• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

John Wick 4

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    So who has seen it . Tryin to gauge if anyone has yet . Don't want to spoil it just discuss with those who's seen .
    Gotta say a few good scenes and yet not as good as #1 .

I enjoyed 1 & 2. It was getting old by 3. I’m glad 4 was the last one.

Saw it the weekend it came out after binge watching the first three early that week. Proper to that I’d seen none of them. I actually thought that 4 wrapped things up pretty well considering there was only way it could actually end.

You do have to suspend reality while watching, even more so than in the first three, but it’s entertainment not fucking reality.

Saw it in theaters the day it came out. Not intentionally, as I’m not that much of a dedicated fan, but found out it was in theaters and said let’s go.

I though it was pretty good. But it was a lot longer than it needed to be.

I’ll also concur that #1 is the best.

My kids were impressed by how many fight scenes and bad guys there were.

If you suspend reality it's just a good action blow stuff up movie with enough of a plot to explain why.

They said they'd keep making them so long as they make money. I feel like #5 will be out after a break, either as a prequel or his death was staged.

I found a few of the fight scenes painfully contrived . Especially the Japanese gallery in the Osaka Continental .

Reactions: MCHOG
    Well it's been out for over a month now and nobody, nowhere is talking about it...

There were a few points that were "GET THERE FASTER" especially where cars were destroyed (trying to not give spoilers)

There were too many CGI stunts. Example of things that would have killed a person but he walks away.

One character seemed to just be there for no reason but ends up always there.

All and all in the end I enjoyed the movie and the ending. Definitely glad to see it.

True, have not seen the movie, but read where Keanu Reeves was feeling his age when making these movies. In the middle 50’s or so. According to what I have heard, its gonna be the very last John Wick movie.

It was very good ; really enjoyed it . Wife said best action movie see has seen I. Threatened since Terminator 2

Reactions: lash and Jumper
    Haven't seen any of those movies and don't really care to. Vigilante movies aren't really my thing. If they were, I'd probably just stick with a Charles Bronson or Steven Seagal movie because those are old and don't have CG.

Reactions: MJF
    waiting till they release john wick 26 hell use a walker to stomp out all the bad guys .
    You are behind the curve. In the last HIDETV they were discussing getting MDT to make a "Tactical Walker" to be used in place of a tripod.

Haven't seen any of those movies and don't really care to. Vigilante movies aren't really my thing. If they were, I'd probably just stick with a Charles Bronson or Steven Seagal movie because those are old and don't have CG.
    Because Stevie might eat you if you stand still for too long.
    It's either that or he is perpetually constipated.....dunno.

fatman.jpg

I liked it. Dragons Breath scene was awesome. Caine was a great character. Loved his role in the movie.

If i had to rank the John Wick movies in order of favorites in the franchise: 1, 4, 2, then 3.

Reactions: Slash0311 and lash
    Dragons Breath (was a surprise)
    yup, kids went, what was that..... I was like, don't you read shot gun news?;):ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ewoaf
    I really enjoyed it, but I don't look for anything beyond the pure entertainment value of films. I do feel that they decided to go up, over the top, and keep climbing with it. The stair scene towards the end....well, if you haven't seen it...I don't want to spoil it, but it started cool, then just turned stupid for a while.

Branden

Finally saw it... After all, I have wasted 6.5 hours of my life on the other three films ;-)

Like the others... entertaining. Great choreography. Very much like watching a multi-player video game. Could not have sat through it in a theater or I would have developed epilepsy. Too much fast movement and strobes. Very stylish... fat guy in disco was most stylish! Lots of interesting Sergio Leone tributes, interestingly. Including Nobody. Which was a tribute to a tribute. Some "Seven Samurai" vibe as well.

Very predictable! I mean to the point that I knew what music was coming next or what line was coming next.

Loved the near-ending. But was disappointed in the ending ending. I wanted it to turn out different.

Some good humor throughout. Franchise made a bit of fun of itself... which is fun.

Worth seeing for sure. If you are a fan of the franchise, you will definitely like it! I did.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS.. Lawrence Fishburn was totally under-utilized. He deserved a much bigger piece of the pie! I was looking forward to seeing him have some fun.

Finally saw it... After all, I have wasted 6.5 hours of my life on the other three films ;-)

Like the others... entertaining. Great choreography. Very much like watching a multi-player video game. Could not have sat through it in a theater or I would have developed epilepsy. Too much fast movement and strobes. Very stylish... fat guy in disco was most stylish! Lots of interesting Sergio Leone tributes, interestingly. Including Nobody. Which was a tribute to a tribute. Some "Seven Samurai" vibe as well.

Very predictable! I mean to the point that I knew what music was coming next or what line was coming next.

Loved the near-ending. But was disappointed in the ending ending. I wanted it to turn out different.

Some good humor throughout. Franchise made a bit of fun of itself... which is fun.

Worth seeing for sure. If you are a fan of the franchise, you will definitely like it! I did.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS.. Lawrence Fishburn was totally under-utilized. He deserved a much bigger piece of the pie! I was looking forward to seeing him have some fun.
    In all, I felt that there were several angles for spin-offs in the last one, if they wanted to run a franchise out of it.

Reactions: Lightning8
    In all, I felt that there were several angles for spin-offs in the last one, if they wanted to run a franchise out of it.

We were joking about that at the end...

The Good the Bad and the Wick...

Wick and Furious, Tokyo Drift

Hi Plains Wikken (it has witches and wizards)

Sudden Wickpact

For a Few Wicks More

Wick and Sundance, The Early Years...

The possibilities are endless!

Cheers,

Sirhr

i had to watch jw3 again to make sure it wasn't the same movie. seems the world is full of incompetent assassins, but if you can suspend disbelief and just cheer for the good guy, it is entertaining (until the end).

4 was my least favorite of the series. It was just a little over the top, especially with the reliance on “bullet proof clothes”

Way too unrealistic. 1 was better by far. 3 was the worst one of all. Ballerina is coming which is a stop gap between 2 and 3. They are going to hold off doing a 5th one for awhile.

Basically John Wick is pure shit, some sort of three-gun queer bait fantasy movie. A world controlled by HEP-C, tatted whores and where a 100 pound rug licking cooch imagines she can kill an adult male in a fist fight. Paris runs out of coffins in a single night and no one from the straight world seems to notice or care. Worse yet, every janitor, hobo and Chinese restaurant worker is a damned assassin. Good luck taking a shit or getting to go in peace if you cross the wrong person.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash and Zolar
    Basically John Wick is pure shit, some sort of three-gun queer bait fantasy movie. A world controlled by HEP-C, tatted whores and where a 100 pound rug licking cooch imagines she can kill an adult male in a fist fight. Paris runs out of coffins in a single night and no one from the straight world seems to notice or care. Worse yet, every janitor, hobo and Chinese restaurant worker is a damned assassin. Good luck taking a shit or getting to go in peace if you cross the wrong person.
    I believe the last one was the worst of them, I couldn’t keep up with the BShitting.

It felt like one really long fight scene. The fight up the stairs then getting knocked down the stairs only to have to fight back up the stairs was too much. It got boring for me quickly.