• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes JPJ1 Reticle ?'s

rem700man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
phoenix, AZ
I have a SN4 with the JPJ1 ret and I have the break down of what the reticle is based off of. I mainly shoot 75-77 grain bullets out of my .223.

Does anyone have any info on how this reticle works. It has to be calibrated for some sort of ammo I just cant figure it out. I called USO and they werent real sure on what it matches to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: JPJ1 Reticle ?'s

Don't quote me on this but IIRC the JPJ1 reticle is calibrated for 75/77 grain ammo probably FGMM speed. The center dot is a 100 yd zero and the 2,4,6,8 hashes are yardage holds. The width of the hash marks is supposed to represent torso width at that distance for ranging.

Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some discussion on this thread:

SN4 ranging question

Bob </div></div>

That ansewers some of my questions as far as ranging goes. Im more intrested in any ballistic info that the reticle may have. I guess Im assuming that it has a BDC built in. That may not be the case.

Mikey mikey mikey.....

Zero the top of the "T" at 100 and the rest matches M193's profile pretty well. The Big dot is for inside 50.

See ya in the morning.

I thought I read somewhere that it matches M855 balistics (in meters?), but can't locate that now? I zeroed M193 @ 300 yards, and it hits a little high @ 100 and 200 yards. Haven't done any >300 yard testing.

Cheers,

Bill

zero it and then shoot your drop points on the reticle and see how many inches or MOA it drops from the zero and then compare it to your trajectory chart.

AFAIK no USO MK 12 Mod X/Mk262 Mod X reticle exists.

I just got the JNG in 2 scopes - 1 fixed 10X, and one 1.5-6. It has a mil scale reticle, numbered like a GAP reticle, as well as a circle.

I thought about popping for a MK 12/Mk262 reticle on this last set of USO builds but did not.

Talked to the Alcan folks about it too - they do not have a reticle calibrated to the Mk 12/Mk 262 combo and were not interested in making one.

I'm gonna try memorizing the come-ups later today with the 1.5-6 using the mil scale reticle on my Mk 12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the M855 the Green tip ammo? If so that is what it is supposed to be calibrated for out of a carbine length barrel.
John III </div></div>

M855 is the 62 gn green tip. I wasn't sure what velocity/barrel, so thank you, John!

Consequently, I'm thinking M855, in Meters, from the carbine length barrel. And I love that scope as an "all-around" for the AR - USO Rocks!

Mine's mounted in Larue SPR 1.93, and with above noted 300 yd/M193 zero (on the "3"), my 25M hold is the "4" crosshair on the JPJ1 (w/M193).

Photo, w/Monday night's 25M target:

Cheers,

Bill

As JBWIII said, M855 spec'd reticle for the M855 62fmjbt steel core at 3050fps. You can clone the load with 62fmjbt's just make sure you are chronoing at 10' and get 3050fps so you can match the reticle.
The other thread has the right dope for zeroeing with the older M193 55fmjbt