• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing jewell trigger loose?

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    just installed a Jewell in my GAP Gladius. the saftey is really loose and wobbly, am I missing sometihng?

Can I remove the bolt release from this trigger, the action has a relaease on it?

thanks!!!
    Chris

Re: jewell trigger loose?

You need to call Jewell. I just had them repair a trigger for me. I sent them a no safe, no bolt release trigger and got a new bottom safe trigger.

Who knew free upgrades were so easy!

Jewell triggers come in many configurations, even with the safety right by the trigger instead of on top by the tang. The guys at Jewell triggers are very helpful. Give them a call, and they will set that trigger up how ever you want it. The numbers are below:
    Office 512-353-2999
    Fax 512-392-0543

Good luck

My Jewel is the same way. The safty lever has some back and forth play when it is both on and off safe. I've used it for a couple of years and have had no issues. Just the nature of the beast I think.