• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeeez Louise. Where are all the reloading supplies and factory ammo disappearing too?

Samuel Whittemore

in memory
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2018
    Having just bought a new CZ9mm I come to find there';s like ZERO factory ammo at a decent price anymore. What the hell happened to 20 cents a round?

So I figure.. fine.. I'll just learn how to reload 9mm --can't be that much different than my 300 WM or 300 PRC.

But the freaking CCI 500 primers are POOF --gonzo!! NO WHERE in the world to be found. Cases? Good luck. Bullets? Hahaha right. Powder? --almost gone.

What I want to know is where the fuck is all this shit disappeearing too? I called a well connected friend who called a couple high-ups he knows in the military --he said, they said they weren't buying it....

SO WHO!? WHERE?

Ya gotta figure.. the staggering amount that's being bought up? Such that it leaves the entire U.S. without?
    That's a fuck of a LOT of ammo.

And how the hell do I get me some CCI500?

Reactions: 338dude
    This is nuts man. I've been reloading for about 11 years and never seen this. Online is pretty much a no go.

If I'm remembering right, you're in Los Angeles area, correct?

Yea LA.. dead center mid city, BH adjacent... used to go thru LAX ammo a lot. But even they're mostly tapped.

Retting in Culver city won't even let you buy ammo unless you buy a gun now!!! ....and then it's limited to 200 rounds of 9mm.. WTF!?

CCI 500? NONE anywhere.

Somewhere on the order of 6,000,000 new gun owners, all needed ammo (a box or two) add to that election year (did not go well for gun owners). The manufacturers all try to operate a JIT inventory system and production line, when you have a demand increase on the level of several magnitudes of order in just a few months it wipes out all your ammunition projections for the year+.... So they manufacturers ramped up/bought all the available components.... simple supply and demand curve..

Gunbroker is the only place to reliably find primers right now. Be prepared to pay 3-5x or more the normal rate.
    Somewhere on the order of 6,000,000 new gun owners, all needed ammo (a box or two) add to that election year (did not go well for gun owners). The manufacturers all try to operate a JIT inventory system and production line, when you have a demand increase on the level of several magnitudes of order in just a few months it wipes out all your ammunition projections for the year+.... So they manufacturers ramped up/bought all the available components.... simple supply and demand curve..
    Both of these. The scalpers snached it up to put on GB in mass again, and all the plandemic fear bringing in new gun owners also put a strain on things.

WHO? Who is buying it all though? It's not just citizens. not in this quantity....

Last edited:
    WHO? Who is buying it all though? It's not just citizens. not in this quantity....

And where on here can one try and trade 1000 large primers for small? Or should I just sell them on GB?
    I was trying at one point to buy an AKV from Palmetto. As quick as it would hit my cart it was out of stock, but I'd see plenty on GB for $1200 or better. I know one guy in 08s shortage he was buying up ammo everywhere on line to sell at higher prices. People got enough cash and can turn a profit they will.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    thought i read something where cci is running 24hrs a day. Where's it going if not to the military?

thought i read something where cci is running 24hrs a day. Where's it going if not to the military?

People are buying it up to have a stash, or to turn a profit. It isn't the military.

People are scared of a new Assault Weapons/anything gun related ban. They are scared after the riots, food/necessity shortages from Covid shutdowns, Biden promising gun control, no voice in government, etc.

Anyone who has read any NRA publication in the last 40 years knows why we don't want a Biden POTUS. But it looks like we are getting it.

I don't know how we are going to get thru it. But I'm pretty sure the days where you just go shoot a few boxes of ammo for fun and practicse are now like other happy memories of my youth are now over.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    Anyone who has read any NRA publication in the last 40 years knows why we don't want a Biden POTUS. But it looks like we are getting it.

I don't know how we are going to get thru it. But I'm pretty sure the days where you just go shoot a few boxes of ammo for fun and practicse are now like other happy memories of my youth are now over.

AH. Nope. Won't happen.

I'm so far in denial of that happening that even IF by some slim chance that fucktard, senile pedo does wander into the White house... I'm going to create a parallel delusional Universe I can live in where Trump is STILL the president.

Don't know quite how I'll do that but the mind? It's a POWERFUL THING. :)

Powder valley did have some powder show up the other day. Primers. Yeah. All the primers I bet are going to loaded ammo first. I am betting it will be a year before we start seeing primers in any regularity.

Thanks.. I'm looking for Hodgdon Titegroup Hodgdon Universal
    Those are the best yeah? I'll check now..

even the hunting ammo is mostly gone. it's amazing, in a bad way.

ammoseek is showing TWO different boxes of 7 rem mag available!

Look at the Glock 26 blew up thread..... Makes you think twice about tight group..... But if that's what's available I have loaded thousands with it. I really like CFE pistol.

We had shortages for clintonomics 1994 AWB
    We had shortage for Y2K in 1999
    We had shortages for obumanomics in 2009
    We have shortages for pandemic, BLM, Antifa, and Biden in 2020

So you're saying it will come back around eh? ...
    Like --provided we don't end up in a war --civil or otherwise. Ha.

CFE pistol is like nonexistent in the entire galaxy... and probably the neighboring ones too
    Someone grow a heart and sell me some hahah

Where have you been that you are just discovering this? This has been going on since March.
    People bought guns and ammo like they bought toilet paper and hand sanitizer back then.

Reactions: Tacticalsally
    Where have you been that you are just discovering this? This has been going on since March.
    People bought guns and ammo like they bought toilet paper and hand sanitizer back then.

Ha... I knew there was vast shortages of rifle ammo and reloading supplies... I stocked up well.... I never imagined there'd be shortages of 9mm!
    9mm --the most used and popular ammo ever!?

I don't shoot handguns much at all... I guess it stands to reason though it would evlove to 9mm shortages too. I just didn't 'reason' past my preferred sport LR rifle needs.

AH. Nope. Won't happen.

I'm so far in denial of that happening that even IF by some slim chance that fucktard, senile pedo does wander into the White house... I'm going to create a parallel delusional Universe I can live in where Trump is STILL the president.

Don't know quite how I'll do that but the mind? It's a POWERFUL THING. :)
    Got room for a straight family in that parallel universe?

• Haha
    Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    Ha... I knew there was vast shortages of rifle ammo and reloading supplies... I stocked up well.... I never imagined there'd be shortages of 9mm!

I don't shoot handguns much at all... I guess it stands to reason though it would evlove to 9mm shortages too. I just didn't 'reason' past my preferred sport LR rifle needs.
    9mm was the first to go!

Reactions: Bluedog82
    lol... that was funny. Of course! But I do believe we won't need it. Trump has got this. He has too. We have too... The entire world depends on it. Whatever it takes.
    I had that conviction for a long time but if President Trump has legal arguments that work why has he not used them allready?

I'm not saying President Trump is wrong in any particular, yet the electoral college has voted.....And that determine the next POTUS.

I look to history and perhaps there was a point where Stalin or Hitler could have been defeated by legal means. Only days after that point they had too much power. The power to insure that no court case could be brought against them.

It seems to me that the deep State is past this point. Why nothing from Durham probe? Nothing of consequence against Hillary. I could go on but you get the idea.

Reactions: LM56 and BLEE
    We had shortages for clintonomics 1994 AWB
    We had shortage for Y2K in 1999
    We had shortages for obumanomics in 2009
    We have shortages for pandemic, BLM, Antifa, and Biden in 2020

and lets not forget sandyhook.

N320-N330-N340 all fantastic powders in the 9mm and you can find them if you search....brass is pretty easy to find as are bullets...primers are the biggest problem but can be found.

I had that conviction for a long time but if President Trump has legal arguments that work why has he not used them allready?

I'm not saying President Trump is wrong in any particular, yet the electoral college has voted.....And that determine the next POTUS.

I look to history and perhaps there was a point where Stalin or Hitler could have been defeated by legal means. Only days after that point they had too much power. The power to insure that no court case could be brought against them.

It seems to me that the deep State is past this point. Why nothing from Durham probe? Nothing of consequence against Hillary. I could go on but you get the idea.

Easy answer --and my conviction/thinking about it... is bc in order to do what he has to do --'the depth the the drain' shall we say, he has to make sure the fraud is proven, beyond any shadow of doubts the 1/2 the country's mind that voted for him. Then.. in the words of Sidney.. It's gonna be...

BIBLICAL

I bought most of it. You snooze, you loose.
    1608136583229.png

Been waiting for CCI BR4 and Rem 7.5's. E-mail this morning from Midway where I put a notify says Remington 7.5's are discontinued and will not be stocked. Holy Shit Batman.....This seems to be getting even weirder by the day.......

Been waiting for CCI BR4 and Rem 7.5's. E-mail this morning from Midway where I put a notify says Remington 7.5's are discontinued and will not be stocked. Holy Shit Batman.....This seems to be getting even weirder by the day.......
    I got a similar Midway e-mail this morning, but for Remington 9.5s (discontinued, will not be stocked...). My thought went to the Remington bankruptcy, but I don't see how that fits anything.

Go to www.calguns.net and join the site (so you can use the messaging feature to talk to the sellers). Then go to the reloading reloading sales subforum and look for guys selling whatever you need. Because you live in LA you are going to find SPP but you just are going to pay between $90 to $125 or so for a box of 1000. Good luck.

Been finding powder pretty consistently locally. Been stocking up on my usual since itd available. Just gets annoying having to go buy 1 pound every night after work.

Primers are hit or miss. Just snagged some more shotgun primers last weekend. Walked past some large pistol.

I flat out refuse to pay $.60/round for steel cased 9mm. But it's still selling out in minutes!

I was at the local shop when they unloaded a truck. Two old dudes filled their baskets with about 6k small rifle and small pistol. There is a limit of 1k so they both called their wives and friends and held onto the primers until the others got there to buy them for them. They did the same with bricks of .22lr.

I bought my stuff eight years ago when Obama won re-election and resupply as needed. It’s not the first time this has happened. Having a good relationship with your LGS rather then the cheapest supplier can reap benefits because your supporting a local business. Though recently I called one who stated they had H4350 in but a limit of two pounds. I asked them to save it only to find when I got there 15 minutes later it was $49.00 a pound! Even if it was what the normal price was I still live 50 miles away. I just happened to be in the area after a club workday.

The EO of 2018 re: foreigner interference is still in play. 45 days after Nov 3rd the report goes to Potus. Then he can act from there with extraordinary powers to save the Republic

How long have you been a gun owner that pays attention?

"The most used and popular ammo ever" is ALWAYS the first to sell out in every panic, including the last 2 before this current one.
    9mm
    .22LR
    .223 / 5.56

Every single panic, those 4 sell out in that order usually or close to it.

If you had only heeded the wise words of someone that used to shout from the rooftops "Buy More Ammo" when there was more ammo to buy than anyone could have wanted....

Well, there are some things that come into play beyond the purchase and expense. Storage,such as can you store it safely? A climate controlled area. Use, do you load and shoot and replenish supplies before needing than. Do you rotate your supplies? No easy answers.

Hoarders and opportunist ripoff assholes are the problem. Fuck all of you.
    Tell us again how many thousands of rounds you have and how you buy every primer on the shelf that you don't need.
    Some day your stash will be depleted and you will still be an asshole.

you must have missed the post by Caesar FE ahah

Monday through Friday, old timers who are retired stand outside of every gun shop in town an hour before they open, and wait. Shop opens. They descend on the place like a swarm of geriatric locusts and buy everything. They go home, place it on the mountains of ammo/reloading supplies they have no intent on using. The rest of us who have to work all week swing by said shops on the way home from work, or on the weekends when we have a free minute. Everything is gone. All of it. Not a single damned round or reloading component left, except some goofy, odd shaped "self defense" pistol ammo nobody has ever heard of, at $87 for a 20 round box, and a dusty, returned bag of twice-fired, berdan primed 303 British from Pakistan.

Fast forward a year. SCOTUS screws us all and Biden/Harris end up in the White House. It's absolute pandemonium across the country. Patriots, aka Washington's Slayers, have been in the streets going full 1776 against ANTIFA and BLM, aka commie faggots. The good guys are running low on everything. They are quickly realizing that their few thousand round stashes from the good old days when the Emperor Trump ruled the land, don't last very long when you're peeling back Maoist muffin caps like hotcakes. Nobody has been able to get anything gun related ever since the chongers sneezed their bioweapon all over the planet. Its worse than the worst gun and ammo shortage of the Obama years. The aforementioned old timers end up passing away peacefully in their sleep. They picked a great time to check out, God rest their souls.

Their kids get their affairs in order and start digging through all their crap. Turns out their kids are all liberal tards with purple hair and enough hardware in their faces to set off a metal detector at the airport before they've even left the parking garage. All of them have matching "Feel the Bern" tattoos, a penchant for Kombucha from Whole Foods, and they all smoke American Spirits. They find the stockpile of ammo and reloading components. They gasp. "How could Grandpa have stockpiled all this evil stuff? We have to get rid of it," one says. "I always knew Grandpa was evil," the other says. "He always talked about killing japs and said they deserved a lot more than Fat Man and Little Boy. He even told me once that we should have listened to General MacArthur, whatever that means. He always said America is the greatest nation ever to grace the planet, and the Constitution is the greatest document ever written, second only to the Bible. Grandpa was everything my Genderstudies Professor warned me about!"

The libtard kids have waste management bring in a dumpster for clean up. They throw all of it in there: hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo. Hundreds of thousands of CCI BR2s, CCI 200s, Federal 215Ms, magnum, small rifle, pistol primers, you name it. Hundreds of pounds of H1000, H4350, Varget, Retumbo, RE15, IMR4064...All of it...gone. They pile on a bunch of hardwood, hand built furniture, from the turn of the 19th century, on top of all of it. "Cover it up with this shitty furniture. Clearly Grandpa wasn't a fan of fair trade either, or he would have bought all his furniture from Ikea," they say. "Now no evil Trump voter white supremecist can ever get their dirty racist hands on any of this stuff." They call waste management to pick up the dumpster. It gets hauled off to the landfill, never to be seen again. The commie scum drives off into the sunset in their Toyota Prius, powered by strawberry douche.

Anyways, I'm going to get another cup of coffee. I fully expect to be banned for this post, by the time I get back to my computer. Its been real, boys.

Last edited: