• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP MR-10

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I've been seriously considering one but been hesitant to pull the trigger. (exuse the pun)
28alwtt.jpg

Re: JP MR-10

I have seen the JP Chassis used on some builds around here, and I have shot a 7mm-08 equipped with the chassis. The chassis itself isn't bad, but for the money, I'd just prefer other options on the market personally.

I can't comment on the value-for-money or specific aspects of the complete JP rifles...but $4k for the basic model seems a bit on the steep side to me considering what $4k gets you in a custom rifle these days!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@ redirt78
Actually I was thinking about using it as hammer.
Thanks for the unwelcome and unhelpful sarcasm - What a jackass
</div></div>

Little thin skin..??

The JP does well and can be had in any of a number of configurations.

If you go with the 591SA you might need to watch the bolt handle.

No not thin skinned, I just hate rediculous answeres to legitimate questions. If I ask an honest question the polite thing to do is to give an honest ansewer; don't you agree? I just don't want my time wasted...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not thin skinned, I just hate rediculous answeres to legitimate questions. If I ask an honest question the polite thing to do is to give an honest ansewer; don't you agree? I just don't want my time wasted... </div></div>

Perhaps it was also intended to be funny.....

That being said, get behind one and see how she drives. thye do have the "advantage" of multiple fore ends if you want to shoot F-Class

I love the look and apparent ergonomics of this rifle, although I have not had the opportunity to handle one.

I called JP Rifles to get some info on it last year when they were calling it the MOR-07 (the MOR-10 looks the same, so I'm not sure what differentiates it). At the time, they said it came with a Stiller action and Lija barrel (I don't know if this is still the case). However, the guy I spoke to didn't really seem to know much about it and was more interested in selling me one of their AR-10s. This made me a bit uneasy considering their asking price, so I decided to wait and see if caught on at all.

It's definitely priced like a premium custom, but there just doesn't seem to be any information, tests or reviews for it that I can find.

If I had the opportunity to shoot one, and if it shot as good as it looks, I would definitely buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not thin skinned, I just hate rediculous answeres to legitimate questions. If I ask an honest question the polite thing to do is to give an honest ansewer; don't you agree? I just don't want my time wasted... </div></div>

you've been here not even 2 months and you're blowing up on folks already? just get over useless comments of you'll never find a thread that WON'T make you mad here, or any other forum.

There was a review of it in either the January or Feb issue of Rifle Firepower magazine. Cant remember which month but its featured on the front cover. Also dont remember the details of the review but the author really liked it.

I have to ask what people see in this rifle that would cause them to buy it over offerings from well known bolt gun smiths? You could buy an AIAE, GAP, BlackOps Precision, or several other customs that have a proven track record for similar money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mirnyx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to ask what people see in this rifle that would cause them to buy it over offerings from well known bolt gun smiths? You could buy an AIAE, GAP, BlackOps Precision, or several other customs that have a proven track record for similar money.

</div></div>

If its a JP product its amongst the best money can buy. I doubt this rifle is any different. I reaaly like the GAP bolt guns though

there was a review on this set up in the new rifle firepower magazine a few months back and it recieved very good scores.

they seemed very pleased with the accuracy and the chassis system. the article states a very good, very solid platform for tactical use or match.

considering the jp's i have seen in the past if i had the finances i wouldnt hesitate. i do agree there are probably other options out there that will perform right along side this rifle if not outperform it. but always remember the gun stops at the trigger the guy behind it can make all the difference

good luck man and if you do pick one up id love to see your results. good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stinger78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its a JP product its amongst the best money can buy. I doubt this rifle is any different. I reaaly like the GAP bolt guns though</div></div>

No doubt JP makes good products. I've owned many, including their bolt gun chassis. With that said, JP doesn't specialize in bolt guns. There's virtually no user feedback to draw upon so a person is buying this rifle based on reputation from another platform. That's what I find interesting when there are so many proven rifles to choose from at this price point.