• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Just Getting Starting

StarkCountyShooter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2011
N.E. Ohio
I am just getting started on the reloading side, my question is if I buy one of the reloading kits is that enough to reload once I have the powder,bullets,primers or are there other pieces needed

Re: Just Getting Starting

what does the kit have?

you at least need a way to prime the brass, a press to seat the stuff right and shape the case, and then at least 2 dies (seater and a full size)

that'll get you to load at least a virgin brass that has never been reloaded before.

That'll work.

just need dies, that'll get you loading. also need something to clean the primer pockets and eventually trim the cases, but that'll do for now.

Sometimes (usually) spending a bit more on tools will delay the time when you feel the need to start replacing items.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes (usually) spending a bit more on tools will delay the time when you feel the need to start replacing items. </div></div>

I've come to learn here to just answer the questions. I've asked the same ones myself and had I done my research, I would have found my answers.

asking is easier.
smile.gif
lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes (usually) spending a bit more on tools will delay the time when you feel the need to start replacing items. </div></div>

Am I missing something here ^

The Lee stuff will get you started, but after some time you will want to upgrade. I would recommend the RCBS Rock Chucker kit if the money is there...

A reloading manual is a MUST!! Some important tools are: A good caliper, an accurate scale, quality dies, a good powder thrower, a powder trickler, trimming tools, case lube, case trays, ect......The most important thing is to read and research before you do any loading....Any question you have can be found on this site. Good Luck