• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Jungle Training/Survival Courses

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with jungle training/survival courses in central or South America? I’m looking for 7-10 days out in the bush not a guided tourist day trip. Searching the internet has a few options but it’s hard to tell if the companies and instructors are some gimmicky tourist trap or credentialed and experienced instructors.

If you wonder around Brazil for a few days you will likely find yourself in a survival sitution to test your jungle craft. :)

Reactions: Ravenworks
If you wonder around Brazil for a few days you will likely find yourself in a survival sitution to test your jungle craft. :)

I would like to try to avoid Brazil. For this training and in general

Reactions: RTH1800
I did not take it but but my Marine vet friend Mike took one that he thought highly of from an old Negrito in Subic Bay Philippines. They took a machete and a bag of rice into the jungle. Seven days of eating wild fruit and shoots with cobra meat and rice. No website or anything just go there and ask around.

Sigma 3 Survival School has in the past had jungle training. Robert Allen runs S3 and has different associates who teach different skills.

Sigma 3 Survival School has in the past had jungle training. Robert Allen runs S3 and has different associates who teach different skills.

I saw that but I was unable to find any testimonials of the jungle courses. Do you know him or have any experience with his training?

Yeah, I know Robert, and one of his primary instructors Josh. I used to hang around camp sometimes but he moved to a different location.

He has contacts and knows people all over. I am pretty impressed with some of his classes/video content, but I never actually paid & took a course. I just hung out with them.

Havn't seen him for probly a year or so and havn't kept up.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with jungle training/survival courses in central or South America? I’m looking for 7-10 days out in the bush not a guided tourist day trip. Searching the internet has a few options but it’s hard to tell if the companies and instructors are some gimmicky tourist trap or credentialed and experienced instructors.

@Alpine 338

The course is:

I have always wanted to attend, but never had the time when I had the coin, or no coin when I had the time. I have read reviews and testamonials from others who have attended and it's supposed to be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Alpine 338
I have a guide I've worked with in the Peruvian Amazon. His experience and teaching is decidedly NON "tactical" in nature, but in terms of raw experience actually living, surviving, and thriving in the jungle, his experience is second to none. We improvised fishing gear, ate piranha every night, tracked wild boar, slept in woven hammocks, etc. PM me if you'd like me to put you in touch.

20190805_182429.jpg