• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns just bought a 1911 rock island

jeepnjc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
I just bought a rock island GI model 1911
After shooting about 50 rounds through it was impressed with it, but I am wondering about having a trigger job done, I am thinking about having it set at around 4 pounds, whats everyones thoughts about this, I have a concealed carry permit, but would only carry when I go to St Louis. Otherwise it would be for target practice and to keep me some what accurate.

Re: just bought a 1911 rock island

I live in the country, and farmer, so I always have a gun in vehicle, unless we travel 2.5 hours to the city.

Im just curious what everyone thinks is a good trigger pull

Oh, ok that makes sense. I know people who only carry when they think they're in a dangerous area and that has never made sense to me.

If you don't like the trigger pull get a trigger job. 4lbs should be good for a carrry gun. My CCW gun is a Glock 36 and it has a 5.5lb trigger pull, but I prefer the 4.5lb on my 34.

On a 1911, 4-4.5 trigger you're GTG.

Kevin

I go three pound but that is just me and a lot of people seem to think that is to light .

Four pound is still very usable .