• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Just got back from the gun shop

Ring Bearer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Mordor
Not a single AR in sight, 1/3 of the hand guns are sold out
and there is a 400 plus wait list for new AR's

Re: Just got back from the gun shop

Its all over! I went to mine last month, and he told me the same thing.

I stopped into my friends shop today and while he doesn't stock/sell a lot of AR's the few he had are long gone. The other thing I noticed was his low inventory on brass and powder. I asked him about it and he placed a large order and the majority of it got backordered!

No powder, brass, bullets or ammo and if they get any in they are limiting the amount you can buy.

Was at my local shop today and the place looked like a buffet after Oprah had been there.

That said, he just got in an entire pallet of LWRC's... ordered in Dec. His jobber fulfilled the order. Something like 60 of them, all brand new...

So there is some goodness and joy out there.

So far, he has not been jacking up prices, either.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just got back from one of the local G&A shops. Bought a beautiful pair of 1934 Hex Receiver Izshevsk Nosin-Nagant 91/30's, complete with the usual accessories (plus gratuitous cable gun locks. The entire transaction took about 15 minutes, the drive was 1/2hr each way. Prices ($169 per) were kinda high, but no higher than when I first scouted them out 2 months ago. I had them on order elsewhere for much cheaper, but that dealer told me to look around, his distributers were not coming through anytime soon.

No AR's, but a fair number of Saiga S/G's, and one AK. Heard someone say they bought the last AR there for $1500.

Greg

SO, what would someone pay for an AR right this minute?
I got one, nicely cleaned, all legal. Not that I would intentionally gouge, but it is all about supply and demand. True, it IS the oddball caliber rifle here among the 308's but since there is such a high demand and no AR's in sight, I just may be willing to part with it for the right amount, say somewhere north of, oh, $2500(I'll throw in all the p-mags and even some really nice mil spec mags too AND even a few boxes worth of ammo and brass) Just checkin ya know, someone jumps on this, SHOOT I'll SELL, just twist my arm!

Being there is a not insignificant chance that you will not be able to buy another one, I recommend you think in terms of "replacement cost" and not in terms of "return on investment." Fast money today may not look so hot in the future if you decide you want to replace it...

Yes, but the real question is, how much is that AR worth to you when they decide to come and get it? I can see a number of answers to that question, and not all of them require dollar signs.

Greg

I sold my only AR type rifle long before any of this legislation regained steam... and honestly, I don't really see the benefit to the system over my other options (lever .357, bolt .308, .22 lr)for 99% of applications. That said, I do find myself wishing I had one. More out of spite than anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but the real question is, how much is that AR worth to you when they decide to come and get it? I can see a number of answers to that question, and not all of them require dollar signs.

Greg </div></div>

Unfortunately, all my AR's and other semi-autos were lost in a tragic para-sailing accident. All I have left is my Pedersoli rolling block.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Unfortunately, all my AR's and other semi-autos were lost in a tragic para-sailing accident. All I have left is my Pedersoli rolling block.</div></div>
Yeah, I heard about that. Sorry for your loss...

heh heh heh, AR's are kids guns. FAL's and M14's are what I like when shoulder fired, box magazine fed, semi automatic whoop ass is needed. When they come for stuff, well, I am certain it will hit the news about one more crazy veteran with guns and neighbors going,"well sir, he kinda kept to himself, but rode around on loud motorcycles. I think he was a college student or somethin, but he was pretty much a quiet person who didn't say much to anyone, matter of fact he pretty much ignored everyone except his family"

Here ya go Feinstein, Ban this ya cunt!

ARbackroombetty.jpg

^^Im with ya on that!!^^

Everyone has a line. MANY great Americans have died to make sure we have these rights. And to ensure my children enjoy the same rights Ill do the same. My children WILL NOT be born and raised as slaves.

I went to my local shooting range this morning, figured I'd pick up some practice ammo for my .40 , no ammo! 75% of the guns under glass were gone. Most of the long guns were gone also.