• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Just getting started...

JMM

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2013
Frederick, MD
welllllll - maybe! Seems this is a bad time to try to start reloading. Want to start reloading 308/7.62X51 but wow - powder and primers are nowhere to be found. I have found some bullets and gotten on some mailing lists and have some stuff on back order but other than that I got nothing! Any recommendations on how best to proceed in this effort?

At this point until primers and powder arrive I guess I buy ammo and collect once fired brass.

It just takes time to get everything. I just got a Lyman Case prep station I love it and a guy made a attachment to were you can use a Lee case length guide a trim on it its the best. There is a video on You tube and you can buy it on e-bay. Good Luck getting set up.

For components, you nailed it, powder and primers are the critical oath items right now. I'd suggest looking for those locally while keeping an eye on the Internet for them. In the short term, hooking up with local guys who may have a bit extra to sell may be your best bet. Post and look on a local shooting & reloading forum. You also may update your profile so guys here can see where you are.

Don't know if you want to put your location in your profile or not but it might be helpful. You might find someone local to you that can keep an eye out and help point you to components. Some of us have sources for components that we don't or won't go public with.

Don't know if you want to put your location in your profile or not but it might be helpful. You might find someone local to you that can keep an eye out and help point you to components. Some of us have sources for components that we don't or won't go public with.

I will do that - thanks for the suggestion!