• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

June all-time record for NICS checks!

Racer88

Firearms Pedant
Minuteman
  • Nov 10, 2018
    ShaZAM! Hot off the NICS (firearms background check system) presses! June weighs in at an all-time record of 3.93 MILLION background checks! That's not just a June record. That's an all-time record for ANY month! Funny.... on one of my gun forums, I boldly predicted 4 million for June. I was close!

So, for 2020 Year-to-date.... only half-way through the year, and we've sold more guns than ANY year (for the entire year) up through 2011 and almost equaled 2012.

NICS-2020-through-June.jpg

That's impressive, considering the lack of inventory at some stores.

I believe it.

Had to literally wait two days for an NCIS check on a firearm purchase last week. My state doesn’t have any mandatory waiting periods. There was a line out the door, around the building of people either waiting to submit their paperwork for the checks or to pick up their firearms after the checks came back.

That’s how backed up it was. Lots of first time buyers driving the surge. Hopefully this translates to more trump voters in November now that a whole bunch more folks have some skin in the game when it comes to the 2A...

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    3.19 million/month for the last six months. 19.1 million+ guns sold.

I wonder what percentage are used, meaning no new net guns, just lateral. Or, how many were more than one gun purchase. I've impulsed bought a second gun just because I was getting a check done on the one I came for. 🤠

Reactions: powdahound76
    I stopped by the local toy store back in may, there was a 15 person line outside the store. Shelves were pretty much bare inside. Thought Obama was the all-time best gun salesman. Who would have thought a virus could drive firearm sales like this?

I stopped by the local toy store back in may, there was a 15 person line outside the store. Shelves were pretty much bare inside. Thought Obama was the all-time best gun salesman. Who would have thought a virus could drive firearm sales like this?

Greentop in Ashland Virginia has beaucoups of firearms. Isles and isles of damn near anything you could want.

Reactions: wh20crazy
    Some of those sales are incoming.......not all will be outgoing.

Friend has LGS and just had his best month ever. Lots of new buyers. He's been complaining about increasing difficulty getting new inventory but now looks like that's been exhausted. Also can't get any ammo so looking at reducing hours/employees.

I had a 4473 "delayed" for the first time in my life last week. Applied last Thursday, and didn't get approved until this Monday. It was disturbing...

Greentop in Ashland Virginia has beaucoups of firearms. Isles and isles of damn near anything you could want.

Greentop is one of my favorite gun shops. Still the largest gun shop I've ever been in. I could spend hours there, if my wife let me.

Reactions: wh20crazy
    How long before the gov is worried about these skyrocketing arms buys and cuts it off, claiming something to the effect of due to the uptick of the pandemic and riots and so forth, blah blah is no longer being sold and no longer legal. Yes, who will enforce it? I dunno but I feel like it’s coming. You know those in charge have got to be worried.

I filled one out today and was told it’s taking three to four days to run BGC’s and they’ll call me when I can pick up my property.

I don't understand.

Dont consider everyone buying an America loving Patriot.

Obama sold us a bunch of guns..........is Trump now selling guns to those that feel opposite of us but feel our pain of 6 years ago?

Reactions: RTH1800
    Regardless of people’s political affiliation, people feeling the need to own a firearm is ultimately good for all of us, as it means people are starting to realize why the second amendment is needed and that government taking your rights should not be tolerated. It might mean that we don’t have so many rabid gun control proponents in the future and they will at least vote for more gun friendly democrats.

Regardless of people’s political affiliation, people feeling the need to own a firearm is ultimately good for all of us, as it means people are starting to realize why the second amendment is needed and that government taking your rights should not be tolerated. It might mean that we don’t have so many rabid gun control proponents in the future and they will at least vote for more gun friendly democrats.

Agreed.

The hypocrisy of the left in this regard is laughable.

This data needs to be broken down into specific firearm though to determine which side is buying.

If its a bunch of KACs well I guess @TheGerman is in business and we are amongst friends.

If its a bunch of SKS or HiPoints well than the John Brown Gun Club is arming up.

Reactions: jphil108
    Sales are not driven by the virus, per se, but by the Commies/Dems and their media AND the virus they created to bring down Trump and to prevail in November.
    When impeachment failed, they kicked in the virus pandemic to bring down Trump.
    This should be exceedingly clear considering that Trump rallies are condemned as COVID spreading events, but riots are OK.
    Yes, I believe that the virus issue is being used by the Commies/Dems and their media to bring down Trump.
    Watch how fast the pandemic goes away when Joe and the Politburo are brought to power.

On the other hand, the Lawyer and his wife with guns standing off the mob is a major milestone event in my opinion.
    It has shown the world that people are not going to put up with this Leftist attempt to destroy America and Capitalism.
    Note that the closing of CHOP happened almost immediately after this little "brandishing" event.

Dumbass Lefties are not fond of being shot. That is the message.

Agreed.

The hypocrisy of the left in this regard is laughable.

This data needs to be broken down into specific firearm though to determine which side is buying.

If its a bunch of KACs well I guess @TheGerman is in business and we are amongst friends.

If its a bunch of SKS or HiPoints well than the John Brown Gun Club is arming up.
    Having worked in a gun shop and range, I can tell you that the management and I would "profile" customers and if they were determined to be Lefties, we would find a way to ignore or discourage them from buying guns. Maybe that is just one gun shop.
    Online sales are different as nobody can tell the political or ideology of a customer from email.

All the gun shops around here prominently display TRUMP flags and signs. That is a signal for any Lefties to GTFO. Of course, I live in Alabama.

On the other hand, the Lawyer and his wife with guns standing off the mob is a major milestone event in my opinion.
    It has shown the world that people are not going to put up with this Leftist attempt to destroy America and Capitalism.
    Note that the closing of CHOP happened almost immediately after this little "brandishing" event.

Dumbass Lefties are not fond of being shot. That is the message.

Those peeps were okay with everything going on up to the moment it impacted their gated world.

The left is going to have to come up with an IFF program.

@pmclaine My June purchase was a Garand from CMP. Not high dollar and definitely not commie.

Sweet. Love me some of John Cantius Garands handiwork.

We need a July 4 post featuring firearms of "Free America".

Posters should post up their best US milsurp firearms action.

I think Ill go to the pit and start it.

Those peeps were okay with everything going on up to the moment it impacted their gated world.

The left is going to have to come up with an IFF program.
    Yes. They were OK....until this. I am sure you have seen the many interviews and comments by Mr. Lawyer. He has seen the light.

Yes. They were OK....until this. I am sure you have seen the many interviews and comments by Mr. Lawyer. He has seen the light.

Fucken Cuomo tried to hatchet job him in his interview.

It was okay when the machine ate others but he now realizes the machine will eat him.

"Galvanized Yankees" or "Chieu Hoi VC".....Ill take them as friends but keep an eye on them.

Fucken Cuomo tried to hatchet job him in his interview.

It was okay when the machine ate others but he now realizes the machine will eat him.

"Galvanized Yankees" or "Chieu Hoi VC".....Ill take them as friends but keep an eye on them.
    Well they need some training, so there's that.