• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP MR-10

MJY65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011
Minnesota
It looks like a pretty neat rifle, but I rarely see anything mentioned about them.

I ran a search on this but only came up with one thread about a year old. Any updates on how these are doing? Owners that are happy or unhappy with them?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: JP MR-10

I have the chassi and I will tell you it is top notch just like anything JP.

That's great to hear. I'm considering the complete rifle and just wondering how it compares to some of the other rifles of comparable price like GAP, etc.

I liked the amcs chassis so much I bought a second one. The design to me was perfect especially if you like using a rear monopod.

4b3d322e.jpg

2b4a0a6e.jpg

JP isn't a sexy name in the world of custom bolt guns which is why you don't hear much about them. Most guys will opt for the GAP / TacOps / BlackOps offerings at that price point and how can you blame them?

I had the JP chassis. It was nice but I believe there are better options unless you want an AR feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mirnyx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP isn't a sexy name in the world of custom bolt guns which is why you don't hear much about them. Most guys will opt for the GAP / TacOps / BlackOps offerings at that price point and how can you blame them? </div></div>

Based on the number that seem to be in use, I would have to agree. Is it the more traditional styling of the brands you mentioned that shooters find more appealing? Better accuracy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJY65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it the more traditional styling of the brands you mentioned that shooters find more appealing? Better accuracy? </div></div>

Styling could be a factor or even resell value. When the average person is dropping $3000+ on a rifle, they want to buy from a proven builder. While JP makes solid products they simply aren't known for building bolt guns.