• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell AR trigger question

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    does jewell make 2 different triggers, one for the ar15 and one for the ar10 or are they one and the same?

Re: Jewell AR trigger question

they make two for the ar15, large pin and small pin.

Some Colt® AR type rifles have been manufactured with hammer and trigger pins and holes which are approximately .176" in diameter. These are referred to as "large pin" Colts. This was done to eliminate the chances of someone putting M16 fire control parts into an AR receiver. This is not found in all Colt models, just some.

All other AR type rifle manufacturers have stayed with the .156" diameter hammer and trigger pins and holes, or "small pin" which is the same spec used in all military M16 rifles.

Measure your pins or the holes in your lower receiver to determine if you have a "small" or "large" hole Colt® AR

got that part, just wondering if there is a specific trigger for the ar10

Negative. Jewell does NOT make a specific AR-10 trigger unit.

Just the AR-15 trigger with the different size pin options depending on which lower you are running.

Not specific they say will work in both AR15 & 10's. Put a couple in some Armalite 308's and really like them.

I tried to put a Jewell in my AR-10 but it wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out why, maybe someone more knowlegable about triggers than me can explain.

Gissele triggers work fine in both AR-10's and AR-15's (same trigger I think). Jewells are nice but the Gissele is better IMHO. They're about $50 more expensive but worth it to me.

The Jewell's springs are not optimized to function in an AR-10. You'll need to modify a GI spring.

Bill Geissele and Gene Clark at the AMU collaborated on the High Speed trigger -- we specified the trigger be interchangeable between platforms.

ok so on the Geissle are you guys using the DMR, service, or the match trigger?

National Match High Speed on a 22-inch AR-10T, Super Semi Automatic (SSA) in a 16-inch carbine.

Buy a Geissele Hi Speed trigger from Rainier Arms. It comes with all 3 weight options (Match, Service, and DMR) for S279. Then you can play around with all 3 offerings and decide what you like.
    Works perfectly fine in an AR10. Been running one for 3 years without any changes in the adjustments and a lot of competition rounds down range.
    I tried the Jewell triggers in both AR15's and AR10's a few years ago. Geissele Hi Speed came out and I have never used another trigger since. IMHO the Jewell is inferior in comparison.

I have used a jewell trigger in a AR-10 and it works great.I had to remove about .050 off the sear to get it to work . Trigger pull is 2LBS

+1 on what wildbill said. I installed a jewell in my LR-308, runs perfect w/no mods.