• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just Bought My First Pony Today!!!!!!!!

gunfighter48

Minuteman
Aug 9, 2012
Mill Creek, Washington
I have been carrying a STI Ranger II 45 ACP for 4 years but I have a bad back and the weight has been a problem lately. So today I went out looking for a light weight 45 figuring on getting a Kimber Pro series gun. One of the shops I went to today had a Colt LW Commander in stock. I fondled it and a Kimber Pro Carry II and finally bought the Colt. My very first Colt 1911, I'm really pumped about it.
grin.gif
I had a Kimber Pro Carry II a number of years ago and to date it was the most accurate out of the box pistol that I have owned and was 100% reliable. (I know Kimbers are a POS and they are never reliable, YEA RIGHT!) My STI comes in a very close second. But I thought it was time I gave Colt a try. I'll get to the range tomorrow and get some rounds thru it and see how it does.

ColtLWCommander.jpg

Re: Just Bought My First Pony Today!!!!!!!!

From what I've heard, that there is "unobtanium" as of late! nice find! Enjoy the pony and take it for a long fast ride!

-G45

Re: Just Bought My First Pony Today!!!!!!!! Update

I took it to the range yesterday and put 200 rds thru it. It never missed a beat, no problems of any type (except the old guy pulling the trigger
grin.gif
). I bought some 185gr JHPs at a gun show a few years ago and all but one of my pistols would not shoot it reliably. The Colt ate them up without a problem and they were fairly accurate to boot. Guess I'll have to hit the gun show in two weeks and look for some more to practice with. The trigger is on the heavy side, I haven't measured it yet but feels like 5.5 to 6.5lbs. I'll shoot a few hundred more rounds then do some adjusting with the trigger. Might even buy one of the Cylinder and Slide trigger kits for it. All and all, I very happy with it.

Re: Just Bought My First Pony Today!!!!!!!! Update

Congrats on the purchase, you will like it. I had the same gun with 5 inch barrel, I believe the sob would feed a rock if you could get it in the mag.. Wilson's of course.
wink.gif