• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

JP LRP-07 BCG sticking

Roslyn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Was shooting for the first time this afternoon a new JP upper in 6.5 Creedmoor, sitting on a JP LRP-07 lower. When I pulled the side charging handle back, the BCG would retreat out of battery as it should, all the way back, but on releasing the charging handle the BCG remained stuck in place. This didn't happen on a prior JP upper fixed to the same lower, also in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Further, on those occasions when the BCG did retreat properly and then move forward with release of the charging handle, and get caught by the bolt catch, when I hit the bolt catch paddle to release the bolt so it could go into battery, the BCG would often also remain fixed in place. Experimenting with this situation on an empty magazine and empty chamber, and safety off, if I pulled the trigger the bolt assembly would move into battery properly.

Any thought what might be causing this? I sent an email to JP, but it being the weekend no reply yet, so thought to post up here. Would appreciate any suggestions for how to diagnose.

Thank you.

Seems there is some interest in this given the number of views on the original post. Looks like the hammer pin broke, or one end broke, which put the hammer off center randomly resulting in the BCG binding from time to time. That likely also explains why pulling the trigger, which causes the hammer to move, results in the BCG releasing and moving forward normally.

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
If nothing else, thanks for coming back and posting the cause and solution of the issue!

Nothing more frustrating than searching an issue and OP disappears or worse just posts “got it solved thanks” and doesn’t give details.

Reactions: LG65CM