• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell vs Timney

Re: Jewell vs Timney

I like my Jewell. I don't think they are a problem in the field. I have hunted and competed with mine in tons of different enviornments with it set at 8oz and it never failed. People said the same thing about my BAT VRPIC that it would be a bad choice because of the tolerances but both have functioned flawlessly for me.

I like the ability to adjust the pull weight without taking the trigger out of the stock. The Jewell also seems to have a weighted over travel. To explain, when remington triggers break they are loose or sloppy on the over travel until they are reset. On a Jewell when the trigger breaks there is tension on the over travel making it very nice for follow through. For these two reasons i use the Jewell trigger. But I wouldn't hesitate to rock the Timney either.

For high precision range rifles and F-Class rifles I use Jewel.

For something that needs to go bang I prefer the old Remington at 3.0 pounds with the overtravel backed off some.

The Timney is a good trigger I just hate the fat and clunky go button.

I've got two Timneys set to 2 lbs. They break cleanly and have dealt with the west Texas dust I hunt in just fine. I prefer the wide serrated trigger shoe of the Timeny and bought my second one for that reason. The price is hard to argue with too.

In my experience they are both excellent triggers. If I was trying to eeeeeek out the lightest weight and wanted consistency I'd use a Jewel. For hunting or any other practical app I would probably just go with a Timney.