• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell trigger weight

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
was wondering if anyone had any experience useing a jewell trigger on a hunting rifle, is 3lbs to little for hunting? I have never used such a high quality trigger but I plan on purchaseing one soon for my rem700v any info you have would help me out thanks
smile.gif

Re: Jewell trigger weight

3lbs is fine for hunting once you go under 2 lbs you start flirting with trouble. Also many will say don't buy a Jewell if the gun will take abuse buy a Timney. I love my Jewell though and won't go back on it till it breaks on me.

yea im torn between jewell and timney thats also a good point should i go jewell or timney for hunting ? im dropping it into a aics 1.5 btw thanks pink for the info

i have a jewell set to 10 oz. it performs just fine in all the cases i have used it in. i have hand the gun in the rain and shine with 0 issues

I also shoot several Jewell triggers set a weights from 8-12 oz. They all work great!

i happily run Jewell triggers set at 1# for hunting. i run them on everything i shoot a lot (that they make triggers for). where you get into trouble is mixing rifles with 4# triggers with your rifles that have light triggers.

Most people recommend around 3# for hunting applications. Since a lighter trigger=better accuracy, all else being equal, I have my Jewells for huntin, just as I do on the bench, LIGHT. I hear minute of deer all of the time. If I was to live by that standard, I would stick to a .30-30 lever action and leave my custom rifles at home. I believe that there is a time and place for either. But I prefer to give the critter, the same respect that the targets at the range get and practice firearms safety always.

Have a Jewell on my 280 Rem set at 2lbs. Love this trigger but wish the show was a bit wider. nice crisp break with nearly zero travel.