• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Specs

Re: Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Specs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would be interested to know if there is any tunneling issues with this optic since it has such a vast range. Has anyone done a T&E on this that can comment?</div></div>

I had the opportunity to handle one last fall and it has absolutely no tunneling effect whatsoever down to 3x. Also, very noticeable on lower power settings was a much wider FOV than other PMIIs. Overall, it is much lighter and more compact compared to optics of this quality and magnification range.

Re: Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Sp

this is my dream scope
blush.gif

Re: Just Added: S & B 3-20x50 PMII with all the Sp

Just added the Klein Reticle as option to our <span style="color: #000099">3-20x50 PMII FFP</span> pre-order page.

Also, in you case you missed it, we covered the features of the new <span style="color: #000099">3-20x50 PMII FFP</span> in one our SHOT Show 2011 Videos. See video at 2:45:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHXonYOUW4k"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHXonYOUW4k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

For me it's gotta be CW turrets in 0.1 mrad and a P4-Fine (or something as clear/fine/uncluttered). I'd like to run these on my .260's, 7's, and .338's
cool.gif
I'll be in touch, Mike...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For me it's gotta be CW turrets in 0.1 mrad and a P4-Fine (or something as clear/fine/uncluttered). I'd like to run these on my .260's, 7's, and .338's
cool.gif
I'll be in touch, Mike... </div></div>

Sounds good Zak! Good to hear from ya...

Mike @ CST

Zak look at the H2CMR reticle. Might be worth a try. I ordered my 3-20x with it and have a 5-25x with it on the way soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zak look at the H2CMR reticle. Might be worth a try. I ordered my 3-20x with it and have a 5-25x with it on the way soon. </div></div>

We posted details on S & B's new reticles in another thread, but I'll add the info here as well...

http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/Blog-Articles/New-Schimdt-Bender-Reticles.html

You can download the full Data Sheets with all the specs for each reticle directly below the social sharing buttons on the article page...

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the line width on the H2CMR? It's not listed on the spec sheet. </div></div>

Jerry R chimed in on this in the other thread...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Line thickness on the H2CMR is .035 mrad, or 3.5mm at 100m. It is the same size as the P4F. </div></div>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut755ln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the H2CMR is the most popular with over 50 downloads.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST </div></div>Mason when will we be able to order them? </div></div>

I've added the new reticles as drop-down options for the 3-20's and 5-25's..

Last we talked to S & B there wasn't a solid ETA. Sounds like the 3-20's and 1-8's could be out around late June/early July. Could also be sooner or later though. When we get a solid ETA, we'll let you guys know. For now, you can pre-order them if you want and get your spot in line.

Any day here we'll have 5-25's in-stock with P3 (mil-dot).

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Last we talked to S & B there wasn't a solid ETA. Sounds like the 3-20's and 1-8's could be out around late June/early July.</div></div>Yes, but did they specify a year? It could be late June/early July of 2013 the way S&B does things!

Better to have it done right and come out perfect then rush something that isn't ready to the market. People can complain about the wait time but they would be complaining more if they paid $3000 for a scope and it had problems because they rushed it to market.

I want one as much as anyone but I have no problem waiting. Patience will be rewarded.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better to have it done right and come out perfect then rush something that isn't ready to the market.

Patience will be rewarded.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Definitely. +1

Mason @ CST

Oh $hit! There goes the tax refund....

Damn, a 3 to 20? That must be nice, especially being an S&B... Damnit man.

Any word on when this will be available ?

Put me on the list Mike for one of the 3-20x50's
I will take one for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bravo 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on when this will be available ?</div></div>

Jan/Feb is the last I heard but I am in a "they will be here when they get here" state of mind. Not something I need at the moment but it's on order so when it gets here I will be happy. After seeing it two years in a row at SHOT and playing with it I am looking forward to it as it's a nice package.

while i like their scopes ... could they please explain why:

a) their new catalog service sent me 2 months ago does not mention that scope at all?

b) they don't have msr reticles available (at least in the catalog) for europe/german speaking area?

S&B would do well to learn from this product release debacle. Having to constantly reset the release dates and buyer expectations is not a smart move. I've only had my 3-20 backordered for a few months but some have been waiting years.

I'm sure it's going to be a great scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better to have it done right and come out perfect then rush something that isn't ready to the market.

Patience will be rewarded.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Definitely. +1

Mason @ CST</div></div>

Maybe S & B's $34MM U.S. Military contract for scopes (other than the 3-20x50) - awarded in June - has had something to do with the delay with the 3-20x50?

http://www.schmidtbender.com/PSRannouncement.htm

Maybe CST - as an S & B dealer - who has been taking pre-orders and deposits, can try to get some answers from S & B for us Hiders. Any info would be appreciated by many here, I would think...

I just spoke with Mike about the 3-20 today... He said Jan for a time frame.

Sure it will be worth the wait... But if there is something that can go wrong with a scope I'm sure I'll get the one with the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me on the list Mike for one of the 3-20x50's
I will take one for sure. </div></div>

Done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jan/Feb is the last I heard but I am in a "they will be here when they get here" state of mind. Not something I need at the moment but it's on order so when it gets here I will be happy. After seeing it two years in a row at SHOT and playing with it I am looking forward to it as it's a nice package. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while i like their scopes ... could they please explain why:

a) their new catalog service sent me 2 months ago does not mention that scope at all?

b) they don't have msr reticles available (at least in the catalog) for europe/german speaking area? </div></div>

I would assume it is not out yet mainly due to the fact the scope is not out yet and they are a little slow on updating thinks. As for the MSR ret it should be available in your region but I’m not sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maybe S & B's $34MM U.S. Military contract for scopes (other than the 3-20x50) - awarded in June - has had something to do with the delay with the 3-20x50?</div></div>

S&B first goal will and is to feel the US Contract order then they will ship to the rest of us. As for the delay I'm not use why other than they what to make sure they getting this scope right so they do not have issue like they did with the 2-12x50mm MTC turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maybe CST - as an S & B dealer - who has been taking pre-orders and deposits, can try to get some answers from S & B for us Hiders. Any info would be appreciated by many here, I would think... </div></div>

We taking pre-orders but we are not taking deposits due to the ETA’s keep changing.

Mike @ CST
www.cstactical.com

any update on the timeframes for these?

Thanks,
Rath

Mike or anyone else in the know:

Does S&B have any plans of putting out a MOA reticle? I'd love to try one of these, but Mil reticle is a deal breaker for me. Anybody know anything?

Thanks,
Erik

Erud they do offer a P4F MOA reticle in the 5-25x but not sure if it's going to be offered in the 3-20x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Erud they do offer a P4F MOA reticle in the 5-25x but not sure if it's going to be offered in the 3-20x. </div></div>

Interesting, I didn't realize that the P4F was MOA based. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the info, Rob.

Erik

The original P4F is a mil reticle but S&B made a MOA reticle off of the design. There was a thread on it last year I believe.

I heard they are starting to trickle in as of last week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the 3-20x50 shipping yet? </div></div>

Yes they have. Just heard about 25 of them and about 150 should be coming in the end of May.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The original P4F is a mil reticle but S&B made a MOA reticle off of the design. There was a thread on it last year I believe. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Rob</span></span>, I don't recall when I saw the thread about the MOA-based version of the P4LF, but for <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Erud</span></span> and everyone who don't have the PDFs', below are PDFs' of the MOA-based P4LF for the PMII 3-12X50 and 5-25X56 courtesy of Mark Cromwell at Schmidt Bender, USA:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PDF of MOA-based P4LF reticle for PMII 3-12X50 courtesy of Schmidt Bender, USA:</span></span>
P4FLMOAFFP3-12X.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PDF of MOA-based P4LF reticle for PMII 5-25X56 courtesy of Schmidt Bender, USA:</span></span>
P4FLMOAFFP5-25X.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still no news on the ETA? </div></div>
Please try reading at least the last few posts before you post next time. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Rob</span></span> just answered your question.

Keith

I have one on order and hope I'll get one of the ~175 that Rob mentioned. Just curious, do they come as ordered from Germany, or does S&B USA change reticles and turrets as needed to fill orders?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The original P4F is a mil reticle but S&B made a MOA reticle off of the design. There was a thread on it last year I believe. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Rob</span></span>, I don't recall when I saw the thread about the MOA-based version of the P4LF, but for <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Erud</span></span> and everyone who don't have the PDFs', below are PDFs' of the MOA-based P4LF for the PMII 3-12X50 and 5-25X56 courtesy of Mark Cromwell at Schmidt Bender, USA:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PDF of MOA-based P4LF reticle for PMII 3-12X50 courtesy of Schmidt Bender, USA:</span></span>
P4FLMOAFFP3-12X.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PDF of MOA-based P4LF reticle for PMII 5-25X56 courtesy of Schmidt Bender, USA:</span></span>
P4FLMOAFFP5-25X.jpg

Keith </div></div>

I could have swore that on S&B's North American (now seems its not working) website under the pdf of the P4LF MOA reticle it mentioned that it would be in the 3-12, 3-20, & 5-25....

I hope they will offer it in the 3-20
smile.gif

I have been trying to get ETAs on S&B and the best I have gotten was any day to a few weeks. I will try to get more info.

Mike @ CST

Bump for a great guy to deal with. Bugged the crap out of mike for the past year waiting for my 3-20 and he was patient and answered every single email. Great customer service! New scope should be in hand on Monday!
grin.gif