• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Jewell trigger question

Rubberduck270

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2013
Tennessee
I just opened my new Jewell trigger for my 700 and noticed the bolt stop release tab was bent funny and won't travel as far as it should. It hits the trigger before traveling all the way down. Are they all like this or do I need to be calling Jewell monday?

Looks bent. Is this a new trigger or been in your rifle a while? Luckily a bolt stop release is a pretty minor part of your trigger.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You're right. Unless I just had to get the rifle working right now it'd be going back to Jewell. I'm sure they'll take care of it without any questions, but you're right that a high dollar part like that shouldn't have made it out the door.

Seriously just tweak it a little to see if it will bend easily, there going to do the same if you send it back...your talking a $10 part!