• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeeez Louise. Where are all the reloading supplies and factory ammo disappearing too?

Cute story, but it is not happening on a scale large enough to create a shortage that does not exist. Are these old men spending their SS checks to hoard ammo they don't even own guns for?
When I say a shortage does not exist I mean if we had all just purchased the same amount that we had pre covid/election panic there would be no shortage.
Our military is not in a shooting war with any one and how many of the few instances of a firefight involved a 9mm pistol? So that in itself should create a surplus.
The ammo/componet manufactures have not reduced or shut down production, but have increased to take advantage of panic buying to line their pockets with money from stupid people.
I do hope that we retain a senate majority so that joe's most perverse gun legislation will never become law. Then the supply and demand will then become normal and the hoarders and resellers will be left with their over priced goods. The times of ammo shortages have been listed here many times and every time it returns to normal. So to those who are so proud of scavaging a 1,000 primers for a $100.00 to put away in the back of the safe for a rainy day I hope you like eating them. If the primers are that precious you are not going to have a gun to use them in.

I guess, for whomever wrote that.....This is a good manifesto for how you dislike a certain group of people but it requires a huge logical leap to make any sense. Somehow, over the last three years you failed to understand sites like ammoseek.com, Targetsportsusa, powdervalley, and any one of the hundred other mail order websites. "All of a sudden" 2020 was upon us and your hardware store was out of stock? Is that what happened?
It was just a big joke, he wasn’t serious

Talking to my friends who work at Federal, what is happening is that every bit of capacity to make reloading components is being diverted to making ammo. Why would they ship out primers for a small percentage of reloaders (compared to gun owners in general) when they can put it into loaded ammo (whose demand they can't even keep up with).

The lesson here (if you didn't learn this in 2012-13) is to keep an "inventory" on hand. If people in general kept enough on hand for their shooting activities when times were easy, then we would have less of this "run on ammo" situation. I always keep 2-3 cases of 9mm, 10K primers and components, 4 cases of rimfire, and a spattering of other stuff. I maintain this when things are rosy and 9mm is $12 a box for competition ammo.

Maybe people will learn for the next time...

Gunbroker is the only place to reliably find primers right now. Be prepared to pay 3-5x or more the normal rate.

Where are you getting 3-5x on gunbroker? I can't find 1000 SRP or SPP under $190. Normal is $30 for me.

I'm picking up a case of 5k I got for $400 off of gunbroker tomorrow, and I'm driving 2 hours to get it. It took a while to find.

IMO, if you go the gunbroker route search for local pickup only. The guys shipping off of gunbroker are getting a lot more $ for their primers than the guys that won't ship because of shipping laws. Be patient or pay out the nose.

Where are you getting 3-5x on gunbroker? I can't find 1000 SRP or SPP under $190. Normal is $30 for me.

I'm picking up a case of 5k I got for $400 off of gunbroker tomorrow, and I'm driving 2 hours to get it. It took a while to find.

IMO, if you go the gunbroker route search for local pickup only. The guys shipping off of gunbroker are getting a lot more $ for their primers than the guys that won't ship because of shipping laws. Be patient or pay out the nose.

You are paying out the nose, ass and all other orifices at that price. Stop buying and throw rocks until the hoarders and resellers are sitting on their pile of gold that will turn to shit.

Reactions: Technoman
You are paying out the nose, ass and all other orifices at that price. Stop buying and throw rocks until the hoarders and resellers are sitting on their pile of gold that will turn to shit.

I'm with you. Primers were the only thing keeping me from shooting regularly though. I'm not stock piling right now. I fully intend to fire off those 5000 primers within a year, if not less. I'll stock up on 30k or so when the market corrects itself.

I'm not about to give up a year of shooting over $250 though. I usually pay 3 cents a piece, this time around I'm paying 8 cents.. I should have had a bigger stockpile when covid hit. I didn't, and now it's going to cost me an extra $250. Oh well.

Depends on where you live. Where I am in Florida there is a metric shit ton of ammo. Gun show last weekend had it stacked up. I literally just bought 5000 win primers for $150. Of course, most of us here already have our own, and have for some time. Hurricanes and all. Have to be prepared.

Reactions: EM92wx
Depends on where you live. Where I am in Florida there is a metric shit ton of ammo. Gun show last weekend had it stacked up. I literally just bought 5000 win primers for $150. Of course, most of us here already have our own, and have for some time. Hurricanes and all. Have to be prepared.
1608390235318.jpeg