• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jered Joplin and Patriot Arms(A Must Read)

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
I recently purchased a rifle that was not functioning as it should. On Tuesday I gave Jered a call. I know how busy he is but he still took the time to listen to everything I had to say. I live 210 miles away and was off work this week due to surgery and mentioned I could drive down if he could take a look at it. His response "bring it".

We scheduled an appointment for Wednesday, the NEXT day, after his official office hours were over. I mentioned to a shooting buddy, 10one here on the hide, that I was going down for the day and he jumped at the opportunity to ride with me.

We left Chattanooga at noon. After a stop at Hooter's and a couple of beers, we preceded to Bass Pro Shops. We arrive at Patriot Arms at 4 o'clock. Jered greeted us, took a quick look at my rifle and expained there were more issues than I had pointed out on the phone. The guys at Patriot Arms were going full speed, on to Outback for another beverage.

We arrived back at the shop at 5:30. Jered proceeded to get to work.
I fully expected to have to leave the rifle with him when he explained all the issues with it. But he got right to work. He recut an chambered, recrowned, replaced bolt knob, did some minor inletting and actually took the time to show us each step and why he was having to do all this. He then tested the rifle for function.

After he finished repairs. Jered invited us into his home, which for those of you who do not know, is above his shop. Jealously set in, "Man Room" would be an understatement. He gave us free range to handle all of his rifles and told of stories of each. As it was approaching 8:30 we decided we had taking up enough of his time.

This was not a typical experience I have had with people that provide a service to the public. I have started rethinking my own business to see if I can go the extra mile as Jered has done for me.

All in all it was a great day. It was great to see and meet a person that has the values that Jered has. He was passionate about what he does and a perfectionist to say the least. There also was not a hint of arrogance or "better than thou" attitude. There were no complaints about the long hours. Above and beyond service goes a long way in my book, especially in this day and age. Patriot Arms has earned a customer in me. As soon as I decide what I want to build, I will be giving Patriot Arms a call. I highly suggest ya'll do the same.

In summation, Jered could have said send it in, and we'll get to it when we can. Did he do this? No. He was not responsible for the shape of the rifle, but he wouldn't let us leave until it was up to his standards. Again to Jered and the guys at Patriot Arms a big thank you.

I also left the shop with a beautiful knife built by Bill Snow. Ya'll should check out his work.

"Just shut up and Shoot"

Eddie.

Re: Jered Joplin and Patriot Arms(A Must Read)

Thanks for sharing! Post some pics of said rifle!

Thank for sharing. It is stories like these that make me strive to be a better business owner.

Hard to find better advertising and marketing than you did right there. The word favoritism in the ancient Hebrew translated to something like "knows the face." This is why some builders and vendors do exceptionally well. And then one man tells his buddy...

I shot with Jered, at ASC, this past weekend. He is indeed a good guy. I'd give him more business without reservation.

I like shops that have open door policies.

That's what I call customer service. I'm another satisfied cusomer of American Precision Arms. They are great to deal with and will be getting my business again in the future.

Jered and the boys have built 2 customs for me - both tack drivers!!

Everyone in the shop has the same great attitude as Jered - very patient and down-to-earth. They are not afraid to take the time to answer any questions you may have!!

Great info - thanks for sharing!!!

Very cool story, sounds like a great guy-

This should not be a surprise to anyone that has dealings with Jered and crew over at APA. First class people that builds first class products! I don't think I have ever heard of anything bad said about APA.

Stuff like this is good to know!

I have never owned one of his rifles.But after reading this i'd like to....Who am i kiding i wanted one before.

That is what you call customer service.

Ive done business with Jered over the past 3 years or so. Hes number 1 in my book. I cant even begin to tell you how much stuff hes helped me out with. Even some questions I have felt stupid to ask about. Hes definatly helped me out and made me a better reloader, and shooter. And built be 2 rifles thats scary accurate. He will also just tell you how it is and wont try to sell you something that you dont need. Hes a hell of a good guy and hopefully one day I can make it down there and buy him a case of beer (I dont drink) and do some shooting. With the kind of customer services APA has they will be around for a VERY long time. Another BIG thanks to Jered and crew!

Jered is a class act (and a heck of a riflesmith); that's why I've been doing busines with him for over 5 years.
smile.gif

JeffVN

Customer service is #1 in getting and keeping customers. That is the customers work and respect. Jered and many other vendors excell in this. Good work Jered!

I still have a rifle that needs setback and rechambered one of these days. Only Jered will get it. After a new roof on my house
smile.gif

Just don't let him get behind you wth a water bottle.....or pick up your rifle at another smiths shop
wink.gif

He did the same for me and my wife about a year or so ago on a Saturday. Jered is good peoples in my book. I always enjoy shooting with him at ASC and Hardrock.

Hey, your in Chattanooga?? I am in Dalton...Where do you shoot at?

-Jason

Another unneeded plug for Jered and crew...I have #4 there now, just hoping I get it back in time to develop a load for our deer opener...hint, hint
grin.gif

That was a fine post, transinator.

I have only had above & beyond the call of duty experience's with Jared & crew. Definitely good folks!
Semper Fi

Whatever!!! All I can say about Jered is that he is a pain in the ass!!!.............

.............because I carry my wallet in my back pocket and everytime I visit I end up spending a bunch of money!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jered and Dave are good guys for sure and their rifles aren't to bad either.
smirk.gif
wink.gif

Oneshot

Everyone there is top notch! They ask down to earth questions, listen, and then give great advice. Most of all they never make you feel dumb.
They are building me a 6.5 Creedmoor on a Badger action right now and I can't wait to get it.

Great write up. I have been thoroughly impressed by his work. Would love to see pics of the rifle!

The rifle is a 223 AI
Remington action stainless
Bell and Carlson stock
Rifle Basix trigger
Rock Creek 1:7.5 twist
Patriot Arms bolt knob
Zeiss Conquest 4-14x44
Burris Extreme rings

I will try to posts pics at a later date. Hell, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Eddie

Eddie

Couldn't agree more. Jered worked on my LTR for me and I couldn't be happier with it. The attention to detail is first rate. He really does go the extra mile and does first rate work. One of the best in the business no doubt.