• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Just got done watching Lone Surviver...

I thought the movie was very well done, my single largest regret in life is not serving and feel that although there is a great amount of respect in the US for our servicemen and women everybody should watch this movie.

I agree 100% with your statement. My biggest regret is not enlisting after 9/11. I feel guilty every time I read a book or watch a movie about these brave guys. The movie was good for what it was. I think it honored the fallen very well. I was in a sold out showing and young and old alike we're very respectful. What got me was the older gentleman who stood up and saluted during the slideshow at the end. I think that touched everyone there tremendously.

The link did not work. Perhaps some lawyer threatened with a lawsuit??

The movie was heavy, what a sad story. I really wish they would have just tied up/killed those damn Taliban sheep herders and lived to fight another day.

Watched tonight. Good Action. Good Technical Production and Special Effects. Good Story that honored some of America's Best. Wife was bawling all the way out to the vehicle. I did not "enjoy" the movie. Instead, I felt inspired and proud of our combat veterans past and present.

Saw it yesterday in a sold out matinee. The show afterwards was sold out too. It did an excellent job with the "fog of war" coms situation. The theater was respectful on departure.

I did not "enjoy" the movie. Instead, I felt inspired and proud of our combat veterans past and present.
+1

Damned hard to watch. No clapping or any other noise as people walked out. Just stone cold silence, as it should be.

Saw it this weekend, I didn't "enjoy" it. But saw it as the fight for the last few moments of precious life of brave men. To me that represents all who have made the ultimate sacrifice for us. I felt the same way when I saw Blackhawk Down, makes me hate the people that hate the U.S.

Went to see Lone Survivor lastnight. The theatre was packed, it was so quiet in there to could hear a pin drop through the entire movie. The picture slide show at the end was a very nice tribute. Thank you to all who served and are serving, you are the bravest people on the earth.

I read the book twice, and saw the movie. It was excellent and very well done. I would recommend it.

They really captured the utter brutality that these guys went through. I'm not going to spoil, but there are scenes which will make you cringe and recoil back into the theatre chair.

The directing was superb, action sequences are top notch, and there is a general impression of accuracy and believability in terms of how the team members interact with each other, both on post and in the field.

That said, there were clear differences from the book, some of them factually radical, but understandable for theatrical reasons. All considered, they do not significantly alter the story.

I don't think they got the guns completely right. e.g. IIRC from the book, Luttrell extols the virtues of the suppressed long range .223, and writes of his having a NF 2.5-10 on it.

Here's a site that points out the things I noticed, and some others I didn't. This link has spoilers.

Lone Survivor True Story vs Movie - Real Marcus Luttrell, Mike Murphy

--Fargo007

Saw it last weekend. It's well done.

That said, the theater had its fair share of idiots. From the couple who thought their little kids should see it with them. (MOMMY! MOMMY! I'M SCARED!) To the lady in the seat in front of me that puked her popcorn back into the bucket. (Stunk)

Saw it last weekend. It's well done.

That said, the theater had its fair share of idiots. From the couple who thought their little kids should see it with them. (MOMMY! MOMMY! I'M SCARED!) To the lady in the seat in front of me that puked her popcorn back into the bucket. (Stunk)

LOL - Holy crap....

Dude - Where did you see it? In a gulag?

When the team was compromised by the sheep herders/Taliban. Why didn't they take them hostage, walk them to a spot where they could make comm and then let them go?

At least take their shoes off before they let them go.

Last edited:
A few points. Shah was 613 meters from them. Marcus was asked can you make the shot?
-Why not?
Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet?
-They brought 5.56s to get Shah? Not that it would have changed the equation, but given that Axe and Marcus were snipers! How about some long range love from the mountain top!
Tie their hands, take their shoes off and let them go! Good luck doing parkour down that mountain now kid!
After all that tumbling if the scope Marcus was fielding is still holding zero, presuming it was a Leupy and not a Nighty, I really want one now!
And yeah, puts all those shy drop tests to shame now, does it? Lowlight, I am looking at you!

A few points. Shah was 613 meters from them. Marcus was asked can you make the shot?
-Why not?
Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet?
-They brought 5.56s to get Shah? Not that it would have changed the equation, but given that Axe and Marcus were snipers! How about some long range love from the mountain top!

IIRC, that was Movie Magic Moment. I don’t recall them having eyes on and certainly not 613 meters in the book. One must also remember they were the advance team tasked with an observation role for the larger team to do the snatch and grab...

After all that tumbling if the scope Marcus was fielding is still holding zero, presuming it was a Leupy and not a Nighty, I really want one now!
And yeah, puts all those shy drop tests to shame now, does it? Lowlight, I am looking at you!

Also, I seem to remember reading Mark wishing he had either brought his scope or a different scope than what he had... The book is worth the read!

Not that it matters a hill of effing beans to this film, but:

Can somebody please point me in the direction of Marky Mark's anti-gun actions or statements?

You've got to be kidding

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
www.2AFight.com

What exactly (scope) was he running that day? Mark4 or NF?

I will have to get back with you as I don’t have my copy of the book with me, but IIRC, he was running a red dot or Acog at the time. They didn’t have a laser rangefinder incorporated into a Leupold spotter with 100x and image stabilization either... But I want one ;)

“I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” Mark Wahlberg bemoaned in the Herald Sun in 2007. “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”
This is one of many...

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
www.2AFight.com

In front of the live audience (and the entire world) Marky-Mark stated, “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.”

www.2AFight.com

Fyi I was a director for 24 years and was blacklisted in 2000 for being conservative. I know first hand even more if you're interested

www.2AFight.com

Fyi I was a director for 24 years and was blacklisted in 2000 for being conservative. I know first hand even more if you're interested

Are you sure you weren't just a dick? I've worked with some pretty outspoken conservative folks in Hollywood for a long time and the only one who was every blacklisted was a total dick anyway. I've also worked with some moonbat liberals who were blacklisted too. Why? Yep, they were dicks.

Funny Dog whatever. Obviously you were in good company with them

www.2AFight.com

I will have to get back with you as I don’t have my copy of the book with me, but IIRC, he was running a red dot or Acog at the time. They didn’t have a laser rangefinder incorporated into a Leupold spotter with 100x and image stabilization either... But I want one ;)

Yeah I want one too! especially if it prevents your hand from shaking. I mean at 600+ meters, standing off-hand, that picture through the range finder was stable as heck! :)

Funny Dog whatever. Obviously you were in good company with them

www.2AFight.com

Haha, Oh snap! Probably furthest from the truth tho.

If you were blacklisted I doubt it was for being a staunch conservative, I've worked with a lot of conservatives and liberals alike in Hollywood. And as stated if you get blacklisted in Hollywood it's because you have real issues. You have to have a thick set of balls and be capable of working with all types if your gonna survive the film industry.

Not saying you have real issues, but it's quite possible? We are all deluded to some degree.

Lastly there are shit tons of people in Hollywood who have guns, go shooting regularly, and compete at all levels. Starting to sound like a broken record. Hollywood=gun grabbers, Hollywood=gun grabbers, bla…bla…

What's your point? You have no idea who I am or what experiences I've had. So your opinion means shit pal. I suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself when the real facts aren't known. Oh that's right I forgot Hollywood is the land of misrepresentation and the kingdom of contempt prior to investigation.

www.2AFight.com