• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jeff Beck, Dead @ 78

Sad to read this . Loss of a great artist, with a style all his own .

Reactions: Maggot
Here's the track he played on for Ozzy's latest album. It's pretty freakin' great for an old guy:

Reactions: BCP
From a movie called "Blowup", I don't think there is other video or film of the Yardbirds with this line up.

I vaguely recall there actually having been at least one show in that era that was referred to as "The Super Yardbirds"; Clapton, Beck and Page at the same time.

That's too bad.
I grew up blasting "Beck's Bolero" on my folks console stereo in the living room.
He sure could work a guitar. Rest in peace Jeff......

From a movie called "Blowup", I don't think there is other video or film of the Yardbirds with this line up.

I vaguely recall there actually having been at least one show in that era that was referred to as "The Super Yardbirds"; Clapton, Beck and Page at the same time.

I remember seeing Clapton with Beck early 80's?? I saw Clapton a lot...

Not this, but here is 2010:

1983: Clapton, Page & Beck:

Last edited:

I actually saw that in a movie theater. I think I was about 13, maybe.

As for Beck...I don't wish anybody ill health (and yes, with Pelosi and Hildabeast that does get difficult) so I'm sorry that this fella lost his life.

But I personally wasn't a fan of his music and was even less a fan of his arrogant attitude. Saw that in person when he opened for Santana at Wolf Trap and wouldn't lower himself to come out to play with him. He was still pissed at being the "opener" and he let the audience know it.

Beck died of bacterial meningitis, really unusual to see in this age short of something iatrogenic or head trauma. Usually known for hitting young adults in close quarters i.e. military barracks, college students (which is why they push a second jab the kids go off to college).

Supposedly this was 1966ish, there have been several other events with the three of them since then.

I was alive, but I wouldn't have been seeing them quite yet. I posted one above.

Beck & Clapton 1981:

Beck died of bacterial meningitis, really unusual to see in this age short of something iatrogenic or head trauma. Usually known for hitting young adults in close quarters i.e. military barracks, college students (which is why they push a second jab the kids go off to college).
Had been on tour with Johnny Depp two months ago. Perhaps something developed then.

I actually saw that in a movie theater. I think I was about 13, maybe.

As for Beck...I don't wish anybody ill health (and yes, with Pelosi and Hildabeast that does get difficult) so I'm sorry that this fella lost his life.

But I personally wasn't a fan of his music and was even less a fan of his arrogant attitude. Saw that in person when he opened for Santana at Wolf Trap and wouldn't lower himself to come out to play with him. He was still pissed at being the "opener" and he let the audience know it.
Ive seen a bunch of good shows at Wolf Trap, including Santana, Dylan, and Emmy Lou Harris. Bill Monroe opend for her and stole the night. He could still skip across the stage at 80.

I'll bet you've been to Merriweather Post Pavilion. Saw The Jefferson Airplane there.

RIP Jeff.

Ive seen a bunch of good shows at Wolf Trap, including Santana, Dylan, and Emmy Lou Harris. Bill Monroe opend for her and stole the night. He could still skip across the stage at 80.

I'll bet you've been to Merriweather Post Pavilion. Saw The Jefferson Airplane there.

RIP Jeff.
hahaha...yep, been to Merriweather many times way back in the day. First concert ever was there....Jimmy Hendrix touring the Are You Experienced album. I think we were 15 and Charlie Levine's mother dropped us off. Can't remember how we got home. haha

Hendrix, The Who, Moody Blues, Alman Brothers, Carol King, and I'm not sure who else.

I rather like Wolf Trap a bit better and have seen many, many concerts there.

Never got a chance to catch Airplane...and I personally think Grace Slick is one of the top three female rock singers of all time. Her, Chrissie Hynde, and Janis Joplin. Top of my list, at least!!

Take care, my friend.

Reactions: Maggot
Supposedly this was 1966ish, there have been several other events with the three of them since then.

That video made me wonder if rock and roll would have been the same with out Leo Fender and the amazing Stratoblastercaster

I saw the ARMS concert at the Forum way back when (1983) with Beck/Page/Clapton and also Joe Cocker, the Jan Hammer group, the singer from Bad Company, the drummer from the Stones....and whoever else was there.
Jeff just totally destroyed the place and made the other 2 look like beginners....even though they most definitely are not.

Here's what I consider to be his best album.....and it is not easy to find in the US.
I have it on CD and have been offered quite a bit for it.......ain't selling.

I saw the ARMS concert at the Forum way back when (1983) with Beck/Page/Clapton and also Joe Cocker, the Jan Hammer group, the singer from Bad Company, the drummer from the Stones....and whoever else was there.
Jeff just totally destroyed the place and made the other 2 look like beginners....even though they most definitely are not.

Here's what I consider to be his best album.....and it is not easy to find in the US.
I have it on CD and have been offered quite a bit for it.......ain't selling.

There are 177 copies of it on vinyl on Ebay, the lowest is $5.49 (or best offer) and free shippping. Got 5 bucks, it can be in your grubby little mitts next week. :cool:

skirball-bill-graham-jeff-beck (2).jpg
skirball-bill-graham-jeff-beck (2).jpg
RIP Jeff Beck

Bacterial meningitis is making it's way into reported medical issues. I'm even hearing of it in word of mouth conversations about people in the community.
Is it that hard to diagnose ? That seems to be what I am hearing ... "If it had been caught earlier....... "

Here are two videos where accomplished musicians attempt to explain how Jeff Beck created such a unique sound:

Rick Beato again -

and Fil Henley -