• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP LRP-07H rifle with pictures and questions

pirate6134

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2014
I really wanted an accurate autoloader in 308/7.62 and after checking into all available factory rifles I decided upon the JP LRP-07H. The H model had all the options I wanted and it was priced right so I went ahead and purchased it. I put a NF scope on it and absolutely love this scope - it was expensive but buy once cry once.
The rifle does shoot within 1 MOA with the FGMM 168 gr sierra load.

Can anyway recommend another factory load the rifle might like?

Also, when I bought the rifle I was considering adding a supressor and would like recommendations on what to buy. Would a supressor effect the POI??

Any other comments anyone might have on this rifle appreciated.

Thanks

Al

Attachments

• JP1.jpg
    JP1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
  • JP2.jpg
    JP2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16
  • JP3.jpg
    JP3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15
I have a JP LRP-07 and it also loves BUFFALO BORE 175gr Sniper Load and it also loves Southwest Ammunition 175gr Premium Load. By the way CONGRATS and welcome to the club.

My LRP07 really likes 175SMK ammo also. Both factory (Black Hills & Fed GMM) as well as hand loads over 43.5gr of Varget. Mine shoots 1/2-3/4 moa if I do my part. You might want to try some 175's and see how they do.

Suppressors will generally change your POI to some degree and may increase or decrease accuracy. I've never shot my LRP07 with a suppressor.

Congrats on your new rifle! Great choice!

Mine shoots the new Australian Outback 168SMK loads sub-moa. Take a few minutes to adjust your gas block when you get a chance. Mine was chewing up brass pretty badly before I reduced the gas flow. Now it has a softer recoil and the brass is in much better shape. I was hitting steel with mine at 600yds every time with and old 10X scope, you should do very well with the NF. Congrats on a really nice rifle!

You might try Hornady factory loads. My MWS loves Hornady 155gr and 168gr amax factory loads.

+1 Hornady 168gr Amax is even better than the 168gr FGMM. Both are well within sub-MOA for 5-shot groups. This is with a JP-built LR-308.

So far I've only fired Federal gold metal match 168 gr through mine. At under .5 moa it performs well.
Also have a bunch of of gold metal match 175 gr and a few boxes of Black Hills match 175 gr I'm planning to try.

Congrats on the JP !

I just got the LRP-07 does anyone have the chrono speeds for the 18 inch barrel using 168

I'm getting 2650FPS +/- 15fps with 168smk and 44.3gr of varget in LC brass.

Here's my new LRP-07h. Just waiting for my PRS to come in then duracoat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
Here's my new LRP-07h. Just waiting for my PRS to come in then duracoat

Nice stick! The PRS stock will look great when it comes in and is installed and painted. The cheek riser adjustment on the PRS will be handy to get you positioned properly behind the rifle with your scope mounted as in your pic.

I've asked John numerous times why they use that Ace stock on such an otherwise magnificent precision gas rifle.....seems a PRS or other precision buttstock should come standard on a LRP07 or PSC12.

Range

Went to range to do a little shooting overall very please with it. I feel like I'll get better once I can get better cheek weld.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 12
Those damn JP's can't shoot worth a shit, lol. Congrats and very glad you are happy although I have never met or heard of anyone who was not happy with their JP, I love mine more than my wife. Just a little more.

I too run a LRP-07H except I added a few upgrades to it (silent capture, heat sink, UBR stock). I intend to run a 7.62 silencerco saker on it when I my stamp comes back.

It does great with a 168 amax over 43 varget with handloads. It did pretty well with FGMM as well but I have primarily only used handloads.

Those damn JP's can't shoot worth a shit, lol. Congrats and very glad you are happy although I have never met or heard of anyone who was not happy with their JP, I love mine more than my wife. Just a little more.

duh

I'd part with the wife before I'd part with the rifles. just kiddin, well kind of.

Is that the mark 6? Looks like a good fit for that rifle

Mk 6, 3-18x.

Here is the "problem" JP owners face: Do you go 16", 1-8X or 10X run and gun, or 20", PRS, big scope, long range?

Shoots softly, highly accurate, reasonably priced and actually can own one before you grow old and die. No machine marks, no shitty fit, silky smooth.

Good luck.

That was my problem to a tea, I was not sure if I wanted a sniper set-up or run and gun but what made me finally decide was the fact that I live in Michigan and it is hard enough to find a range out to 300 yards much less 1000 yards and also I was thinking of 3-gun competition one day but who has the time and plus there is no where close by that does 3-gun shooting that I am aware of. But either way as long as it is a JP Rifle it doesn't matter you are going to be one happy SOB.

Congrats on the JP. I went with the H model too, but did add silent capture spring and thermal dissipator.

When they came out with the rapid config handguard for the LRP-07, I added that too.

Mine really seems to prefer 168gr match ammo over FGMM 175gr. Have had nice results with AE 168gr OTM, Privi 168gr Match and Hornady 168gr Match.

jysube4u.jpg

I ordered the ready rifle which is the lrp7h came with case, scope mount and already configured. I had it a week after I ordered it.