• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP LRP-07H Long Range Precision Hunting Rifle Review

DocGlenn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2006
North Georgia
I finally got a chance to put some rounds through my JP over the past few weekends and thought I would pass on my impressions. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this rifle, and it has surpassed my expectations. I ordered the rifle from JP after Sandy Hook, thought it would be my last chance to get a .308 AR. I went through the break-in procedure recommended by JP using some old FMJ I had. I had a good feeling about the rifle when I was getting close to MOA groups from the FMJ.
I was digging around and found some REALLY OLD FGMM I had forgotten that I even had. This stuff had to be 20 years old, but it had been stored well, was clean, and figured this would be the time to use it up. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the scope I put on it, just because it was in the drawer, was an even older Shepherd (GASP, yes a Shepherd scope). During the barrel break-in, the brass was getting chewed up pretty good, so I reduced gas flow and that served to minimize brass damage and felt recoil seemed to be reduced as well. The more I shot it, the better it got!
I don't have the photos to prove it, but the really old FGMM and the even older Shepherd-GASP-scope shot sub-MOA at 100 and 200 yards, so I pick up some Australian Outback ammo (168gr SMK bullets) from the LGS since that was the closest thing to match ammo that they had and give it a try. It shot really well also, no trouble to get sub MOA if I did my part. Every time in shot this rifle I was not only impressed with its accuracy, but also how EASY it was to shoot accurately. I'm no great shooter, and I don't have any formal training, but this rifle really makes me smile.
I backed up to 300 yards to test the rifle, ammo, and Shepherd-GASP-BDC reticle. Got prone, put the 300 yd cross-hair on the plate and got a good hit and after 3 more shots, another MOA group! The reticle was off a little, the group was about 2 inches high, but it was close and I was really wanting to try it out at 4,5, & 600 yards.
I was able to make it down to Gunsite Hills to increase the yardage some (it's really hard to find a place around NE GA to shoot more than 300 yards). The first shot at 300 was (just like at home), a little high using the Shepherd-GASP-BDC. I get set-up on the 400 yard steel with the 400 yard crosshair and get a dead center hit. The reticle caused me to hit a little high at 5 & 600 yards, but the rifle grouped well and after a little aiming adjustment, I was able to hit every time out to 650 yards. I know that's no big deal to a lot of you, but it was really cool for me since I don't get to shoot past 300 yards more than once or twice a year.
I can't say enough good things about the JP. I haven't found anything about it I don't like. I've never had any type of malfunction, and it is really a lot of fun to shoot. I'd really like to see what it would be like with a nice scope, and I've got to get start working up a load for it now that I have some brass.

Link to to rifle:
http://jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07H.php

Last edited: