• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jordan Peterson - Beyond Order - ABSOLUTELY RIVETING! Perhaps even life changing.

Samuel Whittemore

in memory
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2018
    Unrelated to anything in these threads... or even this entire forum for that matter. The likely hood of a Sniper's forum having any that're much interested with their own (and therefore societies) evolution, I realize is skant.. LOL

Yet but of such deep profound importance to mankind... My god. What Jordan Peterson talks about... The man is something of a modern day Saint... at least a leading spiritual, psychological giant in this morass of chaos and uncertainty.

If you need to turn off the the insanity --perhaps find some peace in all the political hell and madness.... He just released a second book Beyond Order (something of a Sequel, or balance, to "12 Rules for Life") that's cracking up to be one of the best I've ever read. Certainly in the top 5.

If you care a thimble's worth for your own human evolution... understanding yourself, finding deeper meanings. Get this book. It can be life changing.

A couple of excellent new interviews:

The Tim Ferris interview he talks a bit about religion and how important it has been and is to us. Quite fascinating.

I've been following him for years.. he's been thru some hellish times and yet --Here he is again. Battle worn with a humility that's somehow tough as nails, yet divine and beautiful to watch/read.

Last edited:
    Only watched the first one so far. Ive considered most of the stuff he discusses in depth. Very interesting though somewhat over thought. Ive managed to boil it all down to one basic simple concept.

Treat others as you wish to be treated, with understanding, kindness and respect.

Not that Im very successful, I fail a lot at that, but Ive found that when we do that the world seems to work pretty well, and when we dont its pretty miserable.

Well, yes there's that, but consider maybe reducing one video interview, to one concept for well over 30 years + of work and research and many books is not going to work. =)

For just one example: Another key factor Jordan often speaks of is looking at recurring resentments and "self authoring" as he calls it (in recovery programs it's essentially doing a written inventory) to get to the bottom of them and then doing what's necessary to move past them. Some cases it's just 'grow the fuck up', with others it's about confrontation (setting boundaries). While perhaps for most, current day resentments, that can work. However quite often there's far deeper controlling stuff at play with many people... and for that stuff that remedy is a little simplistic. Meaning....

Considering it's pretty much proven, in the annals of psychology, the personality is 'set' by 8 years old... some shit goes deep FAR deeper than one could ever uncover and resolve in an afternoon of writing. There's some stuff that's so subtle and covert, other stuff so heinous that it needs more --truly something akin to emotional surgery' to uncover, excise and as best as one can, permanently let go.

Most people will never get there. Because getting 'there' requires slicing through layers of denial and that for all the pain to get 'there'.... only to discover more acute original pain. Who the fuck in their right mind would want that? "Oh sure just for fun lets go jump in that vat of acid".. lol The ego is such that it tries to protect us from pain (owning our shit) --even when, quite often, when doing so can be poison and if not for some people even deadly. Depending on the degree of what's hiding there. But eventually it bubbles up --and then. One sunny day, for no reason...

We hear of their suicide, what I call an imploding unresolved resentment/anger. OR conversely an exploding unresolved resentment "--the guy just walked into Mc Donalds and blew 15 people away.... We can't understand it, he seemed like such a happy well adjusted fellow." but even that, I realize, is reducing things too much.

One of my favorite snippets from a recovery program speaks about it better than I can:

"In many instances we shall find that though the harm done others has not been great, the emotional harm we have done ourselves has. Very deep, sometimes quite forgotten, damaging emotional conflicts persist below the level of consciousness. At the time of these occurrences [often childhood], they may actually have given our emotions violent twists which have since discolored our personalities and altered our lives for the worse.

Not meaning to sound like some douchy arm chair pundit, certainly nothing even remotely close to Peterson's eons of professional work --but I do have the gift of my own experience and for having 30+ years of my own observations since 'that' --my own moment of divine intervention / cathartic (in another sense) catastrophic upheavel. So.

It's a lot more than 'do unto others... ' :)
    Agreed, mostly. Id have to ad to "Do unto others", "Do unto yourself as you would have others do unto you.", which, to reach that point, can take a lot of work. As we've discussed via PM, Ive had more than one of those moments of 'divine intervention'.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    Unrelated to anything in these threads... or even this entire forum for that matter. The likely hood of a Sniper's forum having any that're much interested with their own (and therefore societies) evolution, I realize is skant.. LOL

Yet but of such deep profound importance to mankind... My god. What Jordan Peterson talks about... The man is something of a modern day Saint... at least a leading spiritual, psychological giant in this morass of chaos and uncertainty.

If you need to turn off the the insanity --perhaps find some peace in all the political hell and madness.... He just released a second book Beyond Order (something of a Sequel, or balance, to "12 Rules for Life") that's cracking up to be one of the best I've ever read. Certainly in the top 5.

If you care a thimble's worth for your own human evolution... understanding yourself, finding deeper meanings. Get this book. It can be life changing.

The Tim Ferris interview he talks a bit about religion and how important it has been and is to us. Quite fascinating.

I've been following him for years.. he's been thru some hellish times and yet --Here he is again. Battle worn with a humility that's somehow tough as nails, yet divine and beautiful to watch/read.

I think you'd be surprised how many here read/follow Peterson's work...quite a few that I know of.

I think you'd be surprised how many here read/follow Peterson's work...quite a few that I know of.
    Thanks.

Yeah.. I should clarify here too... When I read my first OP sentence it kind of seemed like it could be taken as put down to the whole genre of Sniper members. It was more just trying to be funny or in a way poking fun at myself in that it's kind of a wee bit off topic to find in a gun forum. Glad to hear people follow him though. If ever there's an opportunity to hear him live again --DO IT!!

Beyond order.jpg

short and sweet example of this work, just a few minutes

Last edited:

I have been following him for almost 20 years...Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief is something I have read more times than I can remember

I have been following him for almost 20 years...Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief is something I have read more times than I can remember

Seeing that you like him,
    have you ever read any of the stuff by Viktor Frankl?
    Also have you watched any of the stuff by Alain de Botton?

Peterson often mentions Frankl's book "Man's Search for Meaning"... written when I believe he was in Auschwitz. Another brilliant book.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Seeing that you like him,
    have you ever read any of the stuff by Viktor Frankl?
    Also have you watched any of the stuff by Alain de Botton?
    I read Man's Search for Meaning many years back. Interesting at the time.