• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just a little hail storm

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
Not a record or anything, but just grabbed these two pieces of hail from outside:

30lnbzs.jpg

Re: Just a little hail storm

We've been getting our share of that as well. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long summer for that stuff.

I have a lot of wheat still in the fields and fear a hail storm like that, that most people don't understand.
All of our labor, fuel, wear and tear on the machinery can all be gone with one thunderhead.
Gone also is your income for this year unless you bought crop insurance which pays pennies on the dollar but gives you enough to try again next year.
Hail makes for some really lean years out here.
Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a lot of wheat still in the fields and fear a hail storm like that, that most people don't understand.
All of our labor, fuel, wear and tear on the machinery can all be gone with one thunderhead.
Gone also is your income for this year unless you bought crop insurance which pays pennies on the dollar but gives you enough to try again next year.
Hail makes for some really lean years out here.
Regards, FM </div></div>

Not to mention twister alley Colorado

it didn't seem so big at first, but we lost pretty much all of our garden, 2 windows on the camper, body damage to all vehicles, a cracked windshield became a full blown broken windshield, and a tail light. I really feel bad for some others that had vinyl siding, or more westernly facing windows in their homes...

Got the same here in Laurel. Hailed out my garden. Lost everything. Have to start from scratch now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a record or anything, but just grabbed these two pieces of hail from outside</div></div>

Did any Twenties fall with the onezies?

Damn I hate that crap. Sorry to hear about the damage to your house and vehicles.

My fiances mother is a rn in bozeman, guess their are a lot of damaged cars in the hospital parking lot. So much for global warming! Lol