• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Jewell Trigger Spring

l115a3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I got the custom rifle from gunsmith and they said Jewell only ship with Spring A which can adjust from 8 oz to 48 oz. In case that I want 1.5 oz trigger weight, have to buy Spring C.

So, where I can order additional spring C for Jewell Trigger?

Call Jewel direct 512-353-2999
Jewel will sell you whatever you want so it's likely you got what your smith hand on hand.
It's an easy process but any time you are messing with a trigger I would highly recommend
You let a professional insure it's done correctly.

They're supposed to come with the other two springs in an envelope. I'd imagine if the trigger didn't come with them you could just call Jewell and they'll send you the springs.

It is easy to switch out the spring, make sure the trigger is clean or it may behave a little weird.

FWIW, I suggest that you try the 8 oz setting before you install a very light spring. All of my custom guns wear Jewell triggers. The BR guns are set to 2 oz and the non-BR guns are set to about 2.5 pounds. YMMV but 8 oz is awfully light for a gun that might ever see field use.