• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Enhanced Bolt

DirtyHarris

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2013
South Louisiana
I recently purchased a JP enhanced bolt, and it fits very loose in every bolt carrier I have tried it in (2 BCM, 2 RCA carriers).
When I say loose, forget about standing the BCG up in the bolt and it remaining extended. I can extend the bolt, shake the BCG, and the bolt drops back.

Is this normal?

As said already, make sure it has a gas ring. But in general yes, JP bolts with their gas ring will feel looser.

From JP:

"After testing numerous minute grind callouts, the final JP Enhanced Gas Rings spec is the perfect balance of a solid gas seal with a very low-friction relationship between rings and bolt carrier. Reducing the resistance between these components directly results in an overall increase in the rifle's operational window while the edge of the rings utilizes the cycling action itself to scrape the walls of the carrier, helping shed fouling with every shot."

I remember on a little pamphlet when I got mine that it says you can't set the BCG on the bolt face to see it falls down as a test for worn gas rings.

Thank you for the replies.
Yes, it does have what appears to be a 1 piece gas ring installed. I was just surprised to see it so loose.

You could try reading the instructions that came with it.

jp_bolt_instructions_001-2432117.jpg

Last edited: