• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Silent Capture Spring in KAC SR-25 - Problem!

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I love my JP SCS’s and put them in almost all of my rifles.

I just received one for my new “heavy frame” AR-10 / SR-25 ACC that I picked up this past Friday. I went to install it and it's coming up about 1/2-inch or so SHORT of the Buffer Detent Pin in the buffer tube. I ordered a few, and this is the correct model, I believe (see pic below).

The SCS comes with a polyester extension insert for long tubes, so I COULD cut that down and probably make it work, but is there an alternative?

JPSCS2_01.jpeg

They sell a A5 insert that would probably fit. In the meantime you could probably toss a couple of quarters there.

Reactions: TheHorta
    You shouldnt run a detent pin with the SCS. As far as making up that distance, drop quarters ddown the buffer tube and reinstall SCS

Reactions: TheHorta
    The "Quarter Trick" worked perfectly! It took about 10-12 of them. Now my $10,000.00 rifle is worth $10,002.50. :p

I can't remove the Detent Pin because I don't have a tool that will remove the KAC nut so I can loosen the buffer tube (it's not a normal Castle Nut). There's only modest pressure on the pin from the SCS, so I'm OK with running it this way until I can remove it. I'll probably try cutting the length on the long tube spacer JP provides with the SCS and swap it with the quarters.

Thanks gents!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: theLBC