• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JJ Rock Co Custom Short Action for $800?!

B4Maz

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2014
Houston, TX
This look interesting... JJ Rock make one of the best big bore actions.

1540837749852.png

1540837786517.png

We're still waiting on the MC3 stocks...

I've always thought it was strange that the Grayboe and MC3 stocks were essentially the same things, that both made by the McMillan Family, and were really the only brands competing in the same segment. I can't really make sense of it, almost like it was a family feud or something (i don't think that's the case at all now though) Grayboe seems to be doing well, I wonder if MC3 was tabled to support Grayboe's launch.

I was checking it out at SHOT, it's a solid contender

I asked Jon if they had a 6.8 bolt head as I was gonna do a Valkyrie on it
Just talked to them. They’re taking orders on the SA and should be shipping around August. I didn’t see your post LL or I would of asked about the 6.8. So many damn good options it’s hard as hell to decide. I kind of miss the days of AI, Rem or TRG which is in your budget and that’s it. ?? but options are good!

This is from Feb 2. I wish they would post more details! looks like a good price. is it push feed? CRF??

Is that true for all of their actions?
Pretty sure they’re all push. I think they only have 2 actions right now. XL on the website and the short coming up. I’m not sure if Jon or one of the other owners is a hide member.

Pretty sure they’re all push. I think they only have 2 actions right now. XL on the website and the short coming up. I’m not sure if Jon or one of the other owners is a hide member.
We actually have quite a few more they just are not all up on the website yet. We have our original Super XL we also have .50 cal actions available right now. Our short and long actions are in production now and will be ready around late July to Aug time frame

I'm on here just trying to catch up to this thread now

Reactions: richthe1
The short and long actions are Remington foot print? I’m assuming

Will pre-fit barrels be available?

Last edited:
We actually have quite a few more they just are not all up on the website yet. We have our original Super XL we also have .50 cal actions available right now. Our short and long actions are in production now and will be ready around late July to Aug time frame

What tennon thread specs are the short and long action using and will the scope bases be pinned?

Last edited:
I guess I was hinting how that looks an awful lot like an AI base.
The photo above is not our base. I'm not sure who made it either. That will not be the base we sell with our action either. It was just on there for a photo of the prototypes

What finishes will be available if any on the actions? DLC by chance?

Also interested in Bandit31s questions on CIP cut and bolt faces.

The photo above is not our base. I'm not sure who made it either. That will not be the base we sell with our action either. It was just on there for a photo of the prototypes
Oh ok. Well regardless look forward to the action hitting the market. It’s going to be a contender no doubt. The pedigree speaks for itself.

Does it come with the recoil lug and rail? Or are those separate?

Any chance of a group buy in the near future?

I just got one sent to my FFL yesterday. I guess they just started shipping them- mine is sn #00053....

Saw it today, but gotta wait 10 days to pick it up- stupid California.....

Looks good- smooth and tight- Didn't bring a trigger with me to be able to check the cocking feel.

Came with a recoil lug.

It's going in an MDT ACC chassis I bought for it- but I wont finish out this build until next summer- Need another Bartlein, trigger, base, another scope etc etc.. Gotta save up some money to build it out.

When I get it home, I'll swap a trigger on it just to feel the cocking action, but my bet is.. nice and smooth. Very pleased with what I saw .

Got it home today.

Still looks good. Feels good... But.. that large bolt diameter... my 700 bolt take down tool does not fit. The rear of the bolt is too wide to fit inside my bolt take down tool. It also has this 'cocked' tab that sticks out the back bottom which *might* interfere with most take downs that are wide enough to accept the diameter. Easy enough to file it off if it really bugs you.... it's thin metal.

My take down tool is "KW Kleinendorst"

Otherwise, my money is betting it's a high quality action with a good tight fit that's smooth and accurate for a really really good price.

As I said, I wont finish out this build until mid/late summer however... But I'm looking forward to it- and upgrade from a trued up custom 700.

I have the SA version with a proof savage prefit in .308win. Timney HIT set at 1lb, in a AICS AX chassis. Action is smooth and tight. With factory TAP and Fed SMK 1/2 MOA. Everyone at JjRcO was informative and willing to answer any questions I had about the build.

Also it is a tool less disassembly.

Last edited:
So has anyone else used a JJ Rock Co. Short action? I’ve been considering a 6GT In a manners TCS with one.

Can anyone compare the JJ Rock action to the Big Horn Origin. I know the Origin is crf and the JJ Rock is push round feed but I don't own either. I would like to hear a hands on comparison if any one can.
Thanks

NG National Best Warrior Competition winners just won some JJ Rock 6.5 Creeds! With a Vortex Razor LHT and Vortex CF tripods.

Attachments

• 61BE9D33-ACD9-47B4-8CAF-1876B512685E.jpeg
    61BE9D33-ACD9-47B4-8CAF-1876B512685E.jpeg
    546.4 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: asugm13