• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07

Firehouse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Alabama
Well, I finally got it in hand. Set it up with a Springfield Armory 3rd Gen Gov't 7.62mm 4-14x56mm scope. Next up, to the range.

IMG_3566-1.jpg

Re: JP LRP-07

Very cool!! Be interested to hear how it shoots.

Nice stick. Check out the JP interior fit/finish. The upper/lower fit is prom date tight.

It's fairly light weight, shoots softly, little groups. Don't forget a lot of 3-gun guys shoot JP's, you may want a 1-6X or 1-8X using QD mounts. Mine started with a 1.5-6X, but now it's wearing a 1.8-10X. You're going to be spoiled.

Good for you, man. Happy shooting.

May want to push the scope forward for proper eye relief and move the bipod forward for better stability.

My JP LRP07 shoots lights out, no doubt yours will to if run properly.

I'm a short guy, 5'9". I have it set up so I could grab the bi-pod with my left hand and slide it left or right. I may have to adjust the scope somewhat. Thanks for the advice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May want to push the scope forward for proper eye relief and move the bipod forward for better stability.

My JP LRP07 shoots lights out, no doubt yours will to if run properly. </div></div>

Not everybody has the same eye relief. As weird as it is if you look at the eye relief on my GAP it's almost the same. It sucks because it's hard for others to shoot with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May want to push the scope forward for proper eye relief and move the bipod forward for better stability.

My JP LRP07 shoots lights out, no doubt yours will to if run properly. </div></div>

Not everybody has the same eye relief. As weird as it is if you look at the eye relief on my GAP it's almost the same. It sucks because it's hard for others to shoot with it. </div></div>

Trust me I know how eye relief works and what it means to individuals and different scope types. I commonly instruct people who arrive with horribly setup optics on rifles. Part of my job is to setup a rifle properly to the person in such classes.

If your (Broker) optic is so far back on a weapon with the same LOP I would be very surprised if it were properly setup. If so, my guess is that something is wrong in your setup. Considering LOP and proper ER.... there arent many LR optics that require so much setback on the top rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a short guy, 5'9". I have it set up so I could grab the bi-pod with my left hand and slide it left or right. I may have to adjust the scope somewhat. Thanks for the advice. </div></div>

Im 5'9" on a good day. Adjust scope after LOP and then to eye for proper ER.

Mine likes the 123gr. bullets. Shoots SMKs and Amaxes equally well. As for the eye relief and bipod location you might want to listen to knight. The LRP07 is heavy but light enough in prone to be picked up and adjusted with your rear hand only. No need to grab the bipod and will be much more stable in the forward position.

On the bullets, mine is .260.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, knight is 5'8" on a good day with boots on........ </div></div>

Agreed lol..... and agreed that mine prefers 123SMKs at just under 2900.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, knight is 5'8" on a good day with boots on........ </div></div>

standing on a step stool as well
laugh.gif

Very nice stick, would like to see a range report when you can. I have to save some more to get on but i think it will be worth it. MM

For Knight, so you think I should just move the scope base forward a few notches? I haven't sited it in yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May want to push the scope forward for proper eye relief and move the bipod forward for better stability.

Not everybody has the same eye relief. As weird as it is if you look at the eye relief on my GAP it's almost the same. It sucks because it's hard for others to shoot with it. </div></div>

Trust me I know how eye relief works and what it means to individuals and different scope types. I commonly instruct people who arrive with horribly setup optics on rifles. Part of my job is to setup a rifle properly to the person in such classes.

If your (Broker) optic is so far back on a weapon with the same LOP I would be very surprised if it were properly setup. If so, my guess is that something is wrong in your setup. Considering LOP and proper ER.... there arent many LR optics that require so much setback on the top rail.
</div></div>

PM sent Ryan...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For Knight, so you think I should just move the scope base forward a few notches? I haven't sited it in yet. </div></div>

Based upon just looking at your setup you may need to move it forward a bit. It really depends on you and the optic. Every optic has a different eye relief but generally they are in the same general range.

Get behind the rifle (how you plan to shoot it, bench or prone or whatever), keep your eye closed as you move into position and fit the rifle to yourself. Then open your eye, see if you have a clear view down the optic. There should be no scope shadow in you FOV.

If you open your eye and all is well then leave the scope where it is, if you have scope shadow then you will need to adjust the scope forward or back. Most people dont take the time to properly set up an optic. They just mount it and run it. Doing that makes you conform to the rifle and optic rather then setting up the rifle to suit you.

The goal is to be able to get into position on the optic the same every time, with having to search for proper eye relief.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For Knight, so you think I should just move the scope base forward a few notches? I haven't sited it in yet. </div></div>

Based upon just looking at your setup you may need to move it forward a bit. It really depends on you and the optic. Every optic has a different eye relief but generally they are in the same general range.

Get behind the rifle (how you plan to shoot it, bench or prone or whatever), keep your eye closed as you move into position and fit the rifle to yourself. Then open your eye, see if you have a clear view down the optic. There should be no scope shadow in you FOV.

If you open your eye and all is well then leave the scope where it is, if you have scope shadow then you will need to adjust the scope forward or back. Most people dont take the time to properly set up an optic. They just mount it and run it. Doing that makes you conform to the rifle and optic rather then setting up the rifle to suit you.

The goal is to be able to get into position on the optic the same every time, with having to search for proper eye relief. </div></div>

I will give it a shot. Thanks.