• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

John McPhee Heavy Carbine Marksmanship - May - KY

va_dinger

Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="font-weight: bold">John McPhee 2-Day “Gunner” Heavy Carbine Marksmanship Class - May 12-13, 2012 - Park City, KY</span>

photo-1-1.jpg

photo.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">SGM(ret) John McPhee served a distinguished career in U.S. Army Special Operations for over 20 years, retiring in 2011.

Units served;
1st Ranger Bn
7th Special Forces Group
1st SFOD-D
Joint Special Operations Command

John has spent his adult life in Special Operations and Special Mission Units. He is a Master Instructor in all aspects of special activities, missions and operations. He has over 6 years of private special activities consulting and is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in: Special Activities, Operational Preparations, Limited Signature Operations, Reconnaissance, Singleton Operations, High Threat Dignitary Protective Services, Extreme Long Range, Designated Marksman, Advanced Precision Rifle Marksmanship, Combat Marksmanship, Live Fire CQB/CQC, Advanced Pistol Marksmanship, Advanced Carbine Marksmanship, Ariel Gunnery (Rifles, Shotguns, Ariel Personnel and Vehicle Interdictions, Mechanical, Ballistic and Explosive Breaching, Freefall Instructor Programs, Infiltration/ Exfiltration Techniques, Ground Mobility, Unit Pre-Deployment Training, and Research and Development of; Soldier Systems, Weapons, Ammunition, Thermal and Night Optics.

Qualifications;
Special Forces Target Interdiction Course
US Army Sniper School
NRA Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun, Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Advanced Mountain Sniper Course, Instructor
Advanced Freefall, Instructor (Ratings Current)
Freefall Coach (Ratings Current)
California Personal/ Executive Body Guard Certification (Rating Current)
2005 Budweiser World Cup Super Heavyweight Jiu-Jitsu Champion
2004 Presidential Security Detail (Ariel Heavy) Cartagena, Colombia

He has trained countless U.S. Special Operations forces, thousands of International Tier 1 Operators and Special Forces around the world. He is one of the handful of operators with over a decade of combat having served in multiple theaters from Bosnia and South America to recent war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. </span>

logo.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Grey Group Training:</span>
http://www.greygrouptraining.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">John McPhee 2-Day “Gunner” Heavy Carbine Marksmanship Class - May 12-13, 2012 - Park City, KY </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">2-Day “Gunner” (Heavy Carbine Marksmanship) course is designed to teach you to make the SHOT and do it in as little time as possible. Being accurate is final but being accurate in seconds or less is better.

In this course you will mount, level, zero, and shoot several courses of fire. You will do this with your gear. Bring what you have; we will make you good with it. Learn to use your rifle, scope, reticle and any accessories for them. Shoot for accuracy; true your gun, with your zero, skill and making the SHOT in fractions of a second. Engage from different shooting positions, analyze the mechanics of each one, and practice for time. Learn to estimate range, wind and shoot rapidly. Learn from your misses where the shot went, why and correct for a hit in seconds or less. Use hold offs, hold under, and holdovers to better increase your time to accurately hit your target. Learn to correctly and rapidly reload, correct malfunctions and stoppages to get back in the fight when seconds count.

Do these things while applying the Perfect Fundamentals of Marksmanship. Practice doesn’t make perfect, Perfect Practice Makes Perfect.

Topics covered:
- Basics of the Heavy Carbine Rifle
- Weapon manipulation
- Safety
- Load/ Reloads
- Unload / Clear weapon
- Scopes/Reticles
- Zeroing
- Ammo, Ballistics
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship;
- Stance; prone, kneeling standing
- Malfunctions
- Estimate range; Wind calculations
- Hold offs, Holds, Land-marking
- Mounting accessories
- Cleaning, Maintenance
</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">**This class is open to; AR-10 platform guns in any caliber, AR-15 platform with 5.56 or larger caliber (SPR & RECCE type rifles), 7.62 or larger caliber Foreign weapons, 7.62 or larger caliber bolt guns (be ready to reload, haha).**</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">*** Bring a clean gun your first shot will be for Data.***</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">*** In this class you will be taking shots from contact to 600+ yards.**</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Instructor:</span> John McPhee

<span style="font-weight: bold">Class dates:</span> May 12-13, 2012

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost:</span> $450

<span style="font-weight: bold">Location:</span> Park City, KY

<span style="font-weight: bold">Required weapons, gear, ammo round count list;</span>
- Scope 1-4 power min, with any reticle - Red dot scope with magnifier also acceptable
- Number of rounds; 450
- 4 magazines
- Kneepads
- A way to carry 2 mags on your body
- Rifle sling
**Optional ballistic computer (will reference and use them)

<span style="font-weight: bold">To sign-up for this class please use this link;</span>
http://store.greygrouptraining.com/2-DAY-HEAVY-CARBINE-MARKSMAN-37775.html

<span style="font-weight: bold">If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;</span>
[email protected]

Re: John McPhee Heavy Carbine Marksmanship - May - KY

This would be a perfect class for my Dept Snipers who just got 7 semi auto rifle systems with optics. I will have to push for this (I'm low man on the totum pole) so don't know how much I will be able to influence the powers that be (management)?

Would be awesome to get to go to this!!

FYI: I've gotten so many PM's asking about John's "Heavy Carbine Marksmanship" class name that I thought I might as well explain it publicly.

<span style="font-weight: bold">In a nut shell John picked "Heavy Carbine Marksmanship" to avoid using the standard "Sniper" or "Precision Rifle" name for his class. He was worried potential students might think they were going to be just shooting for groups at various distances. This class is far more than that by a long shot.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This would be a perfect class for my Dept Snipers who just got 7 semi auto rifle systems with optics. I will have to push for this (I'm low man on the totum pole) so don't know how much I will be able to influence the powers that be (management)?

Would be awesome to get to go to this!! </div></div>

Hey Hogstooth, I could not agree more.

If you need any help just let me know.

Paul

FYI: This is the 1st open enrollment John McPhee Heavy Carbine class and we do have some open seats available. This class is certainly one of a kind. Consider it a cross between a standard carbine class and a traditional precision rifle class. You will learn techniques for engaging targets from contact to six hundred yards.

Without a doubt this class is special.

**This class is open to; AR-10 platform guns in any caliber, AR-15 platform with 5.56 or larger caliber (SPR, RECCE, or standard carbines w/magnified optics/magnifiers), 7.62 or larger caliber Foreign weapons, 7.62 or larger caliber bolt guns .**

As always if anybody has any questions please feel free to ask. The Grey Group Training team is always ready to help.

Thank you,

Paul