• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just another 1911 picture.

1911wrench

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Boonville, Missouri
Perkins Custom, Custom Elite.
customelite.jpg

Re: Just another 1911 picture.

Excellent rig!!! I knew Santa forgot something under my tree.

HOLY CRAP is that blueing polished!!

Is that your actual 1911 in the photo? I only ask because if it is, you did a really nice job posing your firearm with an old looking newspaper, the old boxes, watch, etc.

I particularly like the front strap checkering and the case hardened frame!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

-G45

I'll try to get some more photos to the OP. Thanks everyone for the kind words!! I spent days and days just sanding on this, no buffing wheel at all. The front strap is totaly hand checkered, no cnc or mill envolved at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice case hardening. Is that a Fusion frame?
</div></div>
Thank you!! I spent about 3 days just sanding two frames getting them ready to be case hardened!! Lots of work!! The forged frames are Perkins Custom LLC.

There are guns where CCH looks great, but for some reason the 1911 just isn't one of them, at least for me...

That polished deep blued slide looks gorgeous, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the case hardening. Hot blued pins and screws would really set it off... </div></div>

Exactly what caught my eye!!!

This is VERY NICE!

rasheed

Just to clear any confusion. I'm a friend of Jason's and this is his work. That said I went to sleep on this thread while it grew a set of legs so without further delay, as requested.
DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

This last picture is a teaser. I'll try and post pictures of it in a few weeks along with some one ragged hole targets.
DSC_0099.jpg

I love the case hardening on the frame. Does Jason do the case hardening or send it out? He is obviously a true craftsman in the old sense of the word. Lindy is right, my Glocks ran off to hide!

Which barrel does he use?

Doug Turnbull does Jason's color case hardening. Only barrel Jason uses is Nowlin. Also his guns are sold with only Tripp Cobra magazines. The best of everything is used in these guns including C&S ignition components.

That is sweet! Are you really going to shoot it?
Miles

Well you wouldn't go to all that trouble not to shoot it ..

I cant wait to see a range report .

Thanks for the update .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911wrench</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doug Turnbull does Jason's color case hardening. Only barrel Jason uses is Nowlin. Also his guns are sold with only Tripp Cobra magazines. The best of everything is used in these guns including C&S ignition components. </div></div>

Neat! Mr. Tripp did\made all my STIs work. Another truly amazing man. There is nothing quite like a man who takes pride in his work.

1911wrench, that lower reciever is awsome on that 1911! It almosts makes the steel look like burl wood or something. Really cool.
cool.gif

Absolutely outstanding! Such a beautiful piece. One of my guns to collect is a revolver with case hardening. I'm jealous.