-Cities. Continue on hwy 182 and go through the tri cities.
Just after the Columbia river bridge, take hwy 124 going North east toward Burbank, and Waitsburg.
Continue on hwy 124 until you reach the mile mark 21. Which is also Eureka North Rd.
Turn Left on Eureka North Rd, and continue roughly 6 miles until you hit a stop sign. Take a left on Sheffler.
Then take an immediate left at the Y which is Van Hollebecke Rd.
Continue down the hill and you will see Jubilee Youth Ranch.

Turn left on the gravel road BEFORE the ranch.

follow this road until you see the sign in area.

Your here!!!

Coming from Spokane
Take 195 south
Just before Colfax, take Hwy 26 going west.
Then take a left onto Hwy 127 going south.
This will meet up with Hwy 12. Take Hwy 12 west and stay on Hwy 12 west. DO not get onto Hwy 261.
You will be on Hwy 12 and pass Dayton, and then come to waistburg.
Take a left onto Hwy 124 going west.
Continue on hwy 124 until you reach the mile mark 21. Which is also Eureka North Rd.
Turn right on Eureka North Rd, and continue roughly 6 miles until you hit a stop sign. Take a left on Sheffler.
Then take an immediate left at the Y which is Van Hollebecke Rd.
Continue down the hill and you will see Jubilee Youth Ranch.

Turn left on the gravel road BEFORE the ranch.

follow this road until you see the sign in area.

Your here!!!

Some other things-

While you are here on campus, remember that this is a school. And schools have rules.
Please don't not bring any consumables that are not allowed in school zones. If you have any questions on this, just ask.
While shooting the course, you will NOT be allowed to carry a handgun of any type for any reason. This is for safety.
Please remember, this will be a very PHYSICAL challenge, Lots of hiking, Come prepared and in shape for the shoot!

Last edited:
Does anyone also have info on the area for getting a field zero?

Our zero range has targets set all the way out to 1160 yards. Its roughly 3 miles from the ranch and only open on Friday. Saturday is game time.

Hey Guys, we do have tickets left. If you would like one, please paypal to [email protected]. Please include your name in the paypal and we will mark you down. I think Saturday will be the very last day to get a ticket. Thanks for all the support!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
Jubilee Youth Ranch

Hey Jake,
I'm planning on loosing the brass from the helo, how many rounds of throwaway brass should I bring?

Our zero range has targets set all the way out to 1160 yards. Its roughly 3 miles from the ranch and only open on Friday. Saturday is game time.

What time will it be available tomorrow to use Jake? And do we need to sign-in first or can we go straight there?

Has anyone noticed the....

"... High Wind Warning in effect from 1 PM to 11 PM PST Friday...

The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a High Wind Warning... which is in effect from 1 PM to 11 PM PST Friday.

* Timing: it will be breezy Friday morning then will increase substantially after 1 PM.

* Winds: southwest to west winds at 15 to 25 mph in the morning will increase to 30 to 40 mph in the afternoon. Gusts of 55 to 65 mph can be expected during the late afternoon and evening hours.

* Impacts: travelers will experience sudden and strong wind gusts. Watch for drivers who may not be prepared for the strong winds and may swerve in another Lane. Winds of these magnitudes will cause flying debris... broken tree limbs... and fallen power lines.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A High Wind Warning is issued when sustained winds are expected to be 40 mph or greater with gusts in excess of 58 mph. These winds can easily toss around loose objects and down large tree limbs and powerlines. Those venturing outdoors should use extreme caution and be alert for flying debris. Driving may also be difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. For additional weather information... check our web site at www.Weather.Gov/Pendleton."

There is going to be some serious wind on Saturday if this holds true. Multiple weather sites are saying 20-25mph winds with gusts as high as 30-40mph. This will pretty much negate a helo stage and make shooting the long distance shots damn near impossible. Just thought everyone should keep an eye open for the changing weather.

Great Match! Jake, good on you sir for putting a challenging match!

Some of the competitors have asked how to get in contact with us at IN MOTION TARGETS. As I was ROing the moving target stage I didn't bring flyers or a pile of business cards. Here you go. www.inmotiontargets.com go to the contact link and take it from there.

Great shooting to all the competitors. I'll see some of you in 3 months.

Thanks again Jake!

Thank you Jake for an absolutely amazing match. The most challenging one I've ever competed in. It ran extremely smooth, was very fun, food was good, stages were awesome etc. I am looking forward to next year already. I also wanted to give a HUGE thank you to all of the sponsors. The prize table was amazing and these things just wouldn't happen without them. Everyone left with some great stuff.

Time to unwind, clean the rifle, and go back to work :(

Pictures are here:

http://jcsteel2013.tumblr.com

Last edited:
Thaks again for putting this on! This was a great learning experiance for my first match. I had a great squad that was very helpfull. Big thanks to the guys in squad 8

Again, thanks for putting on a great match Jake, it was a very challenging and fun match. It was great to meet some of the fine young men at the ranch and see what they are doing to improve the lives of others. Great match, great cause, great weekend all around.

Kirk R

;)AWESOME SPONSORS and OUTSTANDING SHOOT!!!!

A sincere and heartfelt thanks to Jake Vibby and crew for a truly outstanding shoot, and to the all sponsors who contributed to an unbelievable prize table.

For a first time jump into the match director's chair Jake, the results were fantastic. Things flowed pretty damn smoothly from stage to stage, the targets held up, and the challenging course of fire and wind again confirmed how many things I still have to work on! (Although I'm not sure how much more shit I can stuff into the gunslinger pack-Are pack mules allowed)? :rolleyes:

Thanks to all the RO's who donated their time to help, and froze their asses off in the process. You didn't have the luxury of hiking the loop to keep the blood circulating and had to sit in 10-20 mph winds and cool temps for most of both days.

Thanks to the helicopter pilot, who put our stomachs in our throats shortly after takeoff, and to the gentleman who briefed us and tied us into the ship so we didn't skydive out of the helicopter.

To the old friends I reaquainted with, and the new friends I met this weekend, it was great to see you/meet you, and I look forward to our next shoot together! My ass was dragging when I got back home, but the weekend was very enjoyable!

Jake, sign me up on the entry list for next year!

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a great match! I'm hoping to get to shoot it next year.

Any word yet on who won the rifle? I'm guessing not me, but thought I'd check!