• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Just got a Crossbreed Holster

generalzip

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx
    Amazing quality. Extremely comfortable and it hasn't even been broken in yet! Using it with my G23 and possibly with my soon to acquire G26. Just wanted to shout out to the people at Crossbreed and say thanks for making such an awesome holster!

Re: Just got a Crossbreed Holster

+1. I got one for Christmas to carry a S&W 640. The gun fits perfectly and so does the holster on me. No trimming or adjustment required.

Rides well and comfortable on my hip even when sitting in a car.

Great product!

I've had a Crossbreed Holster for a few months and I love it. I bought it to accommodate my Glock 17 for concealed carry. It does a great job of making the pistol almost invisible, even when wearing tshirt. No printing or anything like that. I absolutely recommend!

I've had mine for about two months and carry my G27 and sometimes my G22. This is the best cc holster I've found to date.

same here got a new crossbreed a few months back for my 1911 best most comfortable holster that i have ever owned.

Have one for my G29. They are a very nice holster. I decided to try carrying my G21 while the G29 was away at Coldbore. Could not believe how comfortable it was carrying a fullsize Glock.

I've always seen these advertised on the small of the back. Is it also possible to wear on the front of the hip? Wondering if the crossbreed could also double as an IDPA holster?

I wear mine at 3-5 o'clock. Because of the width of the holster its a little awkward when wearing at 2 o clock.

I have a Crossbreed as well. While I agree that it is extremely comfortable, I have had real problems drawing with mine. My pistol (a 1911) gets hung up in the kydex so badly that i can't draw the pistol without using my off hand to hold the holster in my belt and forcing it out. I've tried to move adjust the positioning of the holster on hip to no avail. Ultimately, i gave up on the Crossbreed and went with a more traditional leather IWB design. (I acknowledge that i could be the problem and could be doing something wrong, but uses i can figure out what that may be, I'm Not comfortable with a carry holster that I have to fight to get access to my pistol.)

^^^^^^^^^
    Was your front sight getting hung up? I've had my Cross Breed going on 4 years now. They even replaced the Kydex when I burnt a hole in it while trying to tighten it back up. Their customer service has always been top notch for me, I think if you had contacted them about the problem they would have gave you some ideas or fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dujd09</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always seen these advertised on the small of the back. Is it also possible to wear on the front of the hip? Wondering if the crossbreed could also double as an IDPA holster? </div></div>

I wear my IWB holster at about 3:30-4 o clock.

I'd imagine that most IWB holsters could be worn at 2 o clock, if it suits your body shape.

IWB holsters are IDPA legal, but I think you'll find that they are:

1. not competitive. Kydex is the norm for a reason. It's much faster. IDPA is a game, ultimately, and there's no real justification for using equipment that is not competitive.

2. Not well suited to repeated draws. I carry in a leather iwb now, but the kydex/leather hybrid holster is more of a "carry," not "use" type holster. No hybrid holster is really made for repeated presentation, in my experience, and they're a real bitch to re-holster from.

I don't really shoot IDPA very often anymore, but when I do, I use both a gun and a rig that I'd never carry unless it was freezing outside and I was wearing a huge coat. Most others are doing the same thing in IDPA.

I'd not be opposed to using my every day carry stuff for IDPA, but mostly that's because I don't really take IDPA seriously, because I am a USPSA shooter, and the skill level is very obviously much higher in USPSA. That's not a game issue, though, but more the fact that USPSA is more exciting and draws more talented shooters.

their holsters are so comfortable... i wear a sig 220 as my concealed carry gun and i've used their holster for over a year and a half with no issues.

5 inch 1911 in mine. Its worn at the 3:30 position and I myself find it to be extremely comfortable even being as slim as I am.

Colt

For the daily users do you a loose shirt or do you tuck while wearing these? Seen both just wondering if there was a preference and how well it worked if one would decide to go with a "tuck"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the daily users do you a loose shirt or do you tuck while wearing these? Seen both just wondering if there was a preference and how well it worked if one would decide to go with a "tuck" </div></div>

There is a good video on the website showing carrying loose and tucked.

I ordered one of these holsters a few weeks ago for my 1911 I am interested to see how it wears. The remarks here sound good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bamf911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered one of these holsters a few weeks ago for my 1911 I am interested to see how it wears. The remarks here sound good. </div></div>
    Thanks for the tip but I prefer a review from the "end user". A car salesman will tell you his is the best and the sticker in the window says it'll get X amount to the gallon. Its not uncommon for those to be not quite as advertised. Sooooo any actual users...care to share?

I've worn my Crossbreed for over a year, it's a good holster. I run it untucked. Actually I've never tried to tuck with it.

For the last 3 months I've been running another holster AIWB to test for comfort. So far so good and much easier to conceal for me, and I find I actually carry more often with the AIWB setup vs. the 2-5 position with any other holster I've had. Body type will definitely dictate on whether this works for you.

I love mine wear it at about 330. Has anyone else noticed that there holster makes noise when moving around? Crossbreed says treat it with leather conditioner but didnt work for me. Could be my fat belly is putting to much stress on the holster. But really its pretty loud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1toughguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine wear it at about 330. Has anyone else noticed that there holster makes noise when moving around? Crossbreed says treat it with leather conditioner but didnt work for me. Could be my fat belly is putting to much stress on the holster. But really its pretty loud. </div></div>

I have the horsehide version of the Supertuck. It squeaked for about 3-4 weeks with daily wear and then broke in enough to stop.