• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Enterprises vs. Larue Tactical

I don't support any company that has policy's that puts my fellow Leo's lives in danger no matter what political climate they live in. Jp on the other hand goes the extra mile for Leo's and citizens. Great company.

unless they are extending that same courtesy (the 'We Got Your Back' program) to the rest of us lowly citizens, then that might also be something to consider when making a decision to purchase a gun.

To me, I don't just purchase an item.. I purchase a company.

Exactly and to companies who support Leo's who risk their lives for the citizens they protect those companies have my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly and to companies who support Leo's who risk their lives for the citizens they protect those companies have my business.

That is your opinion. I believe we'll just have to agree to disagree on some of the finer points in your words, as it is not possible for me to comment further without being a jerk.

I think we both can agree, though, that when it comes to something as a multi-thousand dollar purchase, a smart spender will consider the reputation of the company as well as the product alone.

Yep and jp is a good company. Not sure what you can disagree on Leo's do risk their lives as a trooper in PA was just gunned down by a right wing extremist for doing nothing more than wearing the wrong uniform.

Last edited:
Yep and jp is a good company. Not sure what you can disagree on Leo's do risk their lives as a trooper in PA was just gunned down by a right wing extremist for doing nothing more than wearing the wrong uniform.

I disagree that an Law Enforcement Officer is my protection. An LEO serves as the investigative arm of the judicial system. Investigate crimes, gather evidence, and present it to the DA for prosecution. Hence the title "Law Enforcement Officer" and not "Citizen Protection Officer".

Wearing a badge doesn't grant extra rights.

I do enjoy a good discussion, so maybe we can take this to the PM side of teh house and not clog up this thread.

I think you are misinterpreting what Larue is doing. They are reacting to states restricting weapons to citizens and applying the same rules to LEOs so if you can't buy a rifle without a bullet button as a citizen they wont sell one without it just because your an LEO. Same thing magpul did when they moved out of Colorado.

Yes I'm a LT "fanboy". I'm also prior LEO and current .mil.

Ah but that is not true they still sell to federal Leo's in thaw states because they don't want to lose lucrative contracts They are simply making a political statement by not selling to local Leo's because they know this will get them support from folks like you. Politics aside he is punishing the wrong people. Last I checked cops don't pass laws. I support your right to shop where you want but I am going to do all I can do to have have myself and others boycott any company that puts Leo lives more at risk.

Ah but that is not true they still sell to federal Leo's in thaw states because they don't want to lose lucrative contracts They are simply making a political statement by not selling to local Leo's because they know this will get them support from folks like you. Politics aside he is punishing the wrong people. Last I checked cops don't pass laws. I support your right to shop where you want but I am going to do all I can do to have have myself and others boycott any company that puts Leo lives more at risk.

so just to clear things up, how is LT putting LEO's lives at risk??

I'm a cop. I think it is a huge stretch to say that Larue refusing to sell guns to cops in ban states compromises anyone's safety.

As said, I bought a JP and they gave me a very good discount. They have also promised to give me a loaner gun if I smoke somebody with this gun. Nightforce was going to give me a great deal on a scope but it was a multi month wait. CS Tactical was good enough to honor that price for an in stock scope. I've gotten discounts on a lot of other stuff over the years. I appreciate the generosity displayed by all of those companies. At the same time, I don't expect it and I am not going to be upset if every company does not treat me like a special snowflake just because I'm a cop.

We all have the free will and ability to spend our money where we want with the companies we choose. I don't see why we get into pissing matches over this stuff just vote with your wallet and move on.

P.s. If I had the available coin I would buy a tOBR just to compare it with my jp head to head and sell the looser.

JP, one of the lightest .308s I've shot.

LT, one of the heaviest .308s I've shot.

Man, a lot of you guys are mis-informing other forum members. The Larue PredatAR and the JP LRP 07 with 16" barrels weigh about the same. Please note there is three different Larue rifle offerings, all sporting different weights, for different applications. The same goes for JP. :cool:

Man, a lot of you guys are mis-informing other forum members. The Larue PredatAR and the JP LRP 07 with 16" barrels weigh about the same. Please note there is three different Larue rifle offerings, all sporting different weights, for different applications. The same goes for JP. :cool:

I should have been more specific.

The 18" OBR I shot weighed just a little more than the 18" JP LRP-07 that I owned.

Just to avoid any confusion.

I disagree the end result that some groups want is for all companies to stop selling to law enforcement. So if a cop is out on the street without a weapon or ammo yes it does put his life in danger. Now granted most companies are not that short sighted and as stupid as Larue thank God so its not much of a real threat. But I will vote with my wallet and let others know as well based on his intention. I fully support your right to shop where you want and boycott who you want as well.
Pat

I'm a cop. I think it is a huge stretch to say that Larue refusing to sell guns to cops in ban states compromises anyone's safety.

As said, I bought a JP and they gave me a very good discount. They have also promised to give me a loaner gun if I smoke somebody with this gun. Nightforce was going to give me a great deal on a scope but it was a multi month wait. CS Tactical was good enough to honor that price for an in stock scope. I've gotten discounts on a lot of other stuff over the years. I appreciate the generosity displayed by all of those companies. At the same time, I don't expect it and I am not going to be upset if every company does not treat me like a special snowflake just because I'm a cop.

We all have the free will and ability to spend our money where we want with the companies we choose. I don't see why we get into pissing matches over this stuff just vote with your wallet and move on.

P.s. If I had the available coin I would buy a tOBR just to compare it with my jp head to head and sell the looser.

Last edited:

The PredatAR has a pencil thin barrel and sucks in the accuracy department too so its not really a valid comparison.
Pat

The PredatAR has a pencil thin barrel and sucks in the accuracy department too so its not really a valid comparison.
Pat

You really must be full of BS...

What does JP's lightweight barrel look like?.... pretty fuckin similar! It doesn't matter how it looks like, as long as it shoots, and it does. All Larue rifles come with a test target with their potential, under 1moa. There's plenty of documented examples where they've been capable of hitting 1/2" groups. Does JP offer a test target? Don't worry, I'll wait....

Do you know what I really want? Larue PredatOBR (quick dis-assembly) receivers, GAP barrel, with JP side charger/internals/accessories. :rolleyes:

I disagree that an Law Enforcement Officer is my protection. An LEO serves as the investigative arm of the judicial system. Investigate crimes, gather evidence, and present it to the DA for prosecution. Hence the title "Law Enforcement Officer" and not "Citizen Protection Officer".

Wearing a badge doesn't grant extra rights.

I do enjoy a good discussion, so maybe we can take this to the PM side of teh house and not clog up this thread.

You are soooo right my friend. I have 3 great friends who are LEO and this is what I have heard from them countless times.

Pat

I love people who run their mouth w/o a clue.

Every thread you are involved in is the same...I tend never to get personal but you really need to assess your comments. You are coming across like a complete and utter jack ass to any LT owner or user on this forum.

I'm truly glad you love your JP. I love my LT. The difference is that I don't find the need to validate my belief by trashing someone else's belief. You blab about drinking the LT Kool-Aid. Have you read your comments or is your comprehension that poor.

If you couldn't shoot well with an LT, maybe you should look in the mirror - despite your "training" and profession.

Good shooting. When I was considering the getting the PredatAR, Predatober or SCAR17 I could not get a straight answer on the accuracy from the PredatAR at first and then finally people were talking about groups in the SCAR's range 1.5 to 2 moa. Which made sense for that thin of a barrel. Glad yours is shooting well.
Pat

You are soooo right my friend. I have 3 great friends who are LEO and this is what I have heard from them countless times.

While a lot of what we do is after the fact I have responded to and stopped a number of crimes in progress and I know countless other officers have as well. We are not all plain clothes investigators.
Pat

You really must be full of BS...

What does JP's lightweight barrel look like?.... pretty fuckin similar! It doesn't matter how it looks like, as long as it shoots, and it does. All Larue rifles come with a test target with their potential, under 1moa. There's plenty of documented examples where they've been capable of hitting 1/2" groups. Does JP offer a test target? Don't worry, I'll wait....

Do you know what I really want? Larue PredatOBR (quick dis-assembly) receivers, GAP barrel, with JP side charger/internals/accessories. :rolleyes:
The JP barrel is cryo treated and they have never had to send field grade barrels with their guns. LOL
Pat

The JP barrel is cryo treated and they have never had to send field grade barrels with their guns. LOL
Pat

Right because JP never had to develop a barrel they just went straight from idea to final product over night...

Laure decided to stop using barrels made by other manufacturers and develop their own and they happened to already have a large back order of rifles during this process so yes they sent out field grade barrels for the first batch or two and promised to replace them with the final product so people did not have to continue sitting in line.

I don't see any issue with a company who no longer wants to out source parts on their rifle. Now they can build it all in house where they can better watch QC.

Jp does it right from the start and has been doing it far longer than Larue.

I love people who run their mouth w/o a clue.

Every thread you are involved in is the same...I tend never to get personal but you really need to assess your comments. You are coming across like a complete and utter jack ass to any LT owner or user on this forum.

I'm truly glad you love your JP. I love my LT. The difference is that I don't find the need to validate my belief by trashing someone else's belief. You blab about drinking the LT Kool-Aid. Have you read your comments or is your comprehension that poor.

If you couldn't shoot well with an LT, maybe you should look in the mirror - despite your "training" and profession.

You're making an assumption that my larue did not shoot well or I did not shoot it well and then you made a snide remark about my profession and training. I never brought my profession or training into the discussion. For the record my Larue Stealth shot well. Just my jp shoots better.

Now who is acting like an ass again and who is wearing their feelings on their shirt sleeve. Hint follow your own advice and look in the mirror. We should be able to disagree without the me calling.

Last edited:
Looking back on this I can see how my comments can be offensive to lt owners. I will apologize for the lack of tact but not for the content.

Another thing about jp is the we got your back Leo the purchase program. If a cop has to use his rifle they will replace it free until the case is settled. Larue on the other hand has dropped their Leo discount and stopped selling to Leo's in many areas.

Any LEO who gets bent out of shape because they don't get a discount needs an attitude adjustment. Did I like the discount? Yes, but getting the discount should not be your sole reason for doing business with a vendor. I expect to pay full price at places I go and if they happen to offer a discount, great. If not, so be it, we are capable of paying full price too.

This post screams ARFCOM BS backed up with very little substance to either side of the argument with fan boy drama. Both companies offer some quality components albeit at inflated prices for what they are. They both have earned their reputation that has allowed them to command their asking prices because they have a history of putting out a decent rifle. Ultimately it comes down to needs and specs, but to start arguing the this brand is better than that brand is laughable at best as we are not dealing with two companies that cut corners.

Any LEO who gets bent out of shape because they don't get a discount needs an attitude adjustment. Did I like the discount? Yes, but getting the discount should not be your sole reason for doing business with a vendor. I expect to pay full price at places I go and if they happen to offer a discount, great. If not, so be it, we are capable of paying full price too.

You ASSume. I don't expect a discount. What got me bent out of shape was their policy to cut leo's off who are behind enemy lines. As for the discount if one company offers me one and another does not who do you think is more likely to get my business all other things being equal. And in JP's case its better. JP supports LEO's with their We got your back program and they offer a discount. That support along with great products earns loyal customers. As for paying full prices frankly put many cops make poverty level wages. 2 of our guys qualify for reduced school lunch programs for their kids due to their income level.

Pat

This post screams ARFCOM BS backed up with very little substance to either side of the argument with fan boy drama. Both companies offer some quality components albeit at inflated prices for what they are. They both have earned their reputation that has allowed them to command their asking prices because they have a history of putting out a decent rifle. Ultimately it comes down to needs and specs, but to start arguing the this brand is better than that brand is laughable at best as we are not dealing with two companies that cut corners.

Post of the thread!

Pat

You know what's funny,

1. You believe everything that JP says! I don't think you and I have/will ever noticed the difference between a cryo treated barrel and one without it.
2. I was getting 3/4"-1" groups with my field barrel, before I tore it apart! Call it what you want, but the field barrels still left Larue shooting under 1 moa. Does JP offer a test target that shows under 1 moa shooting with their barrels? Don't worry, I'll wait....;)

Katt Williams-iraq - YouTube

Wow that was an interesting read. I have met Mark Larue and he was very nice. John Paul is a good friend of mine. I have shot both their rifles extensively. Both took some tweaking to get right. I prefer JP but I'm also biased in the sense I am on his shooting team.

If any of you ever find yourself in AL and want to try out the JP LRP-07 in 260 or 308 you can shoot it out to 725 yards.

I agree but unfortunately only one person is doing what you are saying. I don't believe that anyone trashed JP. I didn't say ANYTHING about JP positive or negative.....because I never handled one.

The OP asked a legitimate question. The flames began when incredibly asinine statements were made. Such as....

Pat

This is the most ridiculous statement of this thread, especially since he said he owned one. Did he just dismiss the test target or is that made up by LT to perpetuate the myth?

The reality is that I have learned a lot from the fine people here. People that have legit questions have a right to GOOD information. That is why we frequent this forum. When people provide blatantly incorrect information to someone, I call BS on that otherwise the usefulness of this forum becomes degraded.

Wow this is just DUMBASS... Entitled, childish. Bet you're the kind of cop that likes to throw his weight around and hates it when folks don't comply to everything you say huh?

Please go back to arfcom...

You ASSume. I don't expect a discount. What got me bent out of shape was their policy to cut leo's off who are behind enemy lines. As for the discount if one company offers me one and another does not who do you think is more likely to get my business all other things being equal. And in JP's case its better. JP supports LEO's with their We got your back program and they offer a discount. That support along with great products earns loyal customers. As for paying full prices frankly put many cops make poverty level wages. 2 of our guys qualify for reduced school lunch programs for their kids due to their income level.

Pat

As for those inaccurate piece of shit larue rifles that have field grade barrels.....pic one is 5 shots, pic 2 is 10 shots.

1zexs1v.jpg
34e7329.jpg

The simple truth is both JP and LT are great rifles that are expensive. JP has an advantage in total customization. You can put an adjustable gas block on it and tailor fit your gas to your load with or without a suppressor. LT has a switch, which is generically set to accommodate most loads with and without a suppressor. They do not offer an end-user adjustable gas block. If you can't get your LT to run you have to mess with springs, buffers or hand loads to compensate. This is the one major selling point between the two rifles in my opinion. The rest is a wash.

As for who deserves a discount give me a break. It will be the citizenry that saves this country from its worst enemy.

Last edited:
As for those inaccurate piece of shit larue rifles that have field grade barrels.....pic one is 5 shots, pic 2 is 10 shots.

1zexs1v.jpg
34e7329.jpg

The simple truth is both JP and LT are great rifles that are expensive. JP has an advantage in total customization. You can put an adjustable gas block on it and tailor fit your gas to your load with or without a suppressor. LT has a switch, which is generically set to accommodate most loads with and without a suppressor. They do not offer an end-user adjustable gas block. If you can't get your LT to run you have to mess with springs, buffers or hand loads to compensate. This is the one major selling point between the two rifles in my opinion. The rest is a wash.

As for who deserves a discount give me a break. It will be the citizenry that saves this country from its worst enemy.

As for who deserves a discount that is up to JP and Larue.
I am not sure what you are talking about by the worst enemy but LEO's are part of the citizenry and we are out there on a daily basis risking our lives for the communities in which we serve and apparently JP respects that. They don't have to offer a discount but I appreciate that they do and given the choice I will spend my money at companies who support LEO's. I also support companies that support the shooting sports and JP is a big sponsor of three gun.
Pat

Last edited:
Again no reading comprehension skills. Never said I owned a PredatAR. I will say one thing Larue Fan Boys wear their feelings on their shirt sleeve.
Pat

Oh...I guess you're right. Since the OP asked about an LT OBR and you posted....

Who in the hell told you that Larue holds its value better than JP? That is false. JP's hold their value very well and are very popular for a reason. I would take a JP over a Larue any day of the week and I have owned both. At the end of the day I would much rather buy from an honorable man like John Paul than someone like Mark Larue.

I should have noted that you don't own a PredatAR.....my apologies.

So then why do you bash a gun you never owned????

Actually, I really wish you the greatest luck in your endeavors. What you own or do or expect from OEMs makes little difference to me.

As I said, my only reason for saying anything is all about the distorted information that you post. It wouldn't matter whether you said it about LT, HK, Khales, USO or any other brand I own and support. Your distortions required a counterpoint.

You later apologized for it which was the right thing to do. Thanks for that and have a good day

I was really looking hard at the PredatAR and the SCAR and ended up going with the SCAR and that was before I knew about how good JP .308's were. Not that happy with the SCAR either but thats another thread. One thing is for sure people do defend their gun choices to the point of high emotion at times.
Anyway take care yourself. Maybe things can simmer down.
Pat

Oh...I guess you're right. Since the OP asked about an LT OBR and you posted....

I should have noted that you don't own a PredatAR.....my apologies.

So then why do you bash a gun you never owned????

Actually, I really wish you the greatest luck in your endeavors. What you own or do or expect from OEMs makes little difference to me.

As I said, my only reason for saying anything is all about the distorted information that you post. It wouldn't matter whether you said it about LT, HK Khales, USO or any other brand I own and support. Your distortions required a counterpoint.

You later apologized for it which was the right thing to do. Thanks for that and have a good day

Wow this is just DUMBASS... Entitled, childish. Bet you're the kind of cop that likes to throw his weight around and hates it when folks don't comply to everything you say huh?

Please go back to arfcom...

Hey pot... this is kettle calling. Let's not turn this into another cop bashing thread...

I was really looking hard at the PredatAR and the SCAR and ended up going with the SCAR and that was before I knew about how good JP .308's were. Not that happy with the SCAR either but thats another thread. One thing is for sure people do defend their gun choices to the point of high emotion at times.
Anyway take care yourself. Maybe things can simmer down.
Pat

Emotions typically run high anytime you are passionate about a subject....cars, watches, guns...you name it. You think it gets bad here; try HK PRO. Although I love HKs and own a few, I once posted a negative opinion about a rifle. You would have thought I broke a commandment

Things always simmer down. Good people make up this forum.

Hey pot... this is kettle calling. Let's not turn this into another cop bashing thread...

Hey Nick, not sure how you derived that this was about bashing cops... but it's not. You are the one essentially moving it that direction.

So how about we both agree to drop it and move on.

You ASSume. I don't expect a discount. What got me bent out of shape was their policy to cut leo's off who are behind enemy lines.
Pat

I didn't know you were 'operating' in Baghdad. Kunar, perhaps?

You do realize that a PA trooper was shot and killed recently. We lost 2 troopers in my state earlier this year. So if your arrogant enough or stupid enough to think cops face no risk then your not worth the oxygen your stealing from the rest of us. Also I have great respect for the members of the military but Leo's are serving the country to just have a different mission.

You do realize that many see you as a "right wing extremist" for merely posting anything in this forum. Or, for that matter, how you choose to cast your vote. The troopers in PA were gunned down by a spineless murdering piece of human shit. Nothing more.
As for JP v. LT ranting going on here, I just wish all of you would haul your asses back to ARFCOM.
Maybe you guys should have a "My POS is better than your POS" match somewhere and just settle this stupid ass argument once and for all.
Now, you can all post bad shit about me for a while and maybe forget what you were originally being "children" about.
No wonder Frank took his chance to dump this thing!