• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jense 338 edge

brandem

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Just purchased a jense precision rifle in 338 edge, i am really impressed with this weapon, round count was 170 and this thing is built to the hilt. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles?

Re: jense 338 edge

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

I have lots of experience with Jense Precision. The guy is stellar and really knows his stuff. The most accurate rifles I have ever shot have come straight from him. Wish I could afford them now.

I'm sure that .338 Edge will be scary accurate. I think Jense has really cracked the code on getting 338 magnums to shoot incredible at long range.

I got to test fire a 338 Lapua Magnum built on the SOCOM Gen 2 (all Carbon Fiber and Kevlar) stock a couple of months ago. It was built with an ABS carbon Fiber wrapped barrel and a truly amazing muzzle brake. The rifle was light as hell but didn't recoil for squat. Not sure if that was an in-house designed muzzle brake or someone else's but it worked magic.

The action was built by Defiance Machine and was smooth as the stuff of dreams. The rifle was an absolute tack driver, I hope to own one some day.

Yeah, Jense makes EXCELLENT rifles. I'm sure you'll love yours.

I want a 338 Edge just for the coolness factor as i dont have anywhere close that I can shoot out past 1000yds.

Well i'm hoping to use this rifle for longrange hunting, does anyone know how the 300 grain smk will work on elk? This rifle is tolerable to pack because of the carbon barrel, it is topped with a nightforce 5.5-22x50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snareman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i'm hoping to use this rifle for longrange hunting, does anyone know how the 300 grain smk will work on elk? This rifle is tolerable to pack because of the carbon barrel, it is topped with a nightforce 5.5-22x50. </div></div>

I haven't shot any game with mine, but that 300 SMK carriers a lot of energy. Shawn Carlock (guy who knows a little bit about the EDGE ...) claims the 300 SMK at 1000 is right in its comfort zone for elk and works very well. I shot a 6 inch round, 1 inch thick steel plate we had to see what it would do. The round was hanging on a target stand at 600 yards and about 4 feet off the ground. The footprint on the ground was 4 feet square and the impact wrapped the target around the crossbar and flipped the whole stand. It was pretty impressive display of energy delivered. I then proceeded to wreck the 1100 yard target. The targets that have taken hundreds of 30 cal hits and laughed were destroyed with one 300 SMK.

A lot of people say the SMK doesn't perform on game ... I think shot placement is the key. You put a 300 SMK in the boiler room of an ELK and you won't have a problem. The past few years a lot of elk in the area have been taken at 1000 plus with EDGEs.

The target pictured is the 600 yard target (not hardened steel)
2vmij3t.jpg

I sure appreciate the insight, 300 grains is a lot of lead so i guess im just going to have to try it. Sorry i am not a tech guru and can't post pictures i guess i need to learn. I love the nightforce scope and just purchased one with the thousand yard reticle for my 30-378. I also have a 300rum in mcmillian with a swarovski scope. I have to many elk rifles what a great problem to have!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snareman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i'm hoping to use this rifle for longrange hunting, does anyone know how the 300 grain smk will work on elk? This rifle is tolerable to pack because of the carbon barrel, it is topped with a nightforce 5.5-22x50. </div></div>

I would contact Greg Hamilton at Proof Research regarding this question. He's shot and hunted at long range using the 338's. I'm not sure if he's done so with the SMK's, but know he has with the Bergers. Very knowledgeable.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=29365

Btw, how do you like shooting that 30-378? What loads do you use and how do they perform for you?

Here's a picture thread of hunting with SMK's

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3004399

Friend of mine and his brother both took Elk this year at 1200-1400 yards and they were using Bergers. Also, Nosler has joined the fray and has a 300 grain Accubond out ... those are on my short list of pills to try. Can't say for sure till I get some rounds down range at 1000+ but Ill prolly be using those this season.