• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors JK Armament’s rifle Modular Solvent Trap (MST) kit

Interested to see if anyone has used one. These look a lot nicer than the QB which seems a lot nice than the other form 1 stuff I see online.

So now that some of these are getting into customers hands, if you have one what are your thoughts.

I like the design and the idea behind it , but really wonder how at home it would be on a precision set up.

It says the build materials are aluminum. Not crazy about using that in a high pressure rifle setup. 22 or pistol sure, but not a long range rifle.

Reactions: ototallydude
No joke, it is really the best solvent trap we have ever seen. We don't plan on carrying a full lineup of solvent traps, so we did a lot of research beforehand and even took a trip out to their facility before settling on JK. Not just the solvent trap itself, but the whole system. The jigs are incredible.
Any idea when they will be back in stock?

Reactions: tmfisher57
I also own a AAC 300 TM for the same gun. Being in Idaho as well I thought Id check out the JK and Im impressed. The AAC I feel is a tad bit quieter but there really isn't alot of POI shift and its help up nicely. Ive only run a few hundred rounds through it but zero wear. The cool thing about them is if the first baffle starts to show wear Ill just replace that one. Is it a top of the line suppressor? No. Is it worth what I paid and the time I had to wait? Definitely. Im thinking of another one actually for a 17hmr if I can find someone to thread the barrel.

I also own a AAC 300 TM for the same gun. Being in Idaho as well I thought Id check out the JK and Im impressed. The AAC I feel is a tad bit quieter but there really isn't alot of POI shift and its help up nicely. Ive only run a few hundred rounds through it but zero wear. The cool thing about them is if the first baffle starts to show wear Ill just replace that one. Is it a top of the line suppressor? No. Is it worth what I paid and the time I had to wait? Definitely. Im thinking of another one actually for a 17hmr if I can find someone to thread the barrel.

thanks for the feedback. i get that it is a form 1 can but the concern was the aluminum in a centerfire rifle. i'm not looking for something PRS quality that i'm drilling out in my garage but i am looking for something that will hold up. i read up above that there is a jig. did it come with the kit?

Even on a Form 1, it must go back to a SOT to get reworked after construction is complete. If the first baffle is damaged you could rotate it to a different location in the stack or remove it, but not replace it without a license. Who would know the difference? nobody unless you make mention of it on the internet...

No sadly It does not come with the jig but so many people are getting into them Ive seen a few people sharing them online. If you do end up getting one , let me know and as long as you pay the shipping back and forth your welcome to use mine. I just purchased it for the main reason that I was interested to see how Id wear out the first baffle and to make a new one if I so desired to replace it. But again, no wear. My neighbor and I both got one and he runs his on a 16 inch AR and mag dumps like a madman, his has no issues as of yet either. Again, Im not affiliated or anything but for me its been a great purchase.

No sadly It does not come with the jig but so many people are getting into them Ive seen a few people sharing them online. If you do end up getting one , let me know and as long as you pay the shipping back and forth your welcome to use mine. I just purchased it for the main reason that I was interested to see how Id wear out the first baffle and to make a new one if I so desired to replace it. But again, no wear. My neighbor and I both got one and he runs his on a 16 inch AR and mag dumps like a madman, his has no issues as of yet either. Again, Im not affiliated or anything but for me its been a great purchase.

The mag dumps on a semi auto are what I’m most curious about. I’m considering this for my AR platforms, and while I don’t plan to mag dump incessantly, I want to be able to pop off spurts of rounds in quick succession without fear of the aluminum baffling.

This would live life on a 7” .300 BLK with super and subsonic loads, 11.5” 5.56, and a 16” 5.56 setup.

How many rounds are on your neighbors setup? Does he shoot .300BLK at all?

He shoots that can on his 556 AR, 308 bolt gun and 300bo AR. We live in Northern Idaho and he has an in with JK so we figured, lets get some and beat on em! Not exactly sure his round count actually. I would suggest reaching out to JK on facebook, they answer questions rather quickly and great people to deal with. They are also supposedly making stainless baffles for the near future so replacing the aluminum ones when they wear with stainless might be an option too.

Even on a Form 1, it must go back to a SOT to get reworked after construction is complete. If the first baffle is damaged you could rotate it to a different location in the stack or remove it, but not replace it without a license. Who would know the difference? nobody unless you make mention of it on the internet...

Or the form 1 is made out to the length of ten baffles, and you only use 8. Its already purchased, its already on the stamp, and its already legal, hence the modular aspect to modern cans. Like my Rugged Obsidian 9. If I have an issue I the part of the can that is #'d is regulated and has to be SOT.
Im also not sure how that works with the form 1 since legally I believe Im the manufacture as the name JK wasn't even on the list when I filed. It was classified as a "mod can" with no makes or serial numbers until I engraved them.

I wouldn't use Aluminum on anything involving the 5.56 cartridge; ESPECIALLY on a SBR/pistol configuration. You're asking for trouble. A quick internet search will yield the same response. Stainless is your best bet for short 5.56

I really like the JK design except for the fact it’s made out of aluminum. It appears it works just fine, but I’m with others and would like to see a stainless version. It seems most solvent traps I can find are aluminum. Who makes a stainless solvent trap?

QuietBore makes a can with the ability to use stainless baffles/cups.
Its a tool. I would not use a AL design on short battered centerfire weapons myself.
My JK does really good on my remington 700, amazingly well on 9mm and 45auto too.
I think the reason the solvent market has taken off is because the wait times on form 4s are getting ridiculous. Maybe its the covid but people are seeing a year plus.
I love my Rugged, Surefire, AAC and DeadAir cans but I think there is a place for the traps too..

Reactions: KYAggie
QuietBore makes a can with the ability to use stainless baffles/cups.
Its a tool. I would not use a AL design on short battered centerfire weapons myself.
My JK does really good on my remington 700, amazingly well on 9mm and 45auto too.
I think the reason the solvent market has taken off is because the wait times on form 4s are getting ridiculous. Maybe its the covid but people are seeing a year plus.
I love my Rugged, Surefire, AAC and DeadAir cans but I think there is a place for the traps too..
screw quitebore, their customer service is a joke and so is their delivery times!

Snap!
Ive never ordered from them, good to hear. I only know they have stainless parts.

I really like the JK design except for the fact it’s made out of aluminum. It appears it works just fine, but I’m with others and would like to see a stainless version. It seems most solvent traps I can find are aluminum. Who makes a stainless solvent trap?
These are some of the companies making kits or individual components from quality materials like 17-4 SS and Titanium:

- Diversified Machine
- Maverick Precision
- JR Machine Pro
- Super Precision Concepts
- SD Tactical
- Muted Machine Works
- White Trash Tactical
- Dino Precision

These are some of the companies making kits or individual components from quality materials like 17-4 SS and Titanium:

- Diversified Machine
- Maverick Precision
- JR Machine Pro
- Super Precision Concepts
- SD Tactical
- Muted Machine Works
- White Trash Tactical
- Dino Precision

I just wish there was a little more compatibility. Some are just components but not whole kits, some are skirted baffles, some require DIY spacers, Some have end caps but not back mount options, some have 2" muzzle device space in the front, some don't say.

There was one place with legit kits, but they're all back ordered. IF someone made a website and kits like Quiet bore but with titanium components, better customer service, and more options, I'd be sold lol

IF someone made a website and kits like Quiet bore but with titanium components, better customer service, and more options, I'd be sold lol

Exactly! Heck I’d take a stainless tube threaded 1 3/8x24 and stainless internals so I could use the Area 419 Hellfire mounts like below. Even a 5/8x24 thread would work with the Hellfire. I need to do more research, someone has to make this.

So, there are some tubes that come threaded on the back end “ASR” style. SPC, DM, Maverick make them. Using this back end thread pattern, you can buy a SiCo ASR mount and use a matching muzzle device, or you can buy a Griffin Plan A taper mount and one of their muzzle devices, or a Dead Air KeyMo Mount and one of their muzzle devices.
I think any of these would permit you to use the A419 solution also.

SPC, DM, make complete kits with a tube a mount, baffles, spacers, end caps. But that’s part of the beauty of a Form 1 is customizing it to your application. Do you want all baffles equally spaced apart? Do you want them far apart close to the muzzle and tight together by the end cap? Are you shooting subs, or SuperSonics? Semi auto or bolt? All this stuff makes a difference in how you can design it.

I got tax stamp for a DM complete kit, 1.5”x8” Ti tube. It’s got 7 cones, 2 are heat treated SS and 5 are Ti. I fit it up to a Dead Air KeyMo mount and use it dedicated on my CZ Scorpion SBR in 9mm. It sounds fantastic in that application. Have also used it on 5.56 AR and 300BLK AR and it sounds fine there too.

I got a second tax stamp for another can I turned into a big bore hunting/multipurpose can. 10” Maverick tube 1.625” OD. 3 SS cones up front followed by 7 Ti cones, spewing started wide and gets progressively tighter towards the end cap. Also using a Dead Air KeyMo Mount. I made this one to run on 450BM and 350 Legend AR’s and it’s fabulous for that purpose. Shooting a full house Hornady Black 250gr 450BM, it’s hearing safe, no ringing of the ears (without ear pro) at all. No gas to face (and I’m a lefty). Hearing safe for the woods was my goal and I feel I exceeded that. I also run this can on a 18” 5.56 AR and it sounds really good there as well, despite being bored out so big for larger bullets, the volume of the huge size really helps.

I definitely need to do some research. Trying to suppress a 16” AR10 308 and a 10.5” barreled 5.56 AR pistol. I bet baffle configuration makes a big difference in sound reduction.

So, there are some tubes that come threaded on the back end “ASR” style. SPC, DM, Maverick make them. Using this back end thread pattern, you can buy a SiCo ASR mount and use a matching muzzle device, or you can buy a Griffin Plan A taper mount and one of their muzzle devices, or a Dead Air KeyMo Mount and one of their muzzle devices.
I think any of these would permit you to use the A419 solution also.

SPC, DM, make complete kits with a tube a mount, baffles, spacers, end caps. But that’s part of the beauty of a Form 1 is customizing it to your application. Do you want all baffles equally spaced apart? Do you want them far apart close to the muzzle and tight together by the end cap? Are you shooting subs, or SuperSonics? Semi auto or bolt? All this stuff makes a difference in how you can design it.

I got tax stamp for a DM complete kit, 1.5”x8” Ti tube. It’s got 7 cones, 2 are heat treated SS and 5 are Ti. I fit it up to a Dead Air KeyMo mount and use it dedicated on my CZ Scorpion SBR in 9mm. It sounds fantastic in that application. Have also used it on 5.56 AR and 300BLK AR and it sounds fine there too.

I got a second tax stamp for another can I turned into a big bore hunting/multipurpose can. 10” Maverick tube 1.625” OD. 3 SS cones up front followed by 7 Ti cones, spewing started wide and gets progressively tighter towards the end cap. Also using a Dead Air KeyMo Mount. I made this one to run on 450BM and 350 Legend AR’s and it’s fabulous for that purpose. Shooting a full house Hornady Black 250gr 450BM, it’s hearing safe, no ringing of the ears (without ear pro) at all. No gas to face (and I’m a lefty). Hearing safe for the woods was my goal and I feel I exceeded that. I also run this can on a 18” 5.56 AR and it sounds really good there as well, despite being bored out so big for larger bullets, the volume of the huge size really helps.
This. Well said.

I definitely need to do some research. Trying to suppress a 16” AR10 308 and a 10.5” barreled 5.56 AR pistol. I bet baffle configuration makes a big difference in sound reduction.

It does. A lot. Baffle type, spacing, clip style and size. There's a plethora of information out there. I will say, a proper supersonic .30 can, will work well on a 5.56 round. The short barrel 5.56 changes things a little bit.

Reactions: KYAggie and Adam B
There used to be a good web forum “Form 1 Suppressor Boards” or something like that. The website was funky though with a ton of pop up BS. Don’t know if that’s still around or not.
There also used to be some good ‘groups’ on Facebook for Form 1 builders, but it looks like they got nuked by FB out of existence.
One of the tough parts about working with these companies, and why few will have a complete product (and if they do will be vague about details) and not answer or address forearm or design specific questions - is the legality of their business is a very gray area and they can’t afford to attract the attention of ATF or they’ll get shut down in the dark of night too.

Reactions: KYAggie
Ive recently form 1'd a JK armament stainless steel can. Running it on a PWS 11.5 SBR. LOVE IT.
Now that they are making them in Titanium and stainless steel its a great option....