• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Juniper Swamp Tactical Match in Fremont NC 14 Nov

Re: Juniper Swamp Tactical Match in Fremont NC 14 Nov

Big thanks to John and Glenn for putting the match up, it was definitely a blast and the most fun I've had in a while. It was great meeting everyone also, and look forward to seeing you all in the next comp.

Just a note John, I do graphics design, so anytime you need some targets designed let me know, I'll be glad to help out. Also if the numbers of copies are not over the roof, I should be able to print'em out for you free.

Thanks again for the great work,
Jac

Guys,

I had a great time!!!

My voice is gone, but other than that I had a blast!!!!!
wink.gif

I hope some of you put together a after action review I would love to read how you all did. I will get the scores up soon, I need to get off work first, crack open the truck and get the paperwork out.

I hope you all had fun, I think I hit most skill sets a person needs to work on. Somewhere very simple in design, but people missed targets.

I would look at the targets you missed and learn from them and why you got a miss from it.

In Jan 10 do you all want to do a team event?

John

damn i wish i got to go to this one! i will definitely like to do the next one. i have a GAP m40a1 that i would like to get some good data on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Jan 10 do you all want to do a team event?</div></div>

Yeah, that would be fun.

More and more shooters will start attending once the full impact of this first event starts getting spread around. Therefore it will be important to be able to transition from one event to another quickly so we won't run out of time / daylight.

One more thing to think about especially now that it gets darker earlier with the next event being in January.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

In Jan 10 do you all want to do a team event?

</div></div>

I'd definitely be keen for it!!

We could have started an hour earlier, if not more than that.

I think most skill-sets were tested pretty well. Shows me alot of places I need to put time in.

A team event or another individual shoot would be all good, just a chance to come out and shoot with other guys and learn is what I'm there for.

You could go an endless amount of directions here.

You can fine tune some of the events, make some of the events that alot of people maxed out on harder (the clay shoot).

Incorperate shorter time limits. You could probably shorten the match, or use shorter time limits to be able to incorperate MORE stages.

More baricade shooting.
Rooftop, from inside a house, over or from inside a culvert pipe....ect.

Keep the "you cant touch your turrets" stage...I've never seen that before.

Keep the mechanical off-set stage.

Keep the conex stage.

You could do a weak-side shooting stage.

Just some ideas,

Matt....

HELL YEAH Big John a team event would be nice, but you cant be telling McCrazy and his buddy, they cleaned that match up. A team event would be great. Also the idea you and Glenn were throwing around about a "stalk and shoot" would be awesome, but that would be a vastly smaller match. Everything was great now if the neighbors didnt complain to much, maybe lets back it out a little further. But overall i found some serious flaws in some of my shooting. Great time and ill be there again in Jan.

Chris tell your step son to get that video up and going
laugh.gif

Yes, a team event would be outstanding.

The format John and Glen selected needs very little tweaking. My shooting on the other hand was miserable. WTNY, means "wait till next year". The goal I'm striving for is respectable mediocrity.......
smile.gif

Great shoot, and great to meet so many hide members. Hope the neighbors did not complain too much. We need more comps.....

Bob

yeah Bob, when i told you i was coming to make noise, i did just exactly that. How bout next time we do the standing shoot you and i swap rifles, that 18lb Badger aint quite as light as that LTR of yours.
laugh.gif
had a great time and ill get an AAR up in the morning

guys,

working on the scores now.

We had a mall hick-up. The nice lady that did the scores did the BEST JOB I ever could of asked.

I did not make it clear to her that each steel event was its own scoring.

So she added all of the steel events together.

her standings are right on the money, its the individual events that I need to brake down and let you all know how eack of you did.

I will get on that now and post it ASAP.

John

Austin,

You did fine with that Badger 2008 in that AICS stock. Yes, off hand it is a might hefty. My only problem with it was it was too pristine for Marine Equipment. Needs some mud and stuff on it, and parts held on with Duct Tape and the like.
cool.gif

I'll tag on to your AAR, with some less than lucid thoughts of my own.

See you next time,

Bob

J.Boyette does free cammo paint jobs on site.

Only takes him about 5 minutes.

I saw him do a brand new AR-10 only a couple weeks ago.

Stick something on with duct tape and you are there...

Scores on the first posting in this topic.

Thanks guys !!!!!!!

John

That was a pleasant surprise. Do I get a price for winning the rifle only division? bag of beef jerky perhaps?

Not bad for a $550 rifle and a $180 scope. Take that you GAP/TRG/Leupy/NF/USO owners!! Hahaha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Acttacus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a pleasant surprise. Do I get a price for winning the rifle only division? bag of beef jerky perhaps?

Not bad for a $550 rifle and a $180 scope. Take that you GAP/TRG/Leupy/NF/USO owners!! Hahaha. </div></div>

Good job! The "Know Your Limits" Course of fire is what broke a lot of us... Including me! If you screwed that up you were behind the curve for the rest of the day...

Thanks John for giving us a copy of the targets. I'll be putting them to good use!

1.Juniper Swamp Tactical Match, November 14th in Fremont North Carolina. Match was a tactical type match with various stages of precision rifle fire as well as CQB type pistol fire. Rd Count- 60 rifle and 100 pistol. Match put on by J. Boyette and ThunderChicken on Glenn's property. Match Started at 8:45 AM
2.Goals- To test various skill sets within the precision rifle discipline. Varying from UKD, mil holdovers, Shooting on command, urban shooting scenario, Cold bore shot, Know your limits, Rooftop shot, Mechanical offset.
Objectives- To be safe and get some good training time in as well as push shooters to become better.
3.Course of Fire
-CBS and Know your limits,And postitional shooting (prone,kneeling/sitting, and standing)
-Got Dots, using nothing but holdovers to accurately engage steel plates varying in sizes and distance 90yds-400yds
-Urban hide shot, From inside a barn engage a 1/2 MOA target at roughly 150ish yards
-Konex shot or shoot on command- Engaging clay pigeons from atop a Konex box on command of shot timer 2 second time limit for each shot to be broke.
-Mechanical offset drill target similar to Snipers Hide Group Target at roughly 45 yds, then proceed to a mock roof top simulator and engage steel plate at 350yds.
-All pistol shots where fired at a Human shillouette target with vitals scored. Need 11 pts to "kill" target via brain box, neck area, and chest.
Performance of COF
The COF was challenging yet very fun and weakness exposing. For one to shoot over 90% of the points of COF one would be a very well rounded shooter and not fundamentally weak in any areas.
Recommendations-
My recommendations for improvement would be as follows
-Put some sort of backstop behind steel plates to allow misses to be spotted and corrections made for the follow up shot
-Keep the events that were in play this past Saturday, as well as move the distance out on some. Especially the konex shot, maybe move it out to 400 ish yds and go from there. Allow shorter time limits.
-Keep the single shot rifles out of the competition which would allow the stages of fire to move along a little more rapidly.
-Hopefully get the neighbors on board and warmed to the idea of the match allowing you guys to back out the distances more.
-For the Know your Limits drill- push the target out further and make the targets a little bigger to compensate for distance.
-CBS tell Sally to stay home and not get held hostage
smile.gif
I dont want to take a hostage shot
laugh.gif

-Got Dots drill was great, again maybe the neighbors warm up to the match and allow us to do that a greater distances
-Possibly incorporate a lowlight situation stage wether it be sign in and range brief is earlier or shoot it later in the afternoon/evening
-Team match would be great
-Big John when you are scoring as opposed to having to pull double duty and score/spot have the next shooter spot for the present shooter that way you can score and rounds can get sent downrange faster.
-I would like to see a rapid fire engagement of some sort, 5 steel plates at 3-400 yds with 12-18 seconds to fire on all plates.
-I would also love to see some off hand side shooting as well as the postional shooting.

if anyone else has anything to add feel free to piggy back on my AAR. Overall the match was great, i cant complain about the 15 dollar match fee or anything else from the match (except my shooting). To everyone in NC, this match is very well run and a great time to shoot and meet some good people. To John, Glenn, and the wonderful lone lady who scored and spotted thankyou guys for putting this on. I was a great time and i look forward to shooting with you guys again soon.

To all,

My Comments to Austin's comments are in Red:

Austin's recommendations for improvement would be as follows

-Put some sort of backstop behind steel plates to allow misses to be spotted and corrections made for the follow up shot.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ditto, allowing the shooter self-spotting options would improve shooter performance, but maybe that was the point, leaving the shooter in the dark....</span>

-Keep the events that were in play this past Saturday, as well as move the distance out on some. Especially the konex shot, maybe move it out to 400 ish yds and go from there. Allow shorter time limits.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ditto on keeping the events. But in the Konex Clay bird Shot, perhaps instead of an unknown range Konex, how about 3 known range Konex targets, at say 200, 300 and 400 yds. Give the shooter 15 seconds, to fire 3 shots , at the target of choice, 5 points for a 200 yd hit, 10 points for 300 yd hits, and 15 points for 400 yd hits. The key here is to measure the shooters skill in dialing the correct range on a known 4" target, and executing it. </span>

-Keep the single shot rifles out of the competition which would allow the stages of fire to move along a little more rapidly.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Agree completely</span>

-Hopefully get the neighbors on board and warmed to the idea of the match allowing you guys to back out the distances more.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Agree</span>

-For the Know your Limits drill- push the target out further and make the targets a little bigger to compensate for distance.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> . Know your limits should be a multiple choice target for the shooter, smaller closer targets for a lower score, combined with farther larger targets, for a higher score. Let the shooter decide his limits....both on target selection and distance. Reward higher performance </span>

-CBS tell Sally to stay home and not get held hostage smile I dont want to take a hostage shot laugh

<span style="color: #FF0000">I liked this stage, Poor Sally... Perhaps use the pistol style targets with tee shirts, and place 2 IFB's, in front of a BG, that would make for an interesting COF, especially at distance</span>

-Got Dots drill was great, again maybe the neighbors warm up to the match and allow us to do that a greater distances.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Liked this one as well.</span>

-Possibly incorporate a lowlight situation stage whether it be sign in and range brief is earlier or shoot it later in the afternoon/evening.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Not sure about this one. After dark shooting could anger the locals</span>

-Team match would be great

<span style="color: #FF0000">I know I could use the help of a spotter</span>

-Big John when you are scoring as opposed to having to pull double duty and score/spot have the next shooter spot for the present shooter that way you can score and rounds can get sent downrange faster.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Big John did great, but any way we can reduce his workload would be worth exploring</span>

-I would like to see a rapid fire engagement of some sort, 5 steel plates at 3-400 yds with 12-18 seconds to fire on all plates.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Absolutely</span>

-I would also love to see some off hand side shooting as well as the postional shooting.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Agree</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Please note: My comments are offered for suggestions only. They do not reflect negatively on the quality of the presentations, and the excellent work of John and Glen.

The most important component, is keeping in the good graces of the neighbors, so that we can continue to have a place shoot and compete. That and safety (and this shoot was very safe), are of paramount importance.

For me the COF was humbling, but challenges in execution, and performing under time constraints, was enlightening. I now have a better clue on what I need to practice in the future.

In conclusion, this was the most fun I had for $15.00, since I had a 2 day liberty in Manila, back......well a long time ago.
grin.gif

Thanks,

Bob</span>

John had pm'd me and asked me to critique the shoot as well. I just want to say that I'm glad that we even had a place to shoot this COF. Thanks so much to Glen for letting us come and shoot.

There was nothing wrong at all with the way it was setup. But like everything in life, there is always room for improvement. With that being said, Bob & Austin pretty much summed it up. The shoot went great, especially for a first time out. You guys did a great job! The only possible suggestions I have are as follows:

1. Keep the Hostage shoot but incorporate a low light scenario (early morning... NOT late evening). This would enhance the "real world" scenario for the hostage shoot.

2. continue to split the groups, but possibly figure out a way to keep them separate for the entire shoot in order to keep things speeding along. This will be crucial when we start getting 40+ shooters out there.

3. Have a dedicated score keeper who can keep the scores current throughout the entire shoot. That way at the end of the day, we would know the scores right away. Also allow the shooters to see their targets once the paper targets are retrieved. That way we will know where we're hitting, and make adjustments as needed. As well as record that important data for later review.

4. Our longest engagement was 500yrds. Its cool, but like Bob & Austin suggested, lets try to push it out a bit farther.

5. Definitely allow the regulars like me to help out on the work load. The more heads we put together on not only the pre planning but on the actual execution will not only further enhance the COF, but logistics as well.

6. Incorporate some rapid bolt manipulations.

P.S. My son is working on the video as we speak.
laugh.gif

Some Personal Observations From the Shoot on Equipment:

Heavy Rifles seemed at distinct disadvantage in all shooting positions other than prone. I'm not sure that comes as any surprise to anybody be me.

I did not feel disadvantaged in the least on prone shooting having one of the lightest bolt actions, an modified Rem LTR. My rifle was up to the tasks presented, even if the loose nut behind the trigger was not.

A 9x top variable scope seemed to be at distinct disadvantage. I was using a new 3-9x42mm SS. It's adjustments were fine. FFP and MIL/MIL was very useful. But being unable to clearly spot my own bullet holes at any target over 150 yds, left me sucking wind. I could see all targets well enough, but not my hits/misses. I could not self correct.

I had never been a fan, for a number of reasons not important here, of scopes over 12x or so. Having never shot a tac comp before, I now realize the utility of having a higher power scope on tap.

Retrospectively, I kinda wish I did not leave my 6-24x50MM scope at home. It may be a SFP MIL/MOA flavor, but I could have utilized the higher power it had, more than I think SFP MIL/MOA would have hampered me. I see a 15x plus MIL/MIL FFP variable in my future.

A 10 shot DBM would have been a useful accessory. I had a 4 shot DBM system, w/two mags, and was always reaching for that 5th or 9th and 10th lose round(s). I don't think is cost me much shooting wise, but having at least one ten rounder would have given me one less thing to do and worry about. Ten rounders are available for my DBM system, and I'll have one next time around.

I hate muzzle brakes...Rather I hate shooting in a line near to a shooter that has one. It was disconcerting even with good ear gear....No offense intended to shooters that used them to good effect.

YMMV,

Bob

FYI I just caught a peek at the beginning of the video Richie's making... It's sick!
smirk.gif

Some input on my end, we'll start chronologicly.

The range brief and sign in went plenty smooth, John did a great job of running us through all the stages and describing what we could expect through the course. I like the "no bolt in weapon/bolt to the rear at all times when not on the line" rule.

After the safety brief and walk through, you let everyone draft up their range card. I wonder how a stage without us being able to range targets prior to getting on the line would work out? This would rule out any shooters without a ranging reticle though.
(Maybe only 2 or 3 targets?)

CBS- A good drill, but I think it would be even more fun if you incorperated pistol targets, like mentioned earlier. I dont know if backing up would be practical...wouldnt you want to close as much distance as possible in a hostage situation?
150-250 Yds with pistol targets.

Barn Shoot- I LOVED this stage, even though I scored a zero.
Hvaing to move to your position under time constraints in a realistic environment was a highlight for me. More of this would add a whole new level to the game.

Conex- I liked the time constraints here, but I would modify it a bit. Ide keep the same set-up but require that 2 rounds be placed on seperate targets within a set time period. Fast target ingagement and cycling of the action should be tested.

Mechanical offset- This was new for me, but I liked it also. Just make the target a bit more stationary.
smile.gif

Only things that I would change are to have a dedicated spotter, and a dedicated scorer per group. Competitiors would be able to shoot as fast as they please, instead of waiting on the spotter.

Make more challenging time limits. Under the format for last Saturday, a shooter could...(and a few did)....take as much time as they pleased on a few stages, and have no penalty. Such as the Barn Shoot.

Ide like to see an off-hand stage myself.

I realize there is only so much time in one day, and not everything can be incorperated into a match, but hopefully, if not already, some common requests will emerge.

Hope this was helpful, Matt....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI I just caught a peek at the beginning of the video Richie's making... It's sick!
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Chris thats not cool, thats like teasing a fat kid with cake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI I just caught a peek at the beginning of the video Richie's making... It's sick!
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Chris thats not cool, thats like teasing a fat kid with cake </div></div>

No SHIT

smile.gif

John

At John's request here are my thoughts on how to make the next competition better. For brevities sake I will try to not repeat what others have said other than to state that I agree.

Starting time- could be earlier but keep in mind some guys are traveling from several hours away to attend.

Range brief- was clear and concise. Keep it the same.

Range Estimation- I loved this more than anything simply for the fact that it will force people to have graduated reticles. Most importantly though it will force those that have them because they are "tacticool" to actually learn how to use the damn things or suffer the consequences
laugh.gif

CBS- the distance and hostage situation situation are a possibility for LEOs, so I say keep it the way it was. If you shot the hostage that doesn't negate the practicality of the event
wink.gif
I know it would cost more for the targets, but I would recommend having color targets on this stage. Humans are not simply different shades of gray and trying to distinguish a half inch dark gray dot on a gray face at 150 yds is not easily done.

Posititional shooting- Keep it and continue to have not be an over-riding force. It is good to know but a comp with too much of it would be a bit annoying as it is not that often encountered in real-life. Ditto for adding a weak-side shooting stage.

Know Your Limits- definitely a good concept. This stage would have been much more representative of our skills however if we had been allowed to see our CBS targets and make sight corrections.

Barn Shot- was a fun stage but I think the pistol events should be faster to help raise peoples pulses. Perhaps: requiring fewer points to get a kill on target would be better; steeper time penalties for slowness; limit the amount of total rounds that can be fired per competitor. This way people can't shoot 30 rounds per target to ensure a kill and max points on the stage.

Got Dots- for me this was the funnest stage. Not being allowed to dial elevation or windage thereby necessitating holdovers and holdunders was great. I agree with having seperate spotters and scorers though so shooting can be faster and graded harsher against time. Imagine you are being advanced upon by several suicide bombers and you need to eliminate them as immediately as possible. Distance wise I would say this stage was about right on. It only went to about 400 yards but the targets sizes were significantly reduced compared to the human torso.

Long range- Needs to be longer, no doubt about it. Perhaps for this event run it like the "Last Shot" in Sniper School. Shooters get X amount of time to mil their target, make their computations and adjustments, and fire. First shot worth 60 points for a hit, 30 points for a second round hit. No third shot allowed. If you don't get your shots off in time, too bad.

Conex shoot- good idea but needs tweaking. How about shooting small balloons (3 inches or so) that are stuffed into the same type of holes as the clay pigeons so they don't blow around arranged in rows but at a longer distance. You then have to engage X number (8?) of balloons with X number (8?) of rounds within Y (30?) amount of seconds. If you pop all balloons within the time or less you get extra points for time remaining. If you haven't shot them all within the time limit you will be stopped and your hits are your only points. If you miss but you get all shots off in the time you still missed and don't have extra rounds to cover your mistake and therefor lose points. This will handicap shooters with single shot rifles but I don't think it would be right to keep them out of the competitions altogether since we are trying to increase participation. I also recommend that the amount of balloons be more than the average rifle carries. This will require a magazine change or internal magazine top-off against the clock. 7 or 8 rounds would probably be about right.

Incorporate another shot where you are trying to shoot in as short a time a period as possible like we were during the original Conex shoot. Basically an event where you have to hit a single target at a known distance as quickly upon command as possible. Think STEEP point penalty for people taking their sweet time to break a shot.

Mechanical Offset- was another cool stage I hadn't experienced before. Keep it and build on it. Secure the target so it isn't flapping in the wind.

For all events- dividing up into 2 groups like Chris and others mentioned would be beneficial. We were almost stacked up like cordwood during the first few events. Getting kicked and elbowed by other shooters while trying to make precision shots is enough to make people get aggravated with eachother.

Having someone tally up points as the day progresses would be good so there isn't a long wait after shooting has concluded to hear the results. I would advise against letting the scores be known throughout the day though as some guys will start bragging and being annoying, while others will get stressed out and start whining. This would detract from the friendliness of the event.

Sorry for the long post but if at least one thing I mentioned improves the next comp then hopefully it was worth it.

Many thanks once again to Glenn and John for putting this together and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Just got word that the video is done. I'll post it up when I get home from work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got word that the video is done. I'll post it up when I get home from work. </div></div>

Sweet!! Big thanks to Chris and Richie, can't wait to see it!!

Alright gentlemen... The moment you've all been waiting for. Throw on the surround sound and enjoy what my son has put together for us.

Richie has one request... If you have a YouTube account, please comment / rate / subscribe... Passing the link around would be great as well.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpf_DPr01Cw

Re: Juniper Swamp Tactical Match in Fremont NC 14

Shooter #11 here with a few comments. I had a blast and will return to the next one for sure. Kudos to the Jump Master and the Chicken.

It didn't take long to find out what I need to work on. It sure is hard to keep that scope steady shooting off hand. Someone commented on this not being a practical position. My comment on that is hmmmmmmm really? If I had zombies popping up all around me I think some off hand shooting skills would come in handy.

I liked the hostage stage but lets refrain from doing it in low light. A few of us popped the bitches brains out in broad daylight. If it were dark out someone would shoot someone else's hostage.

I read some comments about making things harder next time. After looking at the scores (highest being 62%) I think we need to stick to this level of difficulty for a while. When I was in school that score would get you an F and a paddling afterwards.

An idea for those of you wanting a longer distance shot would be to simulate it by making the targets tiny. How about a five inch plate? Thats only 1 MOA at 500 yards. I think I'll stick to shooting the 18 inch Herman silhouette.

As much as I love shooting pistols I think we should ditch it and stick to rifles. If anyone wants to do a pistol match I'm sure it could be done afterwards.

I look forward to seeing all of you again soon!

Chris- your son did a great job on the video and I left a comment stating as such.

Thanks for the effort.

Mechanical offset is where your line of sight and line of bore dont match. Say you are at 20 yards with a rifle and optic, you have a 100 yd zero. You will need to aim high to compensate for the distance between the optic and muzzle of the rifle

To promote the shoot a bit more I'm going to start a new thread with just the video, so everyone can see what they missed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ninpo2006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
An idea for those of you wanting a longer distance shot would be to simulate it by making the targets tiny. How about a five inch plate? Thats only 1 MOA at 500 yards.</div></div>

The problem with doing this, is that you won't get the full effect of wind that you would at longer distances. This is where the true skills will come into play.

Great video. The lad has skills, well done

Thanks,

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To promote the shoot a bit more I'm going to start a new thread with just the video, so everyone can see what they missed. </div></div>

Chris you should definitely do that! The video is just out of this world!! Great job to Richie, the man got skills!

WOW,

That vid is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to talk to Richie.

I see a job coming up for him real soon at a class I have.

smile.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW,

That vid is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to talk to Richie.

I see a job coming up for him real soon at a class I have.

smile.gif

John </div></div>

I'm sure he would love to do it! I'll let him know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ninpo2006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It didn't take long to find out what I need to work on. It sure is hard to keep that scope steady shooting off hand. Someone commented on this not being a practical position. My comment on that is hmmmmmmm really? If I had zombies popping up all around me I think some off hand shooting skills would come in handy.
</div></div>

Zombies move slow. Plenty of time to get in the prone and get that crucial headshot
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Zombies move slow. Plenty of time to get in the prone and get that crucial headshot
wink.gif
</div></div>

Did you see Dawn of the Dead? the zombies in there were running pretty fast at one scene.. Making me think I need a .45acp now. but man, put me on that roof with my trusty old Remmy and a crate load of ammo and it'd be my dream come true haha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ninpo2006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

You've not seen Zombieland. Them jokers are faster than I am.

Haha, true enough Ninpo. I will see it when it comes out on cable. I was thinking of the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video, since he is so near and dear to our hearts now that he is dead.